Bills are at Clemson this morning

Astrobot

Watson is a QB first. He's a guy that plays from the pocket and takes some chances. He can run but doesn't play a game similar to TT.

Strong performances in back-to-back championship games vs the Alabama defense, highlighted by the last second TD pass this year make a very impressive resume.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things worry me about Watson. 1st, the accuracy issues at times. Clean pocket, set feet, but the ball is off just that much to prevent YAC. Things you can get away with in college, but not in the NFL. 2nd, Watson's size. The height is fine, but his playing weight is under 210lbs. He won't last at that size. He needs to pack on 20-25lbs. If he does that will it effect the rest of his game? Love his smarts, love his character, and love his competitive spirit. Would be extremely nervous if he was "our guy" though.

Edited by H2o

No, that's you saying that he had two good games.

Where was the progression in the other 14 games on the schedule?

I watched every game minus the Browns game. Id have to say Pittsburg, Oak, and Bal were his worst games. Other than those, he showed more passes in between hash marks down the field, quick throws, trying to throw WRs open (didnt always work out so well). He took small steps forward but def improvement. If you watch (which you wont) 2015 Giants game and Eagles game, and then watch 2016 Miami 2 and Seattle 2 the progress is obvious.

Giants game he folded under no pressure. Seattle game he had lots of pressure and didnt fold.

Eagles game he couldnt run a 2 minute to save his life (Im sure thats coaching, they didnt get plays in on time, looked like they never worked the 2 minute offense before.)

Miami game he ran a bunch of comeback drives including what should have been the game winner if the defense could wash their plates.

Thats progression. Its not a lot but its a good sign. I hope he goes anywhere but Cleveland and gets his shot.

Jamies was a fine example of a guy that looked like a pro even when he was playing college FB

Id agree here. He can move, but nothing like Tyrod. His sideline deep ball is the only aspect of his game the resembles TT imo.

Still skeptical on whether it's the system or the QB. A la geno, johnny, RG... etc

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/2014/9/17/6259741/from-bronze-to-bust-why-system-qbs-fail-in-the-nfl

I'm going with system, and that's why he scares me so much. Clemson's speed helped them dominate college opponents. Watson won't have that advantage in the pros. He is often inaccurate and turns the ball over too much. That's a bad recipe for a pro QB. Of course he gets a lot of love around here. Bills fans are experts at bad NFL QB's.

I watched every game minus the Browns game. Id have to say Pittsburg, Oak, and Bal were his worst games. Other than those, he showed more passes in between hash marks down the field, quick throws, trying to throw WRs open (didnt always work out so well). He took small steps forward but def improvement. If you watch (which you wont) 2015 Giants game and Eagles game, and then watch 2016 Miami 2 and Seattle 2 the progress is obvious.

Giants game he folded under no pressure. Seattle game he had lots of pressure and didnt fold.

Eagles game he couldnt run a 2 minute to save his life (Im sure thats coaching, they didnt get plays in on time, looked like they never worked the 2 minute offense before.)

Miami game he ran a bunch of comeback drives including what should have been the game winner if the defense could wash their plates.

Thats progression. Its not a lot but its a good sign. I hope he goes anywhere but Cleveland and gets his shot.

If you watch his two bad games and his two good games, he looks different?

What happened between Pitt and Philly? Or Oakland and NYG?

Add to your list Cincinnati. A game we won despite him. He was brutal that day. Missing wide open guys in the endzone and bailing clean pockets at will.

Tyrod stares off into space on the sideline in the 4th quarter losing a close game. He can't lead because he isn't seen as good at his job. His receivers are visibly frustrated with his inability to deliver them the ball, putting their hands out and palms up indicating they're wide open. Sometimes when he actually sees his wide open receiver he still misses the throw for no reason. And rather than betting on himself and going after a legitimate long-term contract, he signed his bridge deal, predicting ahead of time that his play was more likely to drop off than to improve, and he was right.

Tyrod himself and his teammates know he is never going to win a Superbowl as a starter. Time to move on from Mobile Trent Edwards folks, this guy was made to be a backup quarterback and he knows it. Let his eyes glaze over as he stares into space on someone else's sideline in the 4th quarter.

