My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, I'd be fine with this. The guy is an idiot. But plays with heart. If he is upset with the guy that is the only reason he is a Bill and upset because Ryan is gone than we don't need someone who isn't committed to this team. Of course, this is all rumor from you. But, I have never been a fan of McCoy. There has been one top level RB in 6-7 yrs that was available and the was Zeke Elliot. Rest are dime a dozen. His cut on a dime doesn't mean a thing. A FA in a run friendly environment can equal McCoys stats.

Just stupid to cut him for nothing after Whaley gave away a young cheap talent and more importantly signed him unnecessarily to an extension

Whaley gave the eagles crap( Busted up Kiko ) he was a genius in that trade. Why cut a playmaker when you can cut both Kyle Williams and Eric woods saving us close to 14 mill in cap space

Whaley gave the eagles crap( Busted up Kiko ) he was a genius in that trade. Why cut a playmaker when you can cut both Kyle Williams and Eric woods saving us close to 14 mill in cap space

I realize we all like to play capologists

You do realize that having all the cap room in the world means nothing if you cant find players of equal talent to replace who you are cutting?

You are talking about two still very good veteran players (who are also locker room leaders) so why cut them for cap space?

Ryan Groy played pretty well last year.....would it suck to actually have depth at the position?

NOBODY played interior D line as well as the meatball last year.......why would we cut him?

He is good....McCoy is special

Yet we STILL only managed a sub .500 season. Which has been my point all along. How much value is a special running back really worth.

We arent cutting McCoy, hes fun to watch,hes good, he should be and will be a Bill in 2017, but people acting like he will lead us out of the dark ages to the promised land, are just... Confused.

Yet we STILL only managed a sub .500 season. Which has been my point all along. How much value is a special running back really worth.

We arent cutting McCoy, hes fun to watch,hes good, he should be and will be a Bill in 2017, but people acting like he will lead us out of the dark ages to the promised land, are just... Confused.

No one seems confused except you. No one here is claiming McCoy is single-handedly going to lead this team anywhere. He is only one guy after all. Just happens to be the best offensive player on the team though, and a proven elite talent. Releasing him makes a mediocre team worse, that's really all I (and others above) are saying.

You might want to take up that 500 season with RR and his supposed master D mind

The O and in particular Shady did THEIR job with the best running game in the NFL.......

Our offense scored a lot of points. Shady served his purpose. Unfortunately, our D gave up a lot of points and Shady doesn't play D.

One special player doesn't get you to the playoffs. You need several. Right now we have too few and losing one more only takes us further from ending the drought.

This is what someone I know in the organization said too. They are a player - that's all I'll say. They are considering trading Watkins too. There is an internal struggle going on: total rebuild or making one last run with these players.

No decision has been made yet though. But trading Watkins and shady is on the table according to one of our players.

This is what someone I know in the organization said too. They are a player - that's all I'll say. They are considering trading Watkins too. There is an internal struggle going on: total rebuild or making one last run with these players.

No decision has been made yet though. But trading Watkins and shady is on the table according to one of our players.

If true, Whaley should be shuffled out the door immediately after McCoy and Watkins. I've zero confidence in Doug conducting a complete tear down and rebuild.

They do NOT need to take the nasty cap hit of releasing Shady to keep those two players

There are players on the team that can be extended to make that work

The cap situation is a 1 year temp thing....the following year we will have EIGHTY MILLION in cap space

If though people hate the bills capologists....even they can find a way to make that work

There is no reason to gut the offensive strengths of the team

And you honestly think that ownership is gonna be committed to a rookie HC if this team falls apart....what in its history would make you think that....does not compute

John, it's not a one-year thing. Or rather, there's a very good chance it won't be.

Don't know where you're getting the $80 mill figure. Are you looking at 2019, because we do indeed have $81 mill available that year, and so far in advance, that's the 28th highest figure, one of the worst in the league. Two years in advance $80 mill is bad, not good. Spotrac has us at $106.2 mill in contracts for 2018, which leaves somewhere around $61 mill. And the reason we're so far below the cap there is more because we have so very very few people under contract yet than that the people are cheap. We only have 25 people under contract for that season, and that includes Listenbee, Charles Gaines, Reid Ferguson, Cedric O'Neal, Joe Powell, Max Valles, Josh Woodrum, many or most of whom won't probably make it to this year much less next year.

Bills 25 (guys under contract for 2018)

Pats and Cards 28

Falcons 30

Niners 31

Lions 32

Vikings and Dolphins 33

Skins 34

Everyone else has 35 or more. So of course it looks like we don't yet have much money committed. But we will.

Look at the rankings. We're 16th in cap space next year. But not a single team above us in the rankings has fewer guys signed for that year. (And in fact, not a single team below us either. We're 32nd in the league in guys signed for the 2018 season. That's a huge reason why we have some cap space available as yet.) Only two teams above us have less than 30 signed. We still have a long way to go before we can even begin to put a team on the field.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

All the FO has to do is re-negotiate a few contracts to move charges from this year down the road, cut a guy or two with big dead money charges and bring in a few FAs with nice bonus structures arranged to delay the immediate impact of the contracts and we'll be back in cap trouble. That's the nature of cap trouble. If you have a GM who gets you in cap trouble, the next year doesn't look too bad ... until your GM gets finished bailing himself out of this year's cap trouble, and voila, now next year looks terrible.

And so far, that's the kind of GM Whaley has been. At the start of his watch we had no cap trouble. But we've been consistently moving that way.

So yeah, we could be in good shape in 2018 and 2019, but basically only if we start doing things like cutting McCoy, Tyrod, Kyle Williams, not signing Gilmore or Zach Brown or Lorenzo Alexander and/or other moves specifically aimed at getting us in good cap shape.

Edited by Thurman#1