Trump and Russia

My speculation:

It served this purpose - to a degree. But I think that wasn't the true intention, more a two-birds-one-stone kind of thing.

The timing of the strike and who 45 was at that time is perhaps more indicative of who that message was truly for.

If it was more about sending a message to Assad and Putin than it was to Jinping and the DPRK the attack would have hit something more crucial to Syria's war efforts. The strikes were timed to happen exactly as the meeting between 45 and Jinping ended, the Chinese president found out about the attacks as he was walking back to his room after dinner. What's the big takeaway from the meeting between Jinping and Trump? A sense of agreement on working together to deal with the DPRK.

We'll see if that's fleeting, but it sure seems like China was the real target with this "message".

Sure doesn't sound like a President who's in the middle of a dumpster fire and is fighting with his intelligence community.

My bad.

But you're not missing much. Quality writing is a thing of the past.

Hopefully will catch it tonight.

Watching this season has reminded me of these conversations. Too many hilariously convoluted plot twists to keep the main characters alive, when you know in the real world they'd all be dead 6 seasons ago.

Hopefully will catch it tonight.

Watching this season has reminded me of these conversations. Too many hilariously convoluted plot twists to keep the main characters alive, when you know in the real world they'd all be dead 6 seasons ago.

Hold that thought until you watch it tonight :lol:`

why would dons missile slap make european allies breath a sign of relief? bc they dont have to do it?

i think it had to be done but its not without serious risk. we already know it will dramatically help violent jihadist recruiting efforts. lots of other things can go wrong by bringing more extremism against american targets

the case to not bomb was a lot easier the first time. the agreement was made by russia and as i recall at the time they appeared earnest in getting chems out of the equation. you can at least make a decent case to let the non-violent solution get a try there. that was also when assads status retaining his country was a lot shakier

this one was a lot more blatant, he knew what he was doing, an obvious thumb to the eye of all those that oppose king assad. he simply didnt care about the consequences bc he was about to gain control over his country again and would either retain that power or die. his brutality makes things easier for him, assuming he doesnt die over it. thats evil

the decision to bomb something of his by the western allies sort of makes itself here. im a serious pacifist and i still think a strike there was necessary

so forgive me if im not going to gush just yet over dons great military strategy

why would dons missile slap make european allies breath a sign of relief? bc they dont have to do it?

i think it had to be done but its not without serious risk. we already know it will dramatically help violent jihadist recruiting efforts. lots of other things can go wrong by bringing more extremism against american targets

I've never bought this. What, 50 more missiles is going to tip the scales on a religious war spanning centuries? Nah.

. yet right now theres really no contest she would be far far faaaaaaaaar better equipped experience, wisdom, and temperament wise than this lie infested jester of a self consciousness driven flaming dung pile of a man

She didn't even have the experience, wisdom, and temperament to beat that flaming dung pile of a man in the election.

I wonder, if Hillary had won, if Rear Admiral Chelsea would have given the tasking orders to the Navy to bomb Syria?