Patriots Complete Trade for Brandin Cooks

That offense will be hard to contain.....if Gronk stays healthy, no AFC team will come close....and their D is solid....here comes their 15th division title, 12 AFCCG, 8th SB.....6 Lombardi.....groundhog day........yawn....business as usual in Foxboro....

The nightmare will end eventually...right ?...it has to......

@FieldYates

Brandin Cooks, Gronk, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, James White, Dion Lewis, Dwayne Allen. Good luck defending those pass catchers.

And their defense was #1 in the NFL in points allowed.......wooohooo...good times for Bills fan.....ugh...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That offense will be hard to contain.....if Gronk stays healthy, no AFC team will come close....and their D is solid....here comes their 15th division title, 12 AFCCG, 8th SB.....6 Lombardi.....groundhog day........yawn....business as usual in Foxboro....

The nightmare will end eventually...right ?...it has to......

This is why I want jimmy traded. I have made peace with the pats dominating under Brady. But 10 more years?

No way. Don't let me down Cleveland

This is why I want jimmy traded. I have made peace with the pats dominating under Brady. But 10 more years?

No way. Don't let me down Cleveland

I'm with you......Hopefully, JG gets traded.....

BTW, nice to see you here...I get a strong feeling we'll need your positive outlook the next 2-3 year....

I'm with you......Hopefully, JG gets traded.....

BTW, nice to see you here...I get a strong feeling we'll need your positive outlook the next 2-3 year....

Thanks! I ditched the "future". I want success now!

Good to see you and many of the other refugees here. I like this place - better discussion so far

And here we are trying to sneak into the last wild card spot with Tyrod just so we can get eliminated early.

The Bills have been spinning their wheels in the mud for the past two decades.

Face it, after being playoff deprived this long, just getting there would be considered a huge improvement. Anyone who thinks we're going to get to the Superbowl while Brady is still playing as good as he has been is delusional.

Face it, after being playoff deprived this long, just getting there would be considered a huge improvement. Anyone who thinks we're going to get to the Superbowl while Brady is still playing as good as he has been is delusional.

yup. And with Peyton gone, I think the only competition Brady's offense has in the AFC is Ben and the Steelers. The Raiders and Colts have potential but aren't in that same tier. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have picked Cooks in FFL since he has been in the NFL. I have watched a lot of the Saints because of him and I can tell you right now that Bree's spreads the football to everyone. If Bree's focused on Cooks like Matt Ryan targets Jones he would put up massive numbers. Cooks really does undress CB's out there, he has Shadys agility but he also has elite speed and hands. I was hoping this trade never came to fruition. This sucks.

The knocks are few and far between. He's small but he goes up for the ball like a champ. He's agile, he's got jets on him...

This attitude thing was a surprise because he was loved as a smart hardworking guy coming out.

I think a lot of people underrate him just like they do a lot of saints offensive players.

The next two years are over before they start due to Pats. It stinks but it's true...that's why Tyrod should not be here

You never know. I'm one of the homers that had been predicting Brady's demise for years. I won't do it anymore.

That said, the guy will be 40. Sure, he could win 2 more super bowls. But the wheels could come off fast too.

The bills just have to keep fighting and improving. Be ready when it happens.

The team that won the Super Bowl last year and wins the division every year, is not satisfied. They try to get better and find creative ways to add good players all of the time. They try and get better everyday. We are the furthest thing from set, and yet we are sitting around waiting for dust to settle to sign somebody's #5 receiver.

They are winners Brandon just wants sell tickets

You never know. I'm one of the homers that had been predicting Brady's demise for years. I won't do it anymore.

That said, the guy will be 40. Sure, he could win 2 more super bowls. But the wheels could come off fast too.

The bills just have to keep fighting and improving. Be ready when it happens.

Yea, y'all that started that at 35 were silly but we are now in the "any time now" phase. He will land wrong and it'll linger and it'll be it. When? Within the next couple years

Except thats NOT what the Patriots have normally done...they are being unusual this year...normally they get rid of good players for draft picks.

What is it with this board right now? One day were are dumb for not doing it like the 1 win Browns...now we are dumb for not trading away picks for small WR's that were good, but not elite despite playing his whole career with a QB who averaged 5000 yards during his time playing with him.

Doesnt matter what the Bills do...its always wrong to everyone. No one mentions that 31 other teams could have also traded for Cooks who was known to be on the market but also did NOT trade for him. Its getting incredibly annoying around here...every single piece of news of every other team is somehow twisted to show the Bills aren't doing it right and should do it like that team...

Every year the Pats rework their roster to not only make it better but also different. Sometimes they enter the season with a bulked up offense and in other years they use the offseason to upgrade the defense. They are the most intriguing team to follow because they are one of the most innovative teams in the league. They don't follow--- they set the trend.

How they manage the cap and contracts is so much different from other teams. They analytically and in an unsentimental fashion make personnel decisions. Their cook book is a book that they follow but other teams aren't sophisticated enough to replicate what they do.

During the season their game plans on offense and defense varies from game to game. In addition, within the games they adjust when they need to adjust. In the SB bringing in the third string back changed the dynamic of that game.

The Pats win of course because they have Brady. But more importantly they win because they are a smarter organization than most. While we play checkers they play chess like they are masters. You got to admire what they have accomplished and how they have run their operation.

Now watch AP sign with the pats

I did a fantasy draft in Madden, and the Pats took Brady AND adrian peterson! **** was crazy!! I rolled with Cardale Jones. Throws too many picks cuz of the throwing motion he has. Had to draft a sleeper QB in the 3rd round to win the superbowl with my Bills team. kept Sammy, ZBrown, Ragland (WHO IS BEAST), and Darby from the originals.

Hot take alert- I actually think the Saints got the better end of this deal.

Btw it doesn't matter for the Bills 2 games. They would have lost to the Pats with or without Cooks and the rest of their acquisitions as long as Brady as there.

Why?

Every year the Pats rework their roster to not only make it better but also different. Sometimes they enter the season with a bulked up offense and in other years they use the offseason to upgrade the defense. They are the most intriguing team to follow because they are one of the most innovative teams in the league. They don't follow--- they set the trend.

How they manage the cap and contracts is so much different from other teams. They analytically and in an unsentimental fashion make personnel decisions. Their cook book is a book that they follow but other teams aren't sophisticated enough to replicate what they do.

During the season their game plans on offense and defense varies from game to game. In addition, within the games they adjust when they need to adjust. In the SB bringing in the third string back changed the dynamic of that game.

The Pats win of course because they have Brady. But more importantly they win because they are a smarter organization than most. While we play checkers they play chess like they are masters. You got to admire what they have accomplished and how they have run their operation.

I whole heartedly agree! 1000%

Pats are better than any organization in any sport at all of that...and that was my point exactly. Cooks doesnt change that, people can back off the ledge, the Pats were going to dominate next year with or without him because they are just that good and smarter than everyone else.

I wasnt mocking the pickup, its a great move by the Pats and I wont be surprised to see them restock draft picks and trade Jimmy to Browns. My only point was that Cooks is irrelevant, they were already the team to beat and this did not change that. Brady will throw for 4800 yards whether Cooks is catching passes from him or not was my point. That was a testament to Brady and that team.

Slow down just a minute, I have rethought all this and I have found a silver lining. Fans around the NFL have hope, the end of the Patriot machine may be closer than we think due to the moves these past two days.

They gave up their first and lost a nice RWS contract oppurtunity to get a player under their control for 5 years. Cooks is due to be paid much sooner than that pick, Butler is due, Hightower is due, Collins is gone, Jones is gone, Ryan is gone, Bennett is gone. That is a huge departure of talent but clearly not enough to derail them. Kony Ealy also has played a few years into his rookie deal.

I know this is long winded but this weeks move improved their team but may have accelerated their inevitable decline. Two keys that must happen, the Pats must hang onto Jimmy G. and he must fail as a starting QB. Stephon Gilmore has to flop in New England. He will be their #1 after this year, his money could work against them once they pay Cooks, Jimmy G. Etc. In this scenario I also want them to pay Hightower top dollar.

Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, Dmac, and a few of their offensive lineman have already played their best years out in NE.

Blehhh it's a reach I suppose. First step don't trade Jimmy G. I don't want them replacing those picks. Second step open that checkbook to that ILB.

Edited by Commonsense