Romo to KC rumor could make Bills landing spot for A. Smith

YoloinOhio

I don't personally care. We are getting the Tyrod of today or the Alex Smith of today.

What happened in 2006 with Alex Smith doesn't really indicate what will happen in 2017. Alex Smith's last 4 years, he's posted a 41-20 record as a starter. TT has posted 14-14 in the last 2.

I'll take the guy who wins twice as much as he loses. Better for business, IMO.

Take me to church

I want Tyrod to win a Super Bowl somewhere else just to prove doubters wrong

Lololololol. Let's start with beating a .500 team first chief.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always said Smith can't win in the playoffs but maybe just maybe.....no never mind, he can't.

:lol::lol:

Whaleys gonna end up drafting Watson if he is there at 10. Count on it.

It's close, but I'd take Tyrod over Smith.

Same.

He definitely throws the ball all over the intermediate part of the field. People would then be screaming about us not taking enough shots at deep throws to Watkins. It's a lose, lose situation.

thats right.

I love how you skipped bolding the last line as it pertained to exactly what you are complaining about.

The reason I posted those old stats is people love to say that TT is a finished product after 6 years in the league. Smith disproves that notion as he got a lot better that late in his career and he had the benefit of a bunch of starts before it clicked and excellent QB coaching. Do you think TT got excellent QB coaching these last 2 years? Do you think Rex is on par with a Harbaugh or Reid?

Good $hit here.

I know. But I don't think the benefit is enough to give up a 3rd this year and we don't have a 4th.

If they trade for Romo, they'd want/need picks sooner rather than later to think short term. Trading Smith away post-Romo is the most beneficial with a 2017 pick, IMO. Not the first time Whaley wheeling and dealing picks has hurt us more than it's helped. This is Harvin instead of Marshall all over again.

Good **** here.

2 QB's have been listed in the last 33 years who got better after 6 years of suck. May as well plan on our next 6th round pick QB being Brady, or finding the next Kurt Warner.

Edited by FireChan

You make the cardinal mistake of not realizing that statistically they are about the same. No one is saying Smith is a better QB than Brees because he wins more when Brees throws for a billion TD's.

I mean, you're blaming Rex Ryan for the poor coaching of Tyrod. Throwing stones in glass houses and all that.

Smith won more with Roman coaching. Period. He had almost triple the comebacks and game winning drives as TT, which correlates 100% to wins. TT sucks at the 2min drill and winning games when down. That's the clear difference between the QB's. One wins games. The other does not.

Rail against that fate all you like.

I actually agree that they are roughly the same. Hence why I think attributing records to them is kinda silly.

If they are about the same, and cost about the same, then I'm going to take the younger guy with more upside.

I actually agree that they are roughly the same. Hence why I think attributing records to them is kinda silly.

If they are about the same, and cost about the same, then I'm going to take the younger guy with more upside.

Yeah, maybe the whole winning/losing thing has something to do with the other 52 guys? Rex and the defense obviously cost us games last year. W/L goes out the window. We scored points.

I don't understand why we would dump Tyrod for any possible available QB. Alex Smith gets amazing support from his defense every year. Give Tyrod that same support and he will consistently win 10 games or more. He offers more than Alex Smith.

Might be as simple as Dennison thinking he's a better fit for his particular offense.

Re: Alex Smith's "losses" in the playoffs: one in OT in the NFC championship game to NYG when a punted ball glanced off the shin of the sf punt returner, one to Indy after he did his job but the KC defense got shredded (plus one of his rbs dropped a sure 45 td pass late that would have sealed the game), one in NE against a SB-winning pats team (27-20), and one after a failed 2p conversion to Pitt (after a penalty that negated the tie).

Sounds more like bad luck to me, but the "qb wins and losses" crowd probably feels differently. Given how he has been snakebitten, he's a perfect Bill.

For those same folks, though, his qb "record" since 2011 is 60-25-1.

Edited by dave mcbride

So we've learned nothing of the Rex debacle in forcing a system on its players?

I don't think it's that simple when it comes to offensive schemes and coaches; different animal entirely, actually. Dennison coached TT for a year in Baltimore so who knows, maybe he thinks TT would be just fine for his scheme. I'm just saying that Smith may represent a better fit for what he wants to do given the WCO elements he incorporates. That's not an endorsement of Smith one way or the other; just an explanation for why there could be an interest.