Romo to KC rumor could make Bills landing spot for A. Smith

YoloinOhio

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Smith in 2016: 3636 yards, 20 tds, 8 ints

Tyrod Taylor in 2016: 3603 yards, 23 tds, 6 ints in what everyone says was a down year and reason to move on.

Tyrod is already as good as Alex Smith and maybe has potential to grow. Alex is who he is.

Smith also hurts the argument against Tyrod of who gets better after 6 years in the league. After 6 years Smith was almost out of the league. He got to start a lot over his first 6 years and only once passed for more than 3000 yards.

Smith has a worse career comp %, a high of 23 passing tds over 11 years and has only passed for more than 20 twice, a career QB Rating of 85.3 (TT is 92.3), and played a full season 3 times in 11 years.

You can't want to move on from Tyrod and simultaneously want Alex Smith. Smith got to play for Harbaugh and Andy Reid. Tyrod got to play for Rex.

Tyrod Taylor in 2016: 3603 yards, 23 tds, 6 ints in what everyone says was a down year and reason to move on.

Tyrod is already as good as Alex Smith and maybe has potential to grow. Alex is who he is.

Smith also hurts the argument against Tyrod of who gets better after 6 years in the league. After 6 years Smith was almost out of the league. He got to start a lot over his first 6 years and only once passed for more than 3000 yards.

Smith has a worse career comp %, a high of 23 passing tds over 11 years and has only passed for more than 20 twice, a career QB Rating of 85.3 (TT is 92.3), and played a full season 3 times in 11 years.

You can't want to move on from Tyrod and simultaneously want Alex Smith. Smith got to play for Harbaugh and Andy Reid. Tyrod got to play for Rex.

This pretty much sums it all up. If the Bills dump TT for A Smith, it will be an indication that they still don't get it.

Economics will have big say in this matter, as someone pointed out earlier in this thread. If you can get Smith without all the guaranteed money, it would be wise to get him.

lol. He played 16 games twice in his first 6 years. I swear, the spin zone is getting better than ever.

Edited by FireChan

With wins and playoffs.

KC scored 24.3 ppg while Buffalo scored 24.9. Seems close right? Here is where I use the Tyrod hater argument...

KC had 5 defensive tds to Buffalos 3. Already the Defense spotted them 14 points.

KC D had 33 takeaways most in the league, Buffalo had 18. KC Defense gave them 15 extra possessions.

Buffalo played a harder schedule (.520 win % vs. .496)

How about some common opponent fun:

Tyrod gets killed for the Oakland game, The Bills scored 24 in that game. KC played them twice and scored 26 and 21 points.

Chiefs played the Jets and held them to 3 points. The Bills gave up 37 and 30 respectively.

Chiefs scored 19 against the lowly Jags, the Bills 28.

The spin zone goes both ways.

Smith isn't an upgrade over Tyrod.

How many times did Tyrod play 16 games in his first 6 years in the league?

I don't personally care. We are getting the Tyrod of today or the Alex Smith of today.

What happened in 2006 with Alex Smith doesn't really indicate what will happen in 2017. Alex Smith's last 4 years, he's posted a 41-20 record as a starter. TT has posted 14-14 in the last 2.

I'll take the guy who wins twice as much as he loses. Better for business, IMO.

The spin zone goes both ways.

Smith isn't an upgrade over Tyrod.

He's not a downgrade either.

If there were economic/salary cap/other benefits to taking Smith over Tyrod, fine. Take him.

No one is going to get "excited" about it though.

Both Smith and Tyrod leave us firmly in the "have not" category with most of the league.

:cry:

KC scored 24.3 ppg while Buffalo scored 24.9. Seems close right? Here is where I use the Tyrod hater argument...

KC had 5 defensive tds to Buffalos 3. Already the Defense spotted them 14 points.

KC D had 33 takeaways most in the league, Buffalo had 18. KC Defense gave them 15 extra possessions.

Tyrod gets killed for the Oakland game, The Bills scored 24 in that game. KC played them twice and scored 26 and 21 points.

Chiefs played the Jets and held them to 3 points. The Bills gave up 37 and 30 respectively.

Can we have some W-L fun? Where's that at?

Edited by FireChan

lol. He played 16 games twice in his first 6 years. I swear, the spin zone is getting better than ever.

So he isn't durable then?

If you hate Tyrod then you would hate Smith as the QB of the Bills.

Here is some more for you:

It took until his 6th year in the league to complete more than 60% of his passes.

He averaged 179 yards passing per game over his first 6 years. Tyrod has averaged 209 over the last 2.

Over the last 2 years Smith has gained 245.8 yards combined per game. Tyrod 248.4.

It took until his 6th year in the league to complete more than 60% of his passes.

He averaged 179 yards passing per game over his first 6 years. Tyrod has averaged 209 over the last 2.

Over the last 2 years Smith has gained 245.8 yards combined per game. Tyrod 248.4.

No one cares what happened 10 years ago. No one cared that Peyton Manning threw a bunch of picks his first year. It's irrelevant.

Edited by FireChan

I don't personally care. We are getting the Tyrod of today or the Alex Smith of today.

What happened in 2006 with Alex Smith doesn't really indicate what will happen in 2017. Alex Smith's last 4 years, he's posted a 41-20 record as a starter. TT has posted 14-14 in the last 2.

I'll take the guy who wins twice as much as he loses. Better for business, IMO.

Can we have some W-L fun? Where's that at?

Is W-L a QB stat? Seriously you hurt your argument when you go there.

My previous post has some 2017 FACTS for you.

Tyrod has gone for 47 tds and 12 ints over the last 2 years. Smith has gone for 42 tds and 15 ints.

Do I really need to keep going with this?

No one cares what happened 10 years ago. No one cared that Peyton Manning threw a bunch of picks his first year. It's irrelevant.

I love how you skipped bolding the last line as it pertained to exactly what you are complaining about.

The reason I posted those old stats is people love to say that TT is a finished product after 6 years in the league. Smith disproves that notion as he got a lot better that late in his career and he had the benefit of a bunch of starts before it clicked and excellent QB coaching. Do you think TT got excellent QB coaching these last 2 years? Do you think Rex is on par with a Harbaugh or Reid?

Only two or three people hate TT. The majority of fans hate the money that wil be allotted to him if we pick up the option. I would hate to downgrade the position but I'm not excited to see TT playing QB for us next year.

If you can get a cheaper version of TT, you go for it.

Are you including Tyreke Hill's special teams touchdowns?

I love how you skipped bolding the last line as it pertained to exactly what you are complaining about.

The reason I posted those old stats is people love to say that TT is a finished product after 6 years in the league. Smith disproves that notion as he got a lot better that late in his career and he had the benefit of a bunch of starts before it clicked and excellent QB coaching. Do you think TT got excellent QB coaching these last 2 years? Do you think Rex is on par with a Harbaugh or Reid?

I honestly cannot think of a single QB in living memory who sucked for his first 6 years and then got decent, outside of Smith. I can't say his existence disproves anything, rather that he was 1 QB in a million who bucked the trend.

Rex isn't an offensive coach. Not sure you know what you're talking about there.

He may be a better fit for Dennison's offense and the WCO concepts he incorporates as he's been in that kind of system for a while, but say goodbye to the long ball. More potential for RAC though.

Edited by K-9

Only two or three people hate TT. The majority of fans hate the money that wil be allotted to him if we pick up the option. I would hate to downgrade the position but I'm not excited to see TT playing QB for us next year.

If you can get a cheaper version of TT, you go for it.

I think Smith is a worse version of Taylor. Sure he might be cheaper but if he hits the market I have to imagine he will command money close to what Tyrod is getting. Don't forget the Jets just paid Fitzpatrick 12 million last year.

I think TT will keep growing. Smith is a great example of players growing as late as the 6th / 7th year in their career and he had the benefit of starting for those years. Hoyer, Smith, Fitz again, Glennon, none of those guys excite me. A rookie I will be hopeful for but I'd rather keep TT even if the plan is to draft a QB. I've put it elsewhere but the Bills team commitment to the position would still be under 20 million with a first round QB and TT.