official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf, the Code of Conduct was VERY restrictive. one of the rules was no "personal" criticism of Bills staff, players, or FO. that was eventually expanded by the higher-ups to be interpreted as no criticism whatsoever.

but think whatever you want, i don't care

Hi Bills Chick. May I ask, by higher ups do you mean team employees?

WTF I'm just hearing about this.

Unbelievable.

Why did it get shut down??

Can't believe there's not more outrage over this.

To have the official team message board shutdown without warning is a pretty freaking big deal IMO.

I agree. It's a pretty big deal to me too.

And it doesn't seem like just a daily business decision. It seems like a power play, smack down to me, by how they did this. It feels personal towards the board population. Very odd.

Pretty much to me it seems like the board sentiment swung from pro Doug Whaley for years, to not so pro Doug Whaley lately, and then it was gone.

Oh and hello everybody I just need to know where the bathrooms are and then I will be of no further trouble.

I'm sorry, Bills messageboards don't work like that - you have to be either fervently FOR Tyrod or adamantly AGAINST him. There is none of this hippy-ass "whatever is best for the Bills" around here...

And I'll let you decide where David S Pumpkins that you're responding to, stands.

I'm not a huge TT fan at all but also don't think any of the draft eligibles are ready to start, not do the FA QBs excite me either

Not part of the budget for the Bills under this regime, certainly their call to make, a bitter disappointment though...

Even ESPN gave up ample warning before shutting down the message boards a few years ago.

Do you have information about that? It was budgetary?

Message boards are for old people.

Millennials need more pictures to maintain a conversation.

(i.e. This Guy Gets It)

N/M the 100! emoji doesn't show up here. Old man's board. :D:beer:

Edited by Heitz

Hi Bills Chick. May I ask, by higher ups do you mean team employees?

I left when the MODS decided that debating a topic was harassment; when WYO announced that any topic (not bills-related) that leads to ANY disagreement was banned, dooming the "Anything but..." subforum to talk only about sandwiches.

I knew it wouldn't stop there... and it didn't. Censorship knows no bounds.

You aren't getting my nudes that easy buster.

I'm putting it out there that I am open to trades...

I left when the MODS decided that debating a topic was harassment; when WYO announced that any topic (not bills-related) that leads to ANY disagreement was banned, dooming the "Anything but..." subforum to talk only about sandwiches.

Counterpoint: I'd rather read a discussion about turkey reubens than any QB thread of the past ten years.

!@#$.

The quality of this board is about to go way down.

You plan on posting more?

Yeah I made it over on a floating piece of deck plank. The water seems nice over here...

...seems... :pirate:

For a buck, gugny will draw you like one of his French girls...

Do you have information about that? It was budgetary?

No insider info, maybe it was to save $$$

The Maple Leafs pulled the plug on their message board the day they decided to tank the season, while in a playoff spot, a few January's ago, still hasn't returned...

yessir.

actually, there was a very active sim league there. i'm sure the sim league people would have loved a heads up so they could keep the league going elsewhere. additionally, an email to all users telling them that the boards were getting shut down would have been classy. instead of just SURPRISE nothing exists!

No way they could have warned people. Would have been a free-for-all!

Would have been an amazing meltdown though!