My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, DW and the personnel department send out daily emails to all 53 players updating them on what they're considering.

I'm sorry, major, but this sounds like bunk. Shady and Watkins both on the trading block - our only two offensive weapons? And you heard this from a player? Because players know what DW is thinking ("considering")?

None of this makes any sense.

i knew it was just a matter of time til watkins is gone started. I think that about covers all our good players so far this offseason

Can someone explain to me the psychology behind posting fake information? It seems to be a "thing" going on in society these days - people seem to delight over lying to large groups of people for no real reason. As a casual student of human behavior, I'm wondering why folks get off on doing that type of thing - where's the thrill in it? Is it just the fleeting sensation of power over a bunch of strangers, watching them react to something false that you created? It strikes me as sick, but the sickness appears to be contagious in our time...

From what I have seen of the OP's posts he's been a very thoughtful and astute poster.

For all the talk about "fake news"......we actually see less "fake source" stuff here than we used to.

The reality is that we don't know.........and it would make sense from an immediate cap saving perspective + scheme misfit + timing/incentive for McCoy getting another dip at guaranteed $ in FA before he wraps it up in the next couple years.

Yea reminds me of the initial posts of Lawson needing Surgery.

How was this a secret? He played the National Title game that year and said he needed shoulder surgery post season. Then it magically healed for the draft and then.....uh oh he re-injured it signing his contract.

not happening....

#1 - whaley would have to admit he made a mistake resigning him to a lucrative contract.....not happening

#2- shady cap hit $8.875 mil. DEAD MONEY if cut $7.875 mil.......not happening

relax.....

I know people like to just chime in without reading the thread.........but the Bills can save money on this years cap by letting him go now and designating him a June 1 cut.

Yes......dead money sucks........but guarantees are going to count against the cap sooner or later.

The question is whether the ability to temporarily create salary cap room PLUS not having to pay his $6M base salary is worth letting him go.

IMO........the horse is already out of the barn on the guarantees........so is he worth the $6M base salary this year?

I'd say yes........but it's not an absolute........RB production is easily replaced and if Dennison isn't going to adapt his system a bit for Shady he may find the same issues that McCoy had in 2013-2014.

For much of the league the run game is used to physically punish undersized defenses..........so 4.3-4.4 ypc from a scatback is not production that warrants good pay.

From what I have seen of the OP's posts he's been a very thoughtful and astute poster.

For all the talk about "fake news"......we actually see less "fake source" stuff here than we used to.

The reality is that we don't know.........and it would make sense from an immediate cap saving perspective + scheme misfit + timing/incentive for McCoy getting another dip at guaranteed $ in FA before he wraps it up in the next couple years.

Respectfully disagree. This board used to have one or two very reliable posters with inside sources (I forget their handles at the moment) whose predictions were always on point (especially around draft time). They've left and I can't say I blame them.

It's fine to relay clickbait or speculate. But it should be indicated as such, not as "inside info" from "my sources." Funny this thread popped up right after the first clickbait take on McCoy's instagram post popped up from some no name on twitter, huh?

How was this a secret? He played the National Title game that year and said he needed shoulder surgery post season. Then it magically healed for the draft and then.....uh oh he re-injured it signing his contract.

The issue in the title game was a knee injury.

The shoulder talk kinda' came up at the combine and was downplayed........ and then the severity of it became an issue when some talk show guys in Alabama were yapping about how his shoulder was really bad and NEEDED surgery.

Edited by #BADOL

Respectfully disagree. This board used to have one or two very reliable posters with inside sources (I forget their handles at the moment) whose predictions were always on point (especially around draft time). They've left and I can't say I blame them.

It's fine to relay clickbait or speculate. But it should be indicated as such, not as "inside info" from "my sources." Funny this thread popped up right after the first clickbait take on McCoy's instagram post popped up from some no name on twitter, huh?

Yeah if it was some clown who is always wrong....... like Ryan L pimping for CJ, EJ, SJ......anyone ending in J apparently.......for instance....... it would be very sketchy. :flirt:

jmc has been a solid poster.

As for it coming out of the blue.........no the subject popped up a couple of weeks ago.

The usual linksters who start a thread for EVERY reported bowel movement in Orchard Park......yoyo and 26BF........chose not to address it......which runs contrary to their typically unedited approach to linking such stories.

So basically, you trusted them and they violated you guys. :flirt:

Edited by #BADOL

Yeah if it was some clown who is always wrong....... like Ryan L pimping for CJ, EJ, SJ......anyone ending in J apparently.......for instance....... it would be very sketchy. :flirt:

As for it coming out of the blue.........no the subject popped up a couple of weeks ago.

The usual linksters who start a thread for EVERY reported bowel movement in Orchard Park......yoyo and 26BF........chose not to address it......which runs contrary to their typically unedited approach to linking such stories.

Whether or not a version of this particular rumor surfaced a couple weeks ago as you say, I don't know. This thread didn't surface weeks ago though. It appeared exactly when I said it did, shortly after McCoy's instagram post was misinterpreted badly and taken out of context. So you basically refuted nothing I said, and took the opportunity to take some more cheap shots at posters you disagree with. Not a good look chief.

This is about the time we start getting asinine off-season posts like this. Some guy claiming "sources" that he obviously doesn't have. Boyst pointed it out the best, he saw the McCoy "Tweetgate" and offer his imagination to the rest of the board.

Pre or post june 1....There would still be a 7.8M dead cap hit, when his salary is only 1M more. The only thing that could be managed is how much dead cap is accounted for this year, and next. NOT happening.

No one cuts their best player, for no reason whatsoever, with no benefit, and no compensation (in fact, they'd be stuck with his cap hit anyway).

I do appreciate this for the entertainment factor though. Maybe next we'll hear about Jordan Palmer and his amazing footwork.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Whether or not a version of this particular rumor surfaced a couple weeks ago as you say, I don't know. This thread didn't surface weeks ago though. It appeared exactly when I said it did, shortly after McCoy's instagram post was misinterpreted badly and taken out of context. So you basically refuted nothing I said, and took the opportunity to take some more cheap shots at posters you disagree with. Not a good look chief.

Its in Badol's TBD contract to post up in all threads that paint the Bills as bafoons. Its why he posts so much.

You could be right. I guess my rule is that if someone starts a thread like this, they had better stick around to defend their OP, especially when it gets so blatantly and widely discredited. When they don't do that, I think it's fair to infer that they're a troll...

As for the theory itself - yes it makes more than a shred of sense. But it would also be quite depressing. If you're going to rebuild, and you're going to do it by jettisoning the two most productive players on your offense (which is your most productive unit), then logic would dictate not allowing the GM who caused the rebuild to be the architect of it. If they're getting rid of Tyrod and Shady, then Whaley should be following them out the door. Although keeping Whaley and getting rid of the team's core strength would also be the most Bills-y thing imaginable...

That is what I thought. You didn't know. Because you get your info here.......from linksters. The story was on TBD.......just not linked on TSW......for ahem, some reason. :flirt:

Keep one thing in mind.......this site is a form of entertainment.........try not to be too thin skinned.......I've been here 20 years and could not care less about my "look" to you relative newbs. :rolleyes: