Hyde was rated by PFF the 53rd best CB in the NFL last year

Which equates to being a serviceable left starting #2 CB in the NFL

That's the good news

The bad news it cost us over 6M a year with a multiple year contract

But he isnt a replacement for Gilmore

Or any kind of upgrade over any other secondary player

So not sure why everyone is 'excited' about this

Unless our New HC knows something about this player we don't

Let's just hope it doesn't negate a 3rd round comp pick next year in losing Gilmore

And we are looking to draft a real #1 CB in the 2017 draft which is full of potential stud's

jc

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good pick up. I will still mourn Gilmore folks but give me a couple of days and I will be over it.

I have been a big Micah Hyde fan. If he can stay healthy (which has been his issue) he is a quality starter.

how much did you drink today Gunner... fess up. I've been worried!

That's the good news

Let's just hope it doesn't negate a 3rd round comp pick next year in losing Gilmore

And we are looking to draft a real #1 CB in the 2017 draft which is full of potential stud's

jc

PFF is straight trash and he's a safety

That's the good news

jc

He's certainly not an outside corner.

He lost his role to two rookies by the end of last season and they made no effort to retain him. He was a backup for the Pack, but the good news is they have a pretty good secondary. He's a decent player, but we badly overpaid him and we are projecting him to a bigger role than he should likely fill. But who knows, McD might be able to polish him up.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

That's the good news

jc

well since he's a safety it'll be nice to see him cover tight ends. and 14 mil is starter cb money so 6 mil is solid number 2 money anyways

ok ok. Just don't mix in any bleach. We will get through this.

I make no apologies for my Gilmore love. He will get the recognition he always deserved in New England.

But if you wanted to find a guy I have a healthy man crush on as a replacement you would have done well to find better than Hyde. Can play corner or safety gives them flexibility in the draft.

Fair enough, yes, so he lost his job, to Clinton Dix and Burnett

So the fan base is uber excited about signing the Packers backup safety?

Again a solid NFL starting player with nice versatility

A nice upgrade on Robey-Coleman fer sure

However he does in any way replace either the talent of Graham, Williams, or Gilmore, and is a low level starter

Unless he turns into the 3rd coming of Lorax or Zach Brown

Still doesn't negate doing exactly what the Packers did, replacing him with a young high draft pick this year

jc

I make no apologies for my Gilmore love. He will get the recognition he always deserved in New England.

But if you wanted to find a guy I have a healthy man crush on as a replacement you would have done well to find better than Hyde. Can play corner or safety gives them flexibility in the draft.

i look at it this way...as long as Brady is there, pats were going to beat us with or without Gilmore. We can't beat them even with Gilmore for 5 years. We can't wrap up that kind of contract in a CB in this particular scheme because we don't have Brady. We and everyone else need to play for 2nd place regardless. It is what it is. But we need Gilmore's money to pay players to play within this new scheme, and win the other games. I wish him well, but he doesn't need it!

*better he go there than another WC contender like Pitt, Miami, Oakland, etc. We were going to lose to the Pats anyway regardless of which side Gilmore was on.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gilmore is awesome and we will miss him. He is worth the big contract and in is his prime. However the Bills cant afford him. Period. Initially thought Hyde has a big contract but it's half of Gilmore. If he is 75% as good it's a nice deal

I'm not making the guy a scapegoat or blaming him for anything other than his own performance. Where in my postings are you getting that from?

Joakim Noah is broken down now, probably not a coincidence, its a good point. But as a fan of the team I'm all over those guys who (foolishly?) give their team everything they've got.

Sorry, wasn't totally aimed at you. But this guy took a lot of crap here since he was drafted.

This strikes me as a guy who dates a good looking girl for awhile and takes her for granted. Then, she meets a better looking, richer, more successful guy and leaves you. You say she wasn't that hot but then end up settling down with a chubby chick who works at mcdonalds and your ex is living a dream.

Gilmore is awesome and we will miss him. He is worth the big contract and in is his prime. However the Bills cant afford him. Period. Initially thought Hyde has a big contract but it's half of Gilmore. If he is 75% as good it's a nice deal

Very happy with Hyde but don't compare him to Gilmore because they are completely different players.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

according to Sal, they flipped AW's money over to Hyde