No more fun and games for McDermott

I just had to bite my tongue and suffer through Rex.

I was not so good at that. Couldn't stand the man before he arrived here, when he arrived here, when he left, or now he has his cushy tv job. Just the total opposite of how I believe you run sports teams. He is just not my kind of person at all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo the leadership and culture thing. This "work has to be fun and playful" mentality of the millennial generation is widely panned in established companies and seems to the the playground of start-ups, who often fail, I would suggest partly due to a lax policy of hard work and commitment. No office I've ever worked in had a lounge with a couch and a TV or videos games. Why football players have to act like children is beyond me. We applaud guys like Kyle Williams because of his motivation and professionalism and pan childish slobs like Dareus. Which of those two, I wonder, would cozy up to some video games instead of being in the film room?

A leader at the top means disciplines, program and organization focused staff. The psychology and intellect if football is underplayed by a lot of jockstraps who understand brawn only. Everyone here hates the Patriots but if you care to look into them, read about them, and understand them, they function not like a bunch of stupid jocks but a Fortune 500 Company. That's the commitment necessary.

Anyone who stands up for video games in the building, just wow.

The amount of impact you guys are putting on activities in a locker room and how its correlating to team success makes me want to run my head thru a wall.

Will the absence of a pool table make Tyrod make better reads? Will it reduce the amount of missed tackles by our guys including vets like Kyle?

No. Better coaching on the damn field of play does these things for you. Let me reiterate, Belichick takes his guys out to the movies/bowling etc.

He treats his guys like adults/colleagues and they respond accordingly. Its not a damn day care. If locker room activities are hindering your production, you are in the wrong profession.

My problem with Rex was the laid back Cancun vacation training camp atmosphere. THAT'S where you can make your biggest impact or culture change. Not a freaking pool table.

Let's say you've been struggling with a subject: Mathematics. If I were your teacher and diligently worked with you to bring your understanding to a level equal to your peers, do you think you'd benefit more from the instruction if you went home and studied the concepts? Or do you think you'd be a better student if you went home and played Madden? Let's say you left the lessons at school and went home to do whatever you want - If you continued to fail in the classroom, would it be your teacher's fault?