No more fun and games for McDermott

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kill the messenger but rumor has it that McDermott is going to have spearing contests in the parking lot.

Isn't that part of the regular tailgate?

I'd ask who he would replace him with, but these are types of agenda driven comments that derail threads and sink the whole ship. Please do not respond.

Bills training faculty recently put in a endless pool. I saw today some work being done at the new practice field. According to googling search the Pegulas are investing $4.3 million in the new practice field. I'm wondering if it will be heated as other teams have had them awhile. I believe the Bills wanted to buy some property (different owner) next to the property they bought last year. It's surveyed out. But no deal. To bad for the owners of land locked, cliffed property.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

That's the point. You shouldn't be spending all your time in the break room while you're at work.

Must be nice to have a TV and couches at work though.

The amount of impact you guys are putting on activities in a locker room and how its correlating to team success makes me want to run my head thru a wall.

Will the absence of a pool table make Tyrod make better reads? Will it reduce the amount of missed tackles by our guys including vets like Kyle?

No. Better coaching on the damn field of play does these things for you. Let me reiterate, Belichick takes his guys out to the movies/bowling etc.

He treats his guys like adults/colleagues and they respond accordingly. Its not a damn day care. If locker room activities are hindering your production, you are in the wrong profession.

My problem with Rex was the laid back Cancun vacation training camp atmosphere. THAT'S where you can make your biggest impact or culture change. Not a freaking pool table.

Edited by Elite Poster

The amount of impact you guys are putting on activities in a locker room and how its correlating to team success makes me want to run my head thru a wall.

Will the absence of a pool table make Tyrod make better reads? Will it reduce the amount of missed tackles by our guys including vets like Kyle?

No. Better coaching on the damn field of play does these things for you. Let me reiterate, Belichick takes his guys out to the movies/bowling etc.

He treats his guys like adults/colleagues and they respond accordingly. Its not a damn day care. If locker room activities are hindering your production, you are in the wrong profession.

My problem with Rex was the laid back Cancun vacation training camp atmosphere. THAT'S where you can make your biggest impact or culture change. Not a freaking pool table.

Obvious your not privy to the shenanigans or work ethic that is going on in there. There is quite likely a rational adult decision behind this. Dont let it interupt your crusade though. Varry on.

Didn't Marrone remove the TV's from the weight room or something?

Now we know the real reason for Whaley & Marrone's shouting match in 2014: Marrone removed TVs from the weight room; Whaley countered with a game room.

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott has removed a pool table and video games from the locker room that were installed during a 2014 renovation.

Bills coach Sean McDermott aims to change the culture around the team. He has removed a pool table and video...

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0631263821020795781-4

Ping pong stays! (He was afraid of Richie)

this team doesn't deserve those, they need to be earned

I don't see what this does for anyone. Practices are not held in the locker-room. Make sure they aren't goofing off ON THE PRACTICE FIELD...

If you remove things to do from the locker room, it'll just make our guys not want to be in there or just head home earlier. Imagine if your break room at work (if you have one) removed the TV and couches. You would probably stop going there.

That's the problem, and you illustrated it perfectly. If people don't want to focus on football, they shouldn't be on the team. Work is work. Blow off steam elsewhere. This team hasn't been to the playoffs since forever, and you are complaining about a change meant to focus the players? That's insane.

Greggo never did anything more than grow a pair of manboobs.

:lol: Fighting the urge to put this in my sig