Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

I still tend to believe Denver is where he ends up, but it seems like a lot of the national guys are linking him to Chicago based upon him being from the general area or the Jets based upon their market and a potential transition into media. But I'm not sure either team is remotely near where we are in relation to winning. I don't see how Houston and make it work financially, I don't see the Chiefs being so bold as to flip out Alex Smith for Romo and the 49ers and Browns aren't playing the same game talent wise.

Taking either Davis or Williams at 10 and a defensive scheme that fits our personnel better could make us a very attractive destination, but the national guys will never admit it because we are tiny old Buffalo and it's cold for ~3 games out of the year.

that is pretty spot on. One wild card could be Jacksonville

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still tend to believe Denver is where he ends up, but it seems like a lot of the national guys are linking him to Chicago based upon him being from the general area or the Jets based upon their market and a potential transition into media. But I'm not sure either team is remotely near where we are in relation to winning. I don't see how Houston and make it work financially, I don't see the Chiefs being so bold as to flip out Alex Smith for Romo and the 49ers and Browns aren't playing the same game talent wise.

Taking either Davis or Williams at 10 and a defensive scheme that fits our personnel better could make us a very attractive destination, but the national guys will never admit it because we are tiny old Buffalo and it's cold for ~3 games out of the year.

I agree. We get Williams at # 10. And if Romo and Watkins stay healthy, we get an OT in round 2, we have a great offensive setup in both passing and running. Question is who do we get to backup Romo?

Herman Edwards was talking about the Bills as the potential spot but Stephen A.and Kellerman don't think so because it is "frozen over for those 6 months."

I love the lack of knowledge form the national media regarding Buffalo. And, BTW, why doesn't Green Bay (which is worse weather wise) get hammered like this?

There are like 3 "cold" games a year.

I heard a great take from a NFLN guy (I want to say Bucky Brooks) in relation to weather when it came out that Lynn preferred us over San Diego. The guy he was talking to was incredulous that would be a choice, but Bucky shot him down saying you are working 12-14+ hour days in a climate controlled area, the weather probably makes your wife a little happier, but no committed guy is hanging out at the beach anyway, weather is not a factor when guys are looking for the best place to succeed.

I love the lack of knowledge form the national media regarding Buffalo. And, BTW, why doesn't Green Bay (which is worse weather wise) get hammered like this?

There are like 3 "cold" games a year.

Because it pisses us off and generates heat on social media for those guys. Mission accomplished.

Because it pisses us off and generates heat on social media for those guys. Mission accomplished.

Sadly this is right on. ESPN especially and especially First Take loves to antagonize passionate fan bases. Why do you think the Bills ESPN beat reporter is a known Patriots fan?

It'll be interesting to see how our OL looks pass blocking when the guy behind center isn't one of the most elusive QBs in the league.

It will also be interesting to see the OL block when the QB throws the ball quickly and with timing. That also helps when the QB doesn't hold on to the ball too long.

It'll be interesting to see how our OL looks pass blocking when the guy behind center isn't one of the most elusive QBs in the league.

it's called an outlet pass to McCoy or Clay you know what a QB is supposed to do get rid of the ball which is something TT just couldn't grasp. Rico will run a quick pass ball control version of the WCO. Romo would be fine

it's called an outlet pass to McCoy or Clay you know what a QB is supposed to do get rid of the ball which is something TT just couldn't grasp. Rico will run a quick pass ball control version of the WCO. Romo would be fine

TT's strength of elusiveness - I love it. But he is maddeningly poor at getting the ball out on time. Can't put all the blame the WRs, as we have seen via all 22s. If more than one team says their defensive strategy with TT is to "make him be a QB", well...

It will also be interesting to see the OL block when the QB throws the ball quickly and with timing. That also helps when the QB doesn't hold on to the ball too long.

Considering how long Taylor would hold onto the ball, the O-Line would still do a very good job in protecting him.

The Bills O-Line is a strength. They just need help at RT.

Considering how long Taylor would hold onto the ball, the O-Line would still do a very good job in protecting him.

The Bills O-Line is a strength. They just need help at RT.

You're wrong about that.

Ryan Groy, John Miller and Mills were serviceable with Taylor at QB but without him they will be challenged to overcome physical limitations.

Kujo looked good in place of the injured Cordy Glenn.......but then he broke his hip.

And Incognito is going to be a year older. Wood struggled until Taylor came on board and he should probably be a cap casualty.

This OL needs someone to keep it covered up.

A few guys can do that.......Brady and Russell Wilson come to mind.........but most can't.

Guys like Romo and even Big Ben and ARodgers need more time because they hold the ball and aren't elusive.

All three have had it.......some of the better all around OL play in the NFL in front of those guys.

There are some physically gifted OL around the NFL......Dallas and Miami come to mind......Buffalo is NOT one of them.

You're wrong about that.

Ryan Groy, John Miller and Mills were serviceable with Taylor at QB but without him they will be challenged to overcome physical limitations.

Kujo looked good in place of the injured Cordy Glenn.......but then he broke his hip.

And Incognito is going to be a year older. Wood struggled until Taylor came on board and he should probably be a cap casualty.

This OL needs someone to keep it covered up.

A few guys can do that.......Brady and Russell Wilson come to mind.........but most can't.

Guys like Romo and even Big Ben and ARodgers need more time because they hold the ball and aren't elusive.

All three have had it.......some of the better all around OL play in the NFL in front of those guys.

There are some physically gifted OL around the NFL......Dallas and Miami come to mind......Buffalo is NOT one of them.

I didn't say it was the best in the league.

I just do not see it as a glaring weakness, as you apparently do.

I think they would be good enough to protect Romo.

What an interesting and relevant point to the conversation in your head.

Trying to be light with you snowflake sorry I thought you were smart enough to get the reference. My mistake as I should have known. I will never make that mistake again. Continue as you were trying to project what happened 3 years ago as if it is relevent clownshoes it is so you.

Edited by jms62

Trying to be light with you snowflake sorry I thought you were smart enough to get the reference. My mistake as I should have known. I will never make that mistake again. Continue as you were trying to project what happened 3 years ago as if it is relevent clownshoes it is so you.

Who are you?