Report: Browns will try to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo

YoloinOhio

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll readily admit that Belichick is the best in the business. But the way some on this board view him as a guy who never does anything wrong is incredibly annoying. He dumps guys like Jones and Collins not because they can't play, but because he doesn't want to pay them. His track record drafting WRs and RBs clearly shows the guy doesn't walk on water.

Jimmy G's contract status makes it incredibly difficult to keep him around as Brady's clip board holder in perpetuity, he's going to be a RFA after next season and will likely get a contract offer the Pats can't match. Money is the reason they moved on from Collins and Jones and it'll be the reason they move on from Jimmy too, not because BB is some grand wizard who knows he'll bust, but because of Brady's depressed cap number and the pending RFA status could very likely mean Jimmy is making more than Brady in 2018, which is a distraction the Pats aren't going to begin to entertain.

Because of money. Does it look like Brady has lost a step? I completely realize it could happen overnight, but it's also entirely possible given how seriously he takes conditioning and how he's rarely touched in their offensive scheme that he does play another 4 years. BB took Briskett in the 3rd round last year, he's clearly planning ahead for the reality that Jimmy won't be around long. Maybe Jimmy is a full blown "Patriots Way" koolaide drinker who'll gladly turn down an extra $10 mil a year and a guaranteed starting job to hold Tom's clip board for however long is needed, but I'm not betting on it. Jimmy's value will never be higher, BB will cash it in this offseason, and it's not because he doesn't believe in him, it's because it's the only logical move.

Yep

Better to try to trade for the hoodie or his spy.

The Browns blew it by not letting him cheat when he was the head coach there!

You know the last time the Browns made the playoffs? Yup under the Hoodie.. but alas that wasn't these Browns but the Ravens.

nah they made it in 2004.

Cut him some slack, he is a Pats fan. They are new to this NFL thing. They weren't around when Kelly Holcomb was a playoff QB.

it is not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped (fun but not nice).

If the Browns want to give away their picks, Whaley should fleece them for Manuel!

The Brown's GM is not a Tuel - he knows Manual is a FA since Bills did not pick up option on contract.

Actually everyone else seems to know that but maybe PatsFanNH.

it is not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped (fun but not nice).

The Brown's GM is not a Tuel - he knows Manual is a FA since Bills did not pick up option on contract.

Actually everyone else seems to know that but maybe PatsFanNH.

Haha, yeah, I was mostly joking. But they did trade a 4th rounder to the Patriots for Jamie Collins and he was a free agent. I think they were like 0-8 at the time? Someone should tell them to snatch Manuel up before he hits the market! :lol:

(Nothing against Manuel, more against the Browns wasting the plethora of picks they've had over the last several years)

Cut him some slack, he is a Pats fan. They are new to this NFL thing. They weren't around when Kelly Holcomb was a playoff QB.

I just don't remember them being in the playoffs that year..lol

Not like 2004 was before the Empire or something, I would think a bill fan would remember the exact time the. Eat down began. 😜

Edited by PatsFanNH

Please tell me someone heard that moron Zolak on Murphy's show today say that the price for Garappolo STARTS at a 1st and a 2nd? :o

They can ask.

I can't imagine anybody actually paying that, though.

But that's what you're supposed to do when selling. Start high.

Edited by Thurman#1

I agree Brissett is not the next Pats QB. However, I firmly believe Garapolo trade nets a first rounder and more.

I'd agree. Browns have an extra one and like I said above they just traded a 4th (conditional 3rd) for Jamie Collins who needed to be signed to a contract still because he was going to be a free agent.

Why wouldn't they pay more for their perceived QB of the future? Why would the Pats take less?

I'd agree. Browns have an extra one and like I said above they just traded a 4th (conditional 3rd) for Jamie Collins who needed to be signed to a contract still because he was going to be a free agent.

Why wouldn't they pay more for their perceived QB of the future? Why would the Pats take less?

The Browns have signed Collins to a 4 year extension already. The Pats will get the Browns 3rd round comp pick for him. The Browns have picks 1, 12, 33, 52 & 65 through the first three rounds. If they do offer anything for JG it won't include a first.

Who was the last career backup QB who was traded for a 1st round pick?

I'd much rather give up a 1st and 3rd for garapolo then draft any QB in the first round this year. Next years QB crop is debatable if it going to be better than Garapolo. Heck, maybe the Bills should try to get him.

Rob Johnson says hi.

Because Tom aint slowin down anytime soon like they thought he would.

The NFL is crawling with 40+ year old Super Bowl winning, hall of fame caliber QBs. Nothing unusual about that.

Edited by PromoTheRobot