Should Steroids be legal ?

"I live in Mexico where steroids are legal. Guess what. Mexico doesn't have a steroid problem. In fact, the issue doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Anyone, including a 15 year-old soccer player, can walk into a pharmacy, go right up to the counter, ask for preloaded ready-jects of Sustanon 250 and Deca, pay his 500-some-odd pesos and walk out, just as if he'd purchased pink sugar cookies and a bottle of Gatorade. No problem.

And, oddly, the news reports in Mexico are barren of anyone dying from steroids. No teens are committing suicide. Sports are not rife with cheaters and allegations of malfeasance. Parent groups aren't up in arms demanding legislation. There's nobody testifying in front of congress blaming juiced professional athletes for their son's alleged steroid-induced suicide (more on that character in a minute)."

https://www.t-nation.com/opinion/should-steroids-be-legal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in favor of the conversation. People can't pretend they dont like what these ultra freak jacked up Super humans add to the sport.

Lawrence Taylor even makes an argument for the entertainment enhancement offered by other substances being allowable too...

There is a lotta money at stake.

On the other side, unnatural things are bad for you... like Soda and cheetos and synthetic growth hormone

I'm in favor of the conversation. People can't pretend they dont like what these ultra freak jacked up Super humans add to the sport.

Lawrence Taylor even makes an argument for the entertainment enhancement offered by other substances being allowable too...

There is a lotta money at stake.

On the other side, unnatural things are bad for you... like Soda and cheetos and synthetic growth hormone

soda and Cheetos are bad but SGH wont hurt you, however excessive insulin will.

Excellent topic, BB. My short answer; Yes.

The good press about ever-expanding health science and medications lack an interested following vs headline grabbing horrors. Every day, new discoveries occur from stem cell to pharmaceuticals. We as fans pay for this level of entertainment which in turn makes these athletes wealthy and willing to subject themselves to the physical damage which incurs. Much like pro wrestling, it makes the spectator aspect even more appealing. If they use good judgment and educate themselves on possible associated risks, then bring it on. Our diet today is trash, yet we're living much longer than ever before.

I wonder why.. :blink:

Excellent topic, BB. My short answer; Yes.

The good press about ever-expanding health science and medications lack an interested following vs headline grabbing horrors. Every day, new discoveries occur from stem cell to pharmaceuticals. We as fans pay for this level of entertainment which in turn makes these athletes wealthy and willing to subject themselves to the physical damage which incurs. Much like pro wrestling, it makes the spectator aspect even more appealing. If they use good judgment and educate themselves on possible associated risks, then bring it on. Our diet today is trash, yet we're living much longer than ever before.

I wonder why.. :blink:

This post had so much ridiculous in it I just need to interject. Did you really compare steroid use to stem cell research??? Oh. My. Goodness.

Also, life expectancy is longer, NOT because we are healthier, but because we are better at treating infectious disease. Less people are dying from the flu (but those vaccines definitely are harmful, right?) and tuberculosis but more people are dying from heart disease, aka, diet suicide.

For perspective, the US in all its greatness is 17th in life expectancy for women and 18th for men in the world. We are a mess, health wise, but are #1 in resources. In the meantime we are blowing up healthcare hahaha.

Edited by Elite Poster

"I live in Mexico where steroids are legal. Guess what. Mexico doesn't have a steroid problem. In fact, the issue doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Anyone, including a 15 year-old soccer player, can walk into a pharmacy, go right up to the counter, ask for preloaded ready-jects of Sustanon 250 and Deca, pay his 500-some-odd pesos and walk out, just as if he'd purchased pink sugar cookies and a bottle of Gatorade. No problem.

And, oddly, the news reports in Mexico are barren of anyone dying from steroids. No teens are committing suicide. Sports are not rife with cheaters and allegations of malfeasance. Parent groups aren't up in arms demanding legislation. There's nobody testifying in front of congress blaming juiced professional athletes for their son's alleged steroid-induced suicide (more on that character in a minute)."

https://www.t-nation.com/opinion/should-steroids-be-legal

The reason they are illegal is because you have idiots who abuse them and end up having serious issues...well no kidding...the same way a guy who abuses alcohol ends up having issues or the same way a person who swallows a whole bottle of prescription pills or even aspirin for that matter has issues.

Is there some risk involved, yes there is, but if done properly under the watch of a doctor with the proper supports, responsible steroid use is pretty safe. Much safer than at least half of prescription drugs people pop like tic tacs without thinking twice. With the number of men and now even teenagers suffering from low testosterone levels due to the environmental onslaught of the male endocrine system with xenoestrogens from pesticides, plastics and these dumbasses who use any form of incremented soy product/poison, males have had declining testosterone levels since the 1950s...it's the silent epidemic nobody wants to talk about.

In fact, virtually every Federal Agency was against banning steroids citing lack of evidence for serious harm except for the FDA.

There was a big piece done on 60 minutes about this a while back bringing up this whole issue with numerous doctors and scientists saying steroids pose little health risk...and that "roid rage" you hear about? Other than Tren or perhaps Anadrol, the only time this happens is again with idiots who don't control their Estrogen levels with the use of aromatase inhibitors...

Edited by matter2003

They are legal.

They don't need to be available to the masses without restriction. The masses are retarded.

This sets precedence for kids getting them. Roids at anything before 20 is dangerous.

There are better options at younger ages than anabolics

Even at older ages anabolics are not ideal in most situations

Most do not know how to properly consume anabolics as well and end up wasting a good % of its ability

Wtf is going on in this thread. Steroids are legal. You need a damn prescription for them. Shut this garbage down someone.

Anyone.

this.

I chalk this kind of mentality up with the pussification of uhmerika. Quite sad.

Edited by Boyst62

I find myself on the fence on this topic. On one hand, they're adults, they can weigh the risks and make their own decisions. On the other hand, very often the need to start considering chemical enhancement begins pretty young, in college or before. So you have kids getting into it.

It's a pretty sticky wicket.

Baseball was WAY better when everyone was on steroids.

To the masses and casual fans who just wanted to watch Sammy and Mark hit dingers in the summer of 1998, yes.

I would argue a significant percentage of hardcore baseball fans (I count myself among those) love the game either way and don't care about explosive offense. In fact I love good defense and low-scoring games, in general, no matter the sport.