Bills are at Clemson this morning

Astrobot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could also be there for Boulware.... Perhaps McDoomed is looking for the "Keuchley" prototype to lead the D...

Ruben Foster might be available at 10. Check.

Although I like a lot of things about Boulware's game.

if we do that be prepared for a down year next year

Not necessarily. They would still be trying to win the way they did with Tyrod;

defense, ST's and run game. IF defense doesn't improve then be prepared

for a down year.

Please no. I heard a honk on the radio yesterday give him the kiss of death... an inability to be accurate with the football, which he made clear was not measured in completion percentage but seen via the fill, which is the ability to put the ball in the best place for the receiver in a given situation. Stated that even Watson knows its an issue. If he hasn't been able to correct when he's aware of it, that's a problem. Please no more freak athletes that are "projects" or will "develop." Doesn't work. He further stated this group's stop players are not as good as the top guys the last two years and none were top 15 draftable. So you want to roll the dice and over draft a guy at 10? I sure as hell don't. Might as well stay with TT, he has the say traits. Except I will say Watson has one of my "gotta haves" and that's the complete disdain for losing. Read in many places there's no quit in the kid and he carries himself well around teammates who feed of it.

The problem is, people fall in love with a guy in college, against substandard players (save the SEC is as good as the NFL nonsense).Usually, a college QB has mismatches all over the field that his WRs, TEs, and RBs exploit that over-state the QBs skills. Put them in an NFL setting where the talent gap shrinks considerably, the flaws come out and accuracy is among the most problematic.

My moles say that Pegula's jet (which Whaley uses) landed at the nearest airport to Clemson U this morning.

While Watson is not there (he's in Lakeland FL training), you can bet Dabo and staff are. New OC has been watching film, and may have specific questions about Watson's fit for a WCO/Spread/Bootleg system.

Basically we get a Tyrod clone for 1st contract money saving us $13 million a year or so...it would be a smart play by Whaley I have to say....

Good read by Bucky Brooks. NFL comparison is cross between Jameis and Dak.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784492/article/the-book-on-deshaun-watson-scouting-polarizing-clemson-qb?campaign=tw-cf-sf55142052-sf55142052&utm_source=Direct

I always thought Jameis/Mariota. He takes a lot of risks and chances with his arm and confidence in his playmaking ability like Jameis; character, leadership and mobility similarities with Mariota.

Watson is very bright and somewhat ahead of the curve when it comes to game prep. He was an ACC Academic All American, and I read how he spent about 40% of his time preparing with Virtual Reality, not widely used yet by college QBs but becoming more common with NFL QBs

http://rolleaglewartide.skyeyegroup.com/deshaun-watson-used-virtual-reality-to-prepare-for-blitzes/

Tyrod hates to pass. Watson loves to pass.

There are no similarities.

he does love to pass, which can sometimes lead to turnovers but I think it's easier to dial a guy back (like Jameis for example) than it is to have to convince a guy to pull the trigger. Edited by YoloinOhio

So who cares if we have a "down year" going from TT to a rookie?

Don't get him started. While you missed the season he dropped 22,000 excuses for Tyrod's play.

so what happens if the defense rebounds while we have this "down" year

we have just wasted a opportunity

Like this one ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MIAuac3WdrQ&feature=onebox