Bills look more likely to keep TT - working on restructure

YoloinOhio

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills won the same amount of games the first year with EJ than they did the previous year with Fitz. They scored 5 less points.

I'm for keeping Gilmore and most of our FAs. I don't see there being a huge drop off between Taylor and a young qb. And if there is, good. Much better to go 2-14 than 7-9 again.

If you are only after 1 year of mediocrity, then that's fine. I'm looking at the long term picture, where EJ flames out and never gets his game back (or really ever gets his game going).

Winning "the same amount" isnt what we are after. We are looking for a major improvement, and a long term solution at the QB position. IMO, that will be achieved by properly developing a rookie behind a vet starter.

we could start a rookie QB and have a better shot at the top pick, is that what you want?

How about we improve the defense/ST and try to make the playoffs?

I don't want to lose and get a top pick. I also don't want to pay Taylor to go 5-11.

Starting Trubisky or Watson would be ideal.

There hasn't been much news since December outside of coaching hires. Does this prove that Rex not only had a big mouth with the press, but also behind the scenes leaking things out of OBD?

Leaks have always been an issue with the Ryan camp since his days with the Jets. He thought he got rid of his worst one when he let Pettine walk, but it looks like there were others since he brought "his guys" and also brought "his leaks".

Isn't this what Rapaport had reported back in January? Not really anything new from him, seems to just keep suggesting the same thing...

I think he's come down on every side of it.

Which may be fair. Maybe the Bills are changing their minds. Or maybe he's hearing new things from Tyrod's agent about willingness to re-negotiate. Hard to know.

Unless he said

I think that a restructure is probably moving money into the 1st 2 years of the deal. I am actually changing my tune a little on what I think that I thought. Here is what I am thinking it will look like 4 years $80M (this number is totally meaningless), $32M guaranteed with $28M guaranteed in the 1st 2 years. It will be a sliding scale too. Something like this: $8M signing bonus ($2M cap hit in each of the 4 years), $10M salary year one (fully guaranteed), $8M roster bonus in year one and $6M of his year 2 salary guaranteed.

Hunh?

Right now he's guaranteed $30.5 mill in the first one year and $40.5 mill in the first two years. And you're saying that the numbers you have there are moving money into the 1st two years of the deal?

That's moving money out of the first two years, isn't it? If I understand you correctly, anyway.

Edited by Thurman#1

I could start at QB and we're not getting #1 overall. The browns are drafting garret this year, and will be the worst team in the league.

It was like arizona trying to tank with buffalo... Buffalo was fully committed. Goalie makes 30 saves? He's on a plane headed to dallas the next day.

We're not catching the browns for this pick.

Yeah, that's why I said "looks like" they're restructuring his deal. Why else would he be meeting with the Bills front office "for a few days now"?

I mean why would he agree to this?? He already gave them a very team friendly deal to begin with, he is being paid 21st or 22nd QB money in this league, which he is surely better than(even the most ardent Tyrod hater wouldn't dispute he is better than at least 10 other starters in the league), and now the team wants to come back and be like "Welllllll.....we know you took a team friendly deal but now we want to redo it again..."? Seriously? What is his incentive to do so? He would likely get more than that on the open market with teams having tons of cap room this year and enough QB needy teams out there...

If you don't like him enough to pay him 21st or 22nd QB money in the NFL then you shouldn't even have him period. This seems like a ploy the Bills are trying to pull so when he laughs at their restructure offer the Bills can say "We tried to restructure but he wouldn't do it", even though they knew he wouldn't take it, but it just looks good to the media and for PR purposes so they can say they "tried" even though they knew by doing this he would reject it....

Edited by matter2003

He's not going to win a SB for us. Cut him

can we actually make the playoffs before making this evaluation?

it takes a team to win the superbowl

I mean why would he agree to this?? He already gave them a very team friendly deal to begin with, he is being paid 21st or 22nd QB money in this league, which he is surely better than(even the most ardent Tyrod hater wouldn't dispute he is better than at least 10 other starters in the league), and now the team wants to come back and be like "Welllllll.....we know you took a team friendly deal but now we want to redo it again..."? Seriously? What is his incentive to do so? He would likely get more than that on the open market with teams having tons of cap room this year and enough QB needy teams out there...

If you don't like him enough to pay him 21st or 22nd QB money in the NFL then you shouldn't even have him period. This seems like a ploy the Bills are trying to pull so when he laughs at their restructure offer the Bills can say "We tried to restructure but he wouldn't do it", even though they knew he wouldn't take it, but it just looks good to the media and for PR purposes so they can say they "tried" even though they knew by doing this he would reject it....

maybe......

Lol.

Didn't he say two weeks ago they will probably move on?

I think it's called hedging your bets.

No matter what happens now, he can claim he was right.

He's not going to win a SB for us. Cut him

If we cut every player who's not SB quality, we'll having trouble lining 11 up.

Edited by hondo in seattle

If the Bills try and restructure Tyrod to me it must mean that they see some not insignificant upside to his passing game, in other words that his evident difficulties and lack of development as a passer are partly attributable to scheme, offensive philosophy, playcalling, lack of quality/availability of WRs ....If what we've seen so far over two years is really all you can expect signing him makes no sense to me unless he is truly only competing for a starting job and facing the possibility that he might serve as a backup if another QB outperforms him. Does anyone really see the Tyrod of 2016 running a WC offence, if thats the direction we go in? Not me.

If he takes a pay cut then ok, he can be the bridge/backup. I'd still prefer Romo or Foles instead so we'd have a chance to have a good passing game in addition to a good running game...but bringing back Taylor and further wasting Sammy Watkins in a gimmicky non-passing offense actually becomes a viable play if TT takes a paycut and prices himself into it.

Of course a QB must be drafted high if they do this