Trump and Russia

why would dons missile slap make european allies breath a sign of relief? bc they dont have to do it?

Because they thought he would be more chummy chummy with Russia, which would have all sorts of implications if that were to be the case for Europe.

why would dons missile slap make european allies breath a sign of relief? bc they dont have to do it?

i think it had to be done but its not without serious risk. we already know it will dramatically help violent jihadist recruiting efforts. lots of other things can go wrong by bringing more extremism against american targets

the case to not bomb was a lot easier the first time. the agreement was made by russia and as i recall at the time they appeared earnest in getting chems out of the equation. you can at least make a decent case to let the non-violent solution get a try there. that was also when assads status retaining his country was a lot shakier

this one was a lot more blatant, he knew what he was doing, an obvious thumb to the eye of all those that oppose king assad. he simply didnt care about the consequences bc he was about to gain control over his country again and would either retain that power or die. his brutality makes things easier for him, assuming he doesnt die over it. thats evil

the decision to bomb something of his by the western allies sort of makes itself here. im a serious pacifist and i still think a strike there was necessary

so forgive me if im not going to gush just yet over dons great military strategy

So sending missiles to take out infrastructure of ASSAD is going to make his opponents more pissed at us?

Because they thought he would be more chummy chummy with Russia, which would have all sorts of implications if that were to be the case for Europe.

yeah idk about that. personally i never bought dons crap about russia. at best it was optimistic, more likely it was just don being his idiot contrarian self

even this allegedly reformed russia remains a serious threat the america and the western allies and will until we are all dead and gone. there never was any way the american congress was going to let him snuggle up with putin

i suppose if don was seriously unhinged, as in mentally unstable, he campaign affinity for putin would have been alarming. but i dont think don is crazy i just think hes a stupid ass. when faced with the reality of the russian threat i always expected him to change course on that. and if he didnt i would expect the entire congress to strongly resist any irresponsibility toward russia. europe would have a right to be nervous but i expect they probably viewed it the same way

Because it indicates a change from the past eight years of "leading from behind" bull ****.

personally i like that obama tried the more humanistic/diplomatic approach. sometimes it worked, sometimes it failed pretty spectacularly. but id rather have someone who leans in that direction than trying to live by some 1950s doctrine of might makes right

the world will eventually get over this nationalistic flashback we are going through right now. its going to take a much more humanistic approach as time goes on to find solutions that dont involve military threats as a starting point

personally i like that obama tried the more humanistic/diplomatic approach. sometimes it worked, sometimes it failed pretty spectacularly. but id rather have someone who leans in that direction than trying to live by some 1950s doctrine of might makes right

the world will eventually get over this nationalistic flashback we are going through right now. its going to take a much more humanistic approach as time goes on to find solutions that dont involve military threats as a starting point

I disagree.

But my point was that the Europeans disagree, as well. Like it or not, most of the world looks to the US to be in the forefront in world matters, even when they publicly say they don't.

He's actually not wrong. Hitler was emphatically against escalating the war to the use of chemical weapons.

That the SS used prussic acid (or, far more commonly, carbon monoxide) in extermination camps may seem like splitting hairs, but it's a pretty important distinction )namely, between discriminate and non-discriminate use, and between industrial chemicals and weapons.)

I disagree.

But my point was that the Europeans disagree, as well. Like it or not, most of the world looks to the US to be in the forefront in world matters, even when they publicly say they don't.

He's actually not wrong. Hitler was emphatically against escalating the war to the use of chemical weapons.

That the SS used prussic acid (or, far more commonly, carbon monoxide) in extermination camps may seem like splitting hairs, but it's a pretty important distinction )namely, between discriminate and non-discriminate use, and between industrial chemicals and weapons.)

Fine, but as press secretary it's generally not a good idea to bring up Hitler. Ever.

My bad.

But you're not missing much. Quality writing is a thing of the past.

OMG, that finale was beyond awful.

BTW love this recount of the finale. (Don't know how to use the Spoiler function, so DON'T click if you haven't seen the finale)

Edited by GG

Nothing on Carter Page and the probable cause that led to a warrant because he might be a foreign agent?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/carter-page-fisa-russia-trump-237137

I'm glad he welcomes the warrant, lol

as i recall from george jr infamously ignoring the FISA requirement, that is a secret court with a very low threshold to get a warrant for national security reasons. as i recall, in the history of the court there were something like a thousand requests and yet only three-ish were refused. its basically a rubber stamp warrant process that is there simply to have an audit trail and to ensure that a judge has a chance to be involved

so any suggestion that someone under a FISA warrant is somehow guilty by association would usually be false

also note that junior infamously claimed he and darth cheney ignored the FISA requirement bc they didnt have the time to wait to wiretap all those bad terrorists, despite the fact that the FISA court allows RETROACTIVE wiretapping warrants. yes thats right, FISA allows the gubmint to go ahead and wiretap, just make sure you come back to the court as soon as you can to get the warrant for the surveillance you just conducted. so yes, george expected us to just trust them while they conducted many thousands of wiretaps in private and in secret when they could have had an army of lawyers sitting with their thumbs up their asses doing nothing but waiting for instructions to get a retroactive FISA wiretap to make legal what they were doing. what could possibly go wrong with that?? shirley no politician or president or scary evil vice president would ever abuse that power!

also note that junior infamously claimed he and darth cheney ignored the FISA requirement bc they didnt have the time to wait to wiretap all those bad terrorists, despite the fact that the FISA court allows RETROACTIVE wiretapping warrants. yes thats right, FISA allows the gubmint to go ahead and wiretap, just make sure you come back to the court as soon as you can to get the warrant for the surveillance you just conducted. so yes, george expected us to just trust them while they conducted many thousands of wiretaps in private and in secret when they could have had an army of lawyers sitting with their thumbs up their asses doing nothing but waiting for instructions to get a retroactive FISA wiretap to make legal what they were doing. what could possibly go wrong with that?? shirley no politician or president or scary evil vice president would ever abuse that power!

http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/grammar/runonsentences

A run-on sentence occurs when two or more independent clauses (also known as complete sentences) are connected improperly.

Example
:
I love to write papers
I would write one every day if I had the time

There are two complete sentences in the above example:

Sentence 1
:
I love to write papers

Sentence 2
:
I would write one every day if I had the time

Surely your grammar can't possibly be that poor

And don't call me Shirley

i wrote hundreds if not thousands of huge complicated documents during twenty-five plus years of consulting mgmt so if i want to fourgo grammar and punctuation and use run-on sentences and intentionally misspell words or use homonyms for comedic effect on a stupid message board im gonna do it and theres nothing you can do to stop me bc this is america so if you dont like it you are shirley within your rights to blow me

i wrote hundreds if not thousands of huge complicated documents during twenty-five plus years of consulting mgmt so if i want to fourgo grammar and punctuation and use run-on sentences and intentionally misspell words or use homonyms for comedic effect on a stupid message board im gonna do it and theres nothing you can do to stop me bc this is america so if you dont like it you are shirley within your rights to blow me

Did you sleep with any English teachers?

That's what will really show your expertise.