Would You Take a Flyer on Victor Cruz?

H2o

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/01/victor_cruz_hopes_to_return_to_giants_but_the_ball.html

He has a pretty large cap number next season for the Giants and is a candidate for release. We all know the injury history, but would you take a flyer on the guy? He seemed like he still had a little left in the tank last year and was able to stay pretty healthy. He would be an upgrade over much of what we have now to say the least. What say you TBD?

Edited by H2o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if it was a relatively cheap deal and if he's healthy.

I really think we have needed a seasoned vet WR on this team for awhile who can lead and be a mentor, and still play. Not sure if he's that guy but he could replace Woods and then we still draft one relatively high.

Edited by YoloinOhio

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/01/victor_cruz_hopes_to_return_to_giants_but_the_ball.html

He has a pretty large cap number next season for the Giants and is a candidate for release. We all know the injury history, but would you take a flyer on the guy? He seemed like he still had a little left in the tank last year and was able to stay pretty healthy. He would be an upgrade over much of what we have now to say the least. What say you TBD?

Yes I would, but he would not be one of my early targets or choices. I do think Cruz showed he can still contribute and he is coming off a year where he needed managed to stay healthy. But we have a stable of WR's who struggle with injuries, so again he is not ideal from a reliability stand point.

Personally, my top targets at WR this offseason would be Garcon or DeSean in terms of guys who can be impact players and in that first tier of guys on the market. The 2 older Vets that can still be valuable and come a bit cheaper that I like are Britt or Boldin. And the 2 younger guys I like to take a chance on at a cheaper price tag are Cordelle and Floyd.

Cruz would be one of those ones that I wouldn't consider unless a lot of the more reliable options were gone, but I wouldnt be upset if we took a flyer on him as I think when healthy he is still better than Woods.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Woods gets picked up by Atlanta, proceeds to amass 1200 receiving yards and 10 TD's, and TSW calls for Whaley's head for not paying him.

That's not the best reason to make a move

I'd be hard pressed to find $8m value in any season he's put up, yet alone to expect it consistently. He's a good WR and I won't be upset if we keep him but even if he produces elsewhere I'd struggle to see him producing that stat line here

Woods gets picked up by Atlanta, proceeds to amass 1200 receiving yards and 10 TD's, and TSW calls for Whaley's head for not paying him.

So you are saying Woods > Sanu? And I have yet to see a FA rankings list where Woods was in the top 50 available players, so I am willing to take my chances. You can't trip and fall your way to 1200 yards in a season.