TYROD IS STAYING

What options did they have that would make you happy? What should they have done? I don't really expect an answer, haven't gotten one any time I ask anyone this question. But I continue to ask. Give me plan B. Or what you thought plan A should have been.

Plan B may still occur. Would anyone be shocked if they drafted a QB in the 1st or 2nd? I wouldn't.

The new deal is essentially a 2 year contract. We can still get out early.

In fact, if we want to draft a QB high, this ensures that we don't have to rush him onto the field.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I also am not a fan of Tyrod. The way Whaley worked this out was a good deal for us though. Cap wise and still only being on the hook for two years isn't a bad thing.

Plan B may still occur. Would anyone be shocked if they drafted a QB in the 1st or 2nd? I wouldn't.

In fact, if we want to draft a QB high, this ensures that we don't have to rush him onto the field.

Right. If that's the plan, it makes perfect sense. God, I hope it's the plan.

Right. If that's the plan, it makes perfect sense. God, I hope it's the plan.

There is no way we drafting a QB at 10 or in the first. McDermott is trying to get to 9 wins this year or next so he can get another job after his stint with the Bills is over.

What options did they have that would make you happy? What should they have done? I don't really expect an answer, haven't gotten one any time I ask anyone this question. But I continue to ask. Give me plan B. Or what you thought plan A should have been.

They had plenty of options that would've been much better than Taylor.

They could have pursed Romo, Cousins, Cutler....

You might not like those guys but they are all better quarterbacks than TT.

Ive been saying it all along. Keep Tyrod, and still draft qb early.

The good news is, since Whaley has taken over, most of our drafting has gone along the lines of what fans want as well. Meaning, we all see the best plan. Instead of the head scratchers like Maybin and Whitner and even Spiller/Troupe.

I'm really surprised TT didn't call OBDs bluff.

Why restructure less than a year into a new deal? He would have killed it on the open market if they released him.

I'm fine with him sticking around, but I think we'll still be open to drafting a QB early.

Maybe. There's no guarantee he would have gotten a better deal though. For a guy like him, it's always better to take the sure thing.

And none of them are guaranteed to be available, let alone to the bills. Cousins is 2 first round picks or more, Romo stays in Dallas or goes to Houston and Cutler is A LOT worse than Taylor.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Nothing else to "move on" to that is worth a damn. Watson will be a bust, Romo is Mr. Glass, Cutler sucks.

Yeah and Taylor throws for like 160 yards and 1TD a game...

He's not that good.

Edited by Nklaiste1

How do you know they didn't? Just because you wanted it it was suppose to happen no matter what the teams and players involved thought? It's not Madden. You can't make deals you like just like that.

Don't hide next year. 10 pantsings coming right up.

Don't threaten me with a good time! 😉

I think you would be a little happy about this. He's going to be the lowest paid starting QB in the league and it's only 2 years guaranteed. They can draft a QB if they want and bridge him.

I'm a TT guy yes. But I think this should please everyone. I'm not sold on guys in this draft and if we are 6-10, we will be in prime position to get a QB next year with a better class.

Maybe. There's no guarantee he would have gotten a better deal though. For a guy like him, it's always better to take the sure thing.

And none of them are guaranteed to be available, let alone to the bills. Cousins is 2 first round picks or more, Romo stays in Dallas or goes to Houston and Cutler is A LOT worse than Taylor.

Romo was available.

Just heard earlier the Cowboys are releasing him tomorrow unless they get a decent trade offer... Which means we could've just traded for him.

People love to hate on Cutler but he's really not that bad. He has a big time arm, puts up a lot of passing yards, and is still only 33. He would've been a solid upgrade.

For the people upset about this move, you do understand we can still draft a QB at 10 right? A lot of you didn't think Tyrod was worth his previous salary. Well, now that has changed. What's the problem now? You don't think he's good enough? Fine, I can understand that and may even agree with you. But, who was your better alternative? Give me a name so I can laugh at you please.

I would, because this says to me they think they're close, or want us to think they're close. So IMO they're going to be looking for impact guys in the first three rounds who can come in right away and start.

MCD needs CBx2, S, LBx2, OT and probably a WR to win enough now to keep his job. So I don't see the point of going QB high when there are gaps that need to be filled to field a team that looks like a contender.

My overall fear is that we do just enough to make the wildcard over the next three years, realize that's this team's (and Taylor's) ceiling, and have to begin a rebuild that should have happened this year... by which time Watkins and Dareus will have either moved on or been used up. Now granted that's pessimistic, ideally they actually draft well enough and Taylor improves over the next two years and they build a contender. I just don't think that's very likely.

There is no way we drafting a QB at 10 or in the first. McDermott is trying to get to 9 wins this year or next so he can get another job after his stint with the Bills is over.

Do you truly believe this is McDermott's reasoning? That he has no ego and doesn't think he can upcoach everyone of these guys he sees on film? You know, the way every first time head coach in the league believes? That this guy doesn't believe he's a terrific coach and can get in the playoffs this year?

You have lots of chatter that MIKE GLENNON will get $14+ million.

I don't think it's unreasonable to see Tyrod getting $16-20 million on the open market.

Do you truly believe this is McDermott's reasoning? That he has no ego and doesn't think he can upcoach everyone of these guys he sees on film? You know, the way every first time head coach in the league believes? That this guy doesn't believe he's a terrific coach and can get in the playoffs this year?

I could care less what he thinks. I want a real GM.

Playoffs? Where did we get better? Everyone that is so excited for this move and saying TT is not to blame for missing the playoffs quickly points at the defense. From where I sit it looks like 3 pro bowlers from that side of the ball are heading elsewhere.

So losing 3 of our better players, a first year HC, OC and DC's who will both be installing new systems and we are going to improve on 7-9? Don't forget we don't have a PK, P, and one of those defensive pro bowlers was also our best special teams player.

For the record I think the Pro Bowl is as watered down as it can be, but TT fan club always likes to refer to it so I returned the favor. Sure some signings are to yet to come but where anyone can sit today and say playoffs is where I want to be.

It's early so there will be more help in terms of free agents and draft picks.

1. I am of the opinion that the HC will be a big upgrade. Rex was undisciplined and sloppy in his overall approach. Alot of bluster and not enough results. McDermott has a good deal of respect around the league and has assembled an experienced staff. Our HC is going to be much more of a grinder and I don't see him taking off with his staff to go to World Series games during the middle of the season. We have seen HC changes can make a big impact on a team's record right away.

2. A healthy Sammy Watkins? We shall see what happens but having a healthy Watkins would make a huge impact on the offense. He and Taylor had a great connection in the second half of the 2015 season when Watkins was actually healthy. Let's cross our fingers.

3. Improved defense. Our defense was ranked 4th in 2014 but was below average the past 2 seasons. Too much confusion and miscommunication. It is not hard to envision the defense playing faster and appearing less disorganized. Even if the defense gets back to 10th, this will lead to wins.

4. Adding a reliable FG kicker. Carpenter has been a disappointment the past 2 years. Maybe this falls on Rex as he seemed to get into Carpenter's head right away and he never recovered. If the Bills can locate a reliable kicker with a bigger leg, that could end up giving us another 1-2 wins.

5. Getting contributions from last years top picks, Lawson and Ragland as injuries limited their impact to next to nothing.

Bills will lose Gilmore, Woods, Brown and probably Alexander. But Gilmore was a disappointment until the last 6 games of the year. Woods is a decent wr and he could be easily replaced in free agency. Whaley will need to find free agent help at LB and in secondary. He was able to bring in cheap veterans at LB last year and it is a position that lends itself to the potential of that happening again.