YoloinOhio

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the what

@rapsheet

The #49ers are hiring FOX analyst John Lynch as their GM, source says. Out of nowhere.

@adamschefter

In same week John Lynch is named 49ers' GM, he could be voted into Hall of Fame.

Wow, um, ok?? loved him as a player but does he know how to run a team? 49ers are the true dumpster fire.

He always had great points of view during games. Seems clear and level headed and understands the game. His success will depend on what or who surrounds him. I can envision Lynch being pretty good at talent assessment and working with coaches and team officials. Lynch will have a severe learning curve when it comes to cap issues, and such.

While this looks terrible on paper as a football fan I would love this to work. The old boys network needs a shakeup or two and if a guy with no experience does well what does that say about the current process NFL teams use?

Nothing like a former player to shake up the old boys network

Remember, another Stanford grad went from the playing field to various other ventures before returning to a football front office. Perhaps you've heard of John Elway, a guy who spent his post-NFL career running car dealerships and steakhouses in Denver before he came back to save the Broncos ... I don't think this is at all nuts provided that they give Lynch the technocrats he needs to manage salary cap issues, etc.

Nothing like a former player to shake up the old boys network

True. The smart move would have been to hire the manager of a local restaurant chain. That would REALLY shake things up and turn the franchise around. Maybe if Lynch doesn't work out that can be the next hire.

Edited by vincec