Whaley wants Cardale to be 2017 starter

Why Outrage? -Jones is a National Championship winner, who SHOULD have entered the draft the year before... -He likely would have been a late second-round pick at worst!

That BS about him being benched is SO TIRED! -The kid NEVER lost a start in college!.... If Peyton Manning could get benched, then it can happen to anyone... -And it doesn't mean you're a bad player, especially at the college level.

I happen to think Jones will be worse than TT at some things, but BETTER than him at others.... Tightwad had his big shot... He didn't get it done.

He was benched because he's not good at running Urban's RPO, and they had someone who was good at it. And Urban didn't want to change the offense because he didn't have to once JT was healthy (also, the new OC couldn't figure out how to adapt it to Cardale's strengths the way Tom Herman did). There was never a doubt who the better NFL prospect was at QB. There are once again two 4-star pro-style QBs on the OSU depth chart now who are better NFL prospects than JT Barrett, but that won't matter.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of high upside, big armed, athletic passers.

None that I would start in year one.

I'd always take a QB in round one if it were up to me and I'd have no problem carrying 4 on the 53.

Mahomes has the highest ceiling as a passer, IMO.

I'm generally a "let the draft come to you" guy but I like trading back if possible in this draft and getting more picks to take advantage of the depth at positions that sometimes have to be reached for in other years.......CB.......S.....TE.

Thanx. We should walk away from this draft with at least 2 DBs, a WR and a QB. I also think we will draft a RB perhaps Day 3.

He was benched because he's not good at running Urban's RPO, and they had someone who was good at it. And Urban didn't want to change the offense because he didn't have to once JT was healthy (also, the new OC couldn't figure out how to adapt it to Cardale's strengths the way Tom Herman did). There was never a doubt who the better NFL prospect was at QB. There are once again two 4-star pro-style QBs on the OSU depth chart now who are better NFL prospects than JT Barrett, but that won't matter.

He was benched because we lost our WRs that could stretch the field, and the ultimate erosion of WR talent was seen this season!! ALMOST ANY Buckeyes fan like myself will tell you that... and now Kevin Wilson, a dynamic offensive mind, along with those outstanding WR recruits we got will recify the problems.

Cardale Jones has IT... and we haven't had this sort of talent at QB since Drew Bledsoe. Rex Ryan was an IDIOT for keeping him down, and I am genuinely excited to see him rise up from inactive purgatory. He's a winner that seems to play his best against the best competition.

He was benched because we lost our WRs that could stretch the field, and the ultimate erosion of WR talent was seen this season!! ALMOST ANY Buckeyes fan like myself will tell you that... and now Kevin Wilson, a dynamic offensive mind, along with those outstanding WR recruits we got will recify the problems.

Cardale Jones has IT... and we haven't had this sort of talent at QB since Drew Bledsoe. Rex Ryan was an IDIOT for keeping him down, and I am genuinely excited to see him rise up from inactive purgatory. He's a winner that seems to play his best against the best competition.

they had, and have, the talent at WR. They could not throw downfield because of who was in the OC and QB coach spots. And slow development of those WRs. Ben Victor is a 6'4 downfield threat who WILL get the ball this year with the new offensive coaching staff, just as Jalin Marshall should have emerged more consistently as a replacement for Devin Smith in 2015. Cardale Jones was not the problem. I've never seen playcalling less suited for a QB's skill set than I saw in 2015. Warriner and Beck are nice men and good recruiters but I could not wait to see them "reassigned" by Urban. Edited by YoloinOhio

Lol.

If they go with Cardale they are winning 5 games next season.

At most - but on one upside, tanking next season puts us in line for a top pick the next year to fully commit to rebuild. If we pick accordingly this year as well.

Tbh, don't really know that TT is the longterm solution. Do we forsake the next 5-10 years on the chance we make the playoffs?

He's already on his way out. McD having final say on TT's option sends a loud and clear message.

Actually, it's a sign of a healthy relationship.

Tanking does nothing for us besides sitting through another miserable season.

As stated many times, who said long term solution? Your committing two years. Two years and then you can easily cut him loose.

Surprised at your position on tanking given how that beacon of journalistic integrity and the idol of the anti Whaley crowd, Jerry Sullivan suggests the Bills need to do that very thing.

Actually, it's a sign of a healthy relationship.

Surprised at your position on tanking given how that beacon of journalistic integrity and the idol of the anti Whaley crowd, Jerry Sullivan suggests the Bills need to do that very thing.

Well, I guess if losing the "control of the 90" means healthy, I'm all for it.

Well, I guess if losing the "control of the 90" means healthy, I'm all for it.

The one attribute that Whaley has as a GM is that he is collaborative. Maybe to a fault as exhibited in working with Rex in order to satisfy his outdated needs. He's the direct opposite of Tom Donahue who had an old school authoritarian approach to managing. He would have been well suited as an old guard coal baron.

I don't see the new HC in conflict with Whaley at all. If anyone can't establish a good working with such a receptive and open minded person as DW then the problem is most likely with the other person.

Per Vic carucci Whaley is in favor of starting Cardale Jones next season

Well in a couple weeks he will be the only QB on the roster. What do you expect Whaley to put out there the Buddy Nix mantra of no matter what we will be taking a QB (led to EJ BTW)

The one attribute that Whaley has as a GM is that he is collaborative. Maybe to a fault as exhibited in working with Rex in order to satisfy his outdated needs. He's the direct opposite of Tom Donahue who had an old school authoritarian approach to managing. He would have been well suited as an old guard coal baron.

I don't see the new HC in conflict with Whaley at all. If anyone can't establish a good working with such a receptive and open minded person as DW then the problem is most likely with the other person.

Sounds collaborative but he has given the distinct impression that he's trying to dictate to the coaches which players should be out on the field. The offensive linemen with Marrone, EJ Manuel, and lately the rumor to have Cardale start the last 4 games in 2016. I realize some or all of these my be untrue rumors but things like this keep popping up. Sounds like Whaley brings talent in and has a distinct opinion of where and how much that player's role should be,

Hope it's not true because it's the most worrysome thing about Whaley. Makes me question how collaborative he truly is. Let the coaches set their lineups.

Ha ha ha ha ha, you're kidding right?

We're talking about the Doug Whaley who had to get screamed at by his HC to sign a QB not named EJ when it was apparent to everyone he sucked? The Doug Whaley, who so quickly vacillated between "me and Rex are finishing each others' sentences" to whispering in the Pegula's ears to fire him.

We've hired 2 NFL coaches to work with Doug, and both couldn't get along with him. One we hit 3/3 with McD, Whaley will finally be shown the door.