official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

Meh...I been here since the beginning anyway and rarely went there. Honestly, they made a big mistake. Not everyone uses all the social media. I'm not going to be able to get any analysis from social media...certainly not like a message board. And thats what I come here for. If I want to see a cool pic, I'll go to IG. Very shortsighted by the Bills.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bills Chick. May I ask, by higher ups do you mean team employees?

I agree. It's a pretty big deal to me too.

And it doesn't seem like just a daily business decision. It seems like a power play, smack down to me, by how they did this. It feels personal towards the board population. Very odd.

Pretty much to me it seems like the board sentiment swung from pro Doug Whaley for years, to not so pro Doug Whaley lately, and then it was gone.

Oh and hello everybody I just need to know where the bathrooms are and then I will be of no further trouble.

Interesting.

I wonder if it was Whaley who wants the board shut down.

zlt3d2.png

Anybody wondering how bad the mods were over there, heres a screenshot a took a few months ago...

Who was telling the mods what to do?

Was it a higher up from within the organization?

No way they could have warned people. Would have been a free-for-all!

Would have been an amazing meltdown though!

Here's the thing, if they can't handle a message board meltdown, how are they going to handle a football team?

It's just a message board. I could handle a meltdown on that by myself.

But what we have is an NFL management team, who can't handle a rowdy message board. That scares me.

That board was an important place for hundreds of the thousands of people who used it for around 15 years. It was rude and mean spirited and disrespectful to just shut it down like they did. Cowardly even. If they had been rasied rtight they would have known you give people a chance to connect and reminisce and say goodbye. And yes you have to handle some posters who would have been melting down. Big deal.

The Buffalo Bills humiliate and debase themselves and they don't even realize it. Afraid of message board posters going off, that is just pathetic.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

Here's the thing, if they can't handle a message board meltdown, how are they going to handle a football team?

But what we have is an NFL management team, who can't handle a rowdy message board. That scares me.

That board was an important place for hundreds of the thousands of people who used it for around 15 years. It was rude and mean spirited and disrespectful to just shut it down like they did. Cowardly even. If they had been rasied rtight they would have known you give people a chance to connect and reminisce and say goodbye. And yes you have to handle some posters who would have been melting down. Big deal.

The Buffalo Bills humiliate and debase themselves and they don't even realize it. Afraid of message board posters going off, that is just pathetic.

Eh, at least its over...

It's a shame BLM. For as many people that will wander over, many will not. I've met board members while traveling to away games. I know others had friendships form.

It's getting harder every year to be a fan when you have so much contempt for the people running the franchise.

I agree. Cowardly. Not a smart move on their part. The official message board of the team?

I'll say this though, board was a shell of itself for a few years. Lost its edge. Yeah, a few posters may have been a bit over the top, but it was good conversation. Once they went on a ban-a-rama, lost good posters and others were afraid of being pointed.

Anyways, been here for years. Good place!

It's a shame BLM. For as many people that will wander over, many will not. I've met board members while traveling to away games. I know others had friendships form.

It's getting harder every year to be a fan when you have so much contempt for the people running the franchise.

Agreed man.

All they did was delete a message board.

You're one of about 10 on the BBMB that I enjoyed reading their posts. Welcome.

You're one of about 10 on the BBMB that I enjoyed reading their posts. Welcome.

wasn't that many was there, especially the last few years. those few respected posters still left there kept a slight manner of respect going but for the most part, it was a hell hole full of arrogance.

I agree rather juvenillish.

Yeah this really screwed us in the sim league. We had all our data on there. Rules/draft order/etc.

Luckily 99% of us are in a slack forum and we have some info in google docs and are able to pull much of it off cached pages (which is very time consuming).

I don't know if the powers that be who pulled the plug are clueless or if they just dont care but this really hurts a lot of fans. Shutting down the forums is one thing but to just do it with no warning is a whole nother. Inept on and off the field.

Boy, finding out that they ended the BBMB really pissed me off. I feel much better finding everyone drifting over to here.

Kind of like ship wreck survivors...

Damn, now I'll have to find an avitar...

We already have an Ohio bills fan. Its YoloInOhio, and there isnt room for more.

Uh oh... Can we battle for it? Maybe gladiator style? Or thunderdome if you're more of a fan of that?

Edited by OhioBills