Who is the next dynasty?

TheFunPolice

Just remember the 49ers... the unbeatable team, who not only won 5 Super Bowls between 1982 and 1995 but demolished teams in the big games.

It seemed like they would never not be great. Super Bowls used to suck when they played because the game was over at halftime. Look at the 49ers now.

The big difference between the 49ers and the Patriots (IMO) is it comes down to 2 guys with NE: Brady and Belichick. Everyone else has proven to be interchangeable. That's why they win close Super Bowls whereas those 49ers teams were loaded with HOF talent and steamrolled people.

IMO, under today's rules, the Montana led 49ers at their peak would defeat the Brady led Patriots at their peak, not because Montana > Brady but because the 49ers were like an all-star team who ALSO had one of the greatest coaches and QBs of all time.

That's the trouble with comparing eras. What a fun game that would be to see though!

Every generation has its dynasty:

70's: Steelers

80's: 49ers

90's: Cowboys

00's: Patriots

Who is going to be next? It has to be a young team with a young(ish) superstar QB paired with a young(ish) HC who has time to be around long enough to accumulate the W's.

The Seahawks had a shot at doing something special and they blew it. Back to back so early in Wilson's career allows you to miss a bunch and still get a couple on the back end.

For guys in their 30's I just don't see enough time.

If Green Bay had a good team they could make some noise with Rogers, but I just don't see them as well-rounded or very well coached. Indy and GB are completely wasting the careers of their QBs.

Any ideas?

Edited by TheFunPolice

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's go Buffalo!

That would so incredible!

Just have to hit on the HC and QB in today's salary cap era. The rest you just need solid players who can fill roles.

That approach would not work in the 70's, 80's, or 90's when you went up against teams that looked like some kid's Madden fantasy draft roster, but today teams are just not loaded for very long due to the cap.

Edited by TheFunPolice

The patriots (again) (still). With Brady playing another 15 years I see them as the next dynasty.

Therein lies the chance for glory.

Whoever lays them out in the post-season (and someone will) and rips the torch has a nice feather in their cap.

I'm talking a 45-21 type beatdown (sort of like what Atlanta started) except the other team keeps running the ball.

Edited by TheFunPolice

If I had to throw a team out (just a feeling) I will say the Bucs. Of all of the young QBs Jameis has the feeling of a guy that could be the best. He still makes a ton of mistakes but he makes a lot of plays too. They have some talent around him but will keep building. Thy are probably a couple of years from contending still but that would be my guess as of today. I could see them winning a couple.

As much as it pains me, that is also my thought. Many of their better players are at relatively less expensive positions, they have a few years to go before they'd have to pay big $$ for Dak and would be surprised if he ever gets to the point of commanding top QB $$'s. When Elliotts contract is up, can easily replace him with another rookie as RB is the easiest spot to throw a rookie into.

Cowboys

As much as it pains me, that is also my thought. Many of their better players are at relatively less expensive positions, they have a few years to go before they'd have to pay big $$ for Dak and would be surprised if he ever gets to the point of commanding top QB $$'s. When Elliotts contract is up, can easily replace him with another rookie as RB is the easiest spot to throw a rookie into.

FAs flock there and having Dak on that peanuts deal and cutting Romo is going to free up a lot to add to the defense. They will be scary. Plus Zeke is only 21 😳 Edited by YoloinOhio

In the conversation:

NFC

Atlanta - Solid Core, improving Defense, Franchise QB

Dallas - Young and Tough, Triplets on O

Seattle- Always good, can take the next step

AFC

Patriots - rule until Brady significantly declines or retires

Oakland - Young and tough, improving on D, a franchise QB

Pittsburgh - need to improve on D and keep their core on O

Buffalo - I'm just dreaming, but man would this make my day