Whaley wants Cardale to be 2017 starter

Probably.

He has the luxury of letting good players walk because he has arguably the greatest QB of all time.

Bill doesn't generally like paying corners... but when trying to load up for Brady's 4th ring he signed Revis and Browner to basically 1 year get rich deals. I thought that was interesting. In this league you need corners. New England happened across Butler as an UDFA.... that worked out pretty well. He will get paid.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill doesn't generally like paying corners... but when trying to load up for Brady's 4th ring he signed Revis and Browner to basically 1 year get rich deals. I thought that was interesting. In this league you need corners. New England happened across Butler as an UDFA.... that worked out pretty well. He will get paid.

He also traded for Talib and got a couple seasons out of him. Belichick values CBs, but won't break the bank for them if it means future cap problems.

You've got to hand it to Belichick. He knows the system and how to work it to the max. There is a cold blooded analysis devoid of sentiment that keeps their train moving forward. If you take picks away from him he will be more active in the mid-range free agent market to compensate. He constantly trades higher picks for more lower picks and then uses his picks as coins to maneuver up and down the draft. He is a piano virtuoso competing with musicians who are still struggling to play chop sticks. It's not just about accumulating talent as it is fitting the pieces together.

You've got to hand it to Belichick. He knows the system and how to work it to the max. There is a cold blooded analysis devoid of sentiment that keeps their train moving forward. If you take picks away from him he will be more active in the mid-range free agent market to compensate. He constantly trades higher picks for more lower picks and then uses his picks as coins to maneuver up and down the draft. He is a piano virtuoso competing with musicians who are still struggling to play chop sticks. It's not just about accumulating talent as it is fitting the pieces together.

Patriots are brilliant at fitting the right players at value into their system. Bills acquire talent but it's usually an army of misfit toys. Star WR's with no QB to throw for RAC, star DT's that are asked to play nose tackle, players drafted for the wrong scheme, etc

And Demver paid DB's like Talib and Ward and got their own ring too. There are many ways to skin a cat.

The difference between the Pats and other teams is that they maintain championship teams while others are constantly building and rebuilding. He doesn't rebuild----he reloads with different bullets. Getting to the top of the mountain is a challenge; staying there is a bigger challenge. That's what they have done.

Patriots are brilliant at fitting the right players at value into their system. Bills acquire talent but it's usually an army of misfit toys. Star WR's with no QB to throw for RAC, star DT's that are asked to play nose tackle, players drafted for the wrong scheme, etc

The Pats think strategically while the Bills think tactically. Our mind-set in acquiring players is a patchwork approach. The Patriot moves are not only about the next move but the move down the road. Great chess players vs sloppy checker players. Tough to compete against them, especially if you continue to take the same incremental approach that has gotten you nowhere.

The difference between the Pats and other teams is that they maintain championship teams while others are constantly building and rebuilding. He doesn't rebuild----he reloads with different bullets. Getting to the top of the mountain is a challenge; staying there is a bigger challenge. That's what they have done.

The Pats think strategically while the Bills think tactically. Our mind-set in acquiring players is a patchwork approach. The Patriot moves are not only about the next move but the move down the road. Great chess players vs sloppy checker players. Tough to compete against them, especially if you continue to take the same incremental approach that has gotten you nowhere.

Having the GOAT at QB helps. Peyton with the Colts was a contender every year. Rodgers with the Packers are every year.

But they both won 1 in those spells. Brees has 1. Big Ben has 2. Tom and Bill have 5. Brady is the GOAT but so is Bill Belichick.

Peyton was in 4 SB's to Tom's 7 career to career.

Not saying BB isn't great. Just saying HoF QB's make your team SB contenders every year. Add great coaching and even moreso.

Major takeaway was that BB is great but it's not as simple as "he wouldn't pay X for a CB so we shouldn't." If Denver did that, they probably don't win a chip in 2015.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

I so shouldn't share this. Someone I know is friends with someone in our organization (sorry I'm being vague- I have to). The discussion at OBD is this: Cardale as the starter, and thinking of trading Shady or Watkins or both. Internal struggle is full rebuild, like what I mentioned, or trying one last run with a veteran QB

I so shouldn't share this. Someone I know is friends with someone in our organization (sorry I'm being vague- I have to). The discussion at OBD is this: Cardale as the starter, and thinking of trading Shady or Watkins or both. Internal struggle is full rebuild, like what I mentioned, or trying one last run with a veteran QB

Hahahahahah jfc.

Shhhhhh... I'd keep that under your belt. The Buffalo News will steal your thunder.

Having the GOAT at QB helps. Peyton with the Colts was a contender every year. Rodgers with the Packers are every year.

How many SB's have Rodgers and Peyton won? How many SBs have they participated in? Brady is arguably the GOAT. But it takes much more than one great player to dominate the sport for more than half a generation in a system designed for parity.

Lol.

"I so shouldn't share this"

These leaks on various scenarios aren't as crazy as you think. In an ESPN radio show based in MD/DC it was reported that the Bills appear to have decided that they are going to let TT go and have Cardale be the starter.

The suggestion that the organization is mulling over whether they want to undergo a full or partial rebuild is not out of the realm of possibility. There has been speculation on that issue in the Buffalo press. If you are going to take on such a task the time to do it is when you have a new staff in place and are starting fresh with that staff.

How many SB's have Rodgers and Peyton won? How many SBs have they participated in? Brady is arguably the GOAT. But it takes much more than one great player to dominate the sport for more than half a generation in a system designed for parity.

Addressed above.

These leaks on various scenarios aren't as crazy as you think. In an ESPN radio show based in MD/DC it was reported that the Bills appear to have decided that they are going to let TT go and have Cardale be the starter.

The suggestion that the organization is mulling over whether they want to undergo a full or partial rebuild is not out of the realm of possibility. There has been speculation on that issue in the Buffalo press. If you are going to take on such a task the time to do it is when you have a new staff in place and are starting fresh with that staff.

Yes, yes they are as crazy as we think.

Interesting rumor. Regardless of how well he played last year, I can't believe McCoy has much, if any, trade value at this point. On the other hand, there are probably quite a few teams who would give up a first round pick for Watkins. If the Bills are truly in rebuild mode, it would make sense to dump Watkins because he seems likely to bolt as soon as his rookie deal is up, and he still has significant trade value.

I assume that this scenario would also involve drafting a QB high and letting him compete with Cardale for the job. Although there is a pretty good chance this would result in a 6-10 season (or maybe worse), it would be more fun to watch than another 8-8 season with Tyrod.

Edited by mannc

I really don't want to go through a full rebuild. Draft a QB, roll with a vet this year and see where that gets us.