Anyone else amazed that there were no leaks?

Every move we made yesterday was a big surprise, including Hauschka this morning. I hadn't heard anything about these players being on the Bills radar, and Tyrod leaks were split 50/50 on whether or not he was saying. A restructure was seen as a pipe dream.

I kind of like this new OBD. I appreciated when we got leaks before but everything seems a lot more professional now. And I think it all started when Derek Boykin took over as VP of Communications, so maybe that is related.

Every move we made yesterday was a big surprise, including Hauschka this morning. I hadn't heard anything about these players being on the Bills radar, and Tyrod leaks were split 50/50 on whether or not he was saying. A restructure was seen as a pipe dream.

I kind of like this new OBD. I appreciated when we got leaks before but everything seems a lot more professional now. And I think it all started when Derek Boykin took over as VP of Communications, so maybe that is related.

There was Leaks.

Just depended on who you trust

The issue of leaks representing the quality of management is over-blown. Self-serving leaks come from agents, players and within the organizations trying to put themselves in a good light or better position themselves when negotiating. There is little significance to them. What really counts is the quality of decisions being made that contribute to success.

When there is persistent failure it is inevitable that internal leaks are going to spew out because it is part of the standard blame game, everyone pointing the fingers outward. The bottom line is that the issue of leaks is a small side-issue that deflects from the real issue of good organizational decision-making.

People had rumour and speculation. There was nobody claiming to have heard from "sources inside the organisation"

If there was a good source within the organization why would the reporter or whoever expose their source or place them in jeopardy?

Let's face it the football people were intensely debating the TT issue that included the contract issue. It was not a simple issue. The parties involved had various positions that involved qualifications. There wasn't the intrigue as many people were making it out to be. The leak issue is a an overblown issue that signifies little.

You and I were not in the room but both of us know what Whaley's position and general terms were. It didn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out what McCermott's position was. He wanted the best qb option for him with less concern about the cost that the GM would have.

The leak issue tells us little about the organization and how it is run. Rumors swirl around all teams at this time of year when so many personnel decisions are being made. Too much is being made of something so little.

Well, there aren't any HC's to throw under the bus for not making the playoffs with the premier roster built by the personnel group.

The likely sourcing of the leaks is the point. Agents are going to say things and involve sports media types to spread what they want about player contract size. Same principle goes for front office and coaching types. If they want to leak something to get their way or undermine someone they will.