Does Gilmore want to be here?

tedstrong

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what fans say every single time a player is up for unrestricted free agency.

Every.

Time.

Without fail.

Off the top of my head, I can say with certainty that I've read this very statement, on this very board, about:

Jason peters

Lee Evans

Stevie Johnson

Jairus Byrd

Andy Levitre

Eric Wood

Cordy Glenn

Jerry Hughes

And now Gilmore.

It's silly.

As for the "he's not very good" crowd, well, go check the "shadow" thread--I promise he's right up there with the elites in