I think Watson is a better QB today.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Tyrod stares off into space on the sideline in the 4th quarter losing a close game. He can't lead because he isn't seen as good at his job. His receivers are visibly frustrated with his inability to deliver them the ball, putting their hands out and palms up indicating they're wide open. Sometimes when he actually sees his wide open receiver he still misses the throw for no reason. And rather than betting on himself and going after a legitimate long-term contract, he signed his bridge deal, predicting ahead of time that his play was more likely to drop off than to improve, and he was right.

Everybody knows Tyrod is never going to win a Superbowl as a starter, including Tyrod himself and his teammates. Time to move on from Mobile Trent Edwards folks, this guy was made to be a backup quarterback and he knows it. Let his eyes glaze over as he stares into space on someone else's sideline in the 4th quarter.

its people like you that make me WANT the bills to pick up that TT option

If you watch his two bad games and his two good games, he looks different?

What happened between Pitt and Philly? Or Oakland and NYG?

More scoring than the Bills have put up from 2014-2002?

Tyrod himself and his teammates know he is never going to win a Superbowl as a starter. Time to move on from Mobile Trent Edwards folks, this guy was made to be a backup quarterback and he knows it. Let his eyes glaze over as he stares into space on someone else's sideline in the 4th quarter.

You wanna make a bet? Watsons 1st year starting vs Tyrods 1st year starting? YPA, QBR, TD/INT Ratio, and COM %

If you lose you change your avi to a picture of Tyrod Taylor. Vice Versa

its people like you that make me WANT the bills to pick up that TT option

Its comments like his that make me want Tyrod to walk....onto another team, have a career season and make it past the WC

Strong performances in back-to-back championship games vs the Alabama defense, highlighted by the last second TD pass this year make a very impressive resume.

Its the clutch factor that stands out. Not a bad QB to develop but will need time. Wouldnt be mad if the Bills took him.

You wanna make a bet? Watsons 1st year starting vs Tyrods 1st year starting? YPA, QBR, TD/INT Ratio, and COM %

He put up good stats in Roman's training wheel offense, no arguing that. His stats are better than his play because the numbers don't record all the open receivers he fails to see, and the plays he can't execute. Also, I said today, with the league having seen Tyrod for 2 years, not his first season. Kaep and RG3 also had strong first seasons running around.

His stats are better than his play because the numbers don't record all the open receivers he fails to see, and the plays he can't execute.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's his problem. While he can do one thing better than pretty much any qb in football (run) he can't do things that the good QBs do (consistently take what the defense gives you and make the plays that are there).

TT doesn't suck strictly because of his running ability. If he had Bledsoes athleticism he would have never played professional football. I love his running ability. It's exciting to have a qb that can do what tyrod does with his feet.....but I'd rather have a qb that is in the NFL because of his arm. Jmo

Comparing 2 bad games from the previous year with his 2 best games the following year doesn't show progression. It shows that he had 2 good games. Consistency is what makes a qb good. No one wants a qb that has 3-5 good games a year.....unless you're only reason for wanting to keep him is that he's the best qb the bills have had since Jim Kelly.

I feel like Deshaun Watson is one of those guys that people are overthinking. He's really good. He's going to be a good pro.

I disagree. I feel like he is overhyped by his championship win. Even in that game he was quite inconsistent with his passes and decision making. He is nowhere near being pro ready. Of course, he has upside and I can be wrong. IMHO, I wouldn't come close to taking him in the first round. No thanks...

He put up good stats in Roman's training wheel offense, no arguing that. His stats are better than his play because the numbers don't record all the open receivers he fails to see, and the plays he can't execute. Also, I said today, with the league having seen Tyrod for 2 years, not his first season. Kaep and RG3 also had strong first seasons running around.

QBs that run usually regress their 2nd year. Its supported by evidence, the third year is usually the tell all when it comes to them. Tyrod can either take a step forward and you see a consistent level of higher play from him, or he doesnt. Its that simple. He has flashed enough to know that he can be better. Is that worth the cap hit? Probobly not but at a QB starved team like Buffalo you can keep him and draft a QB for the future. Especially if you re-work his deal so his 2017 cap hit is lower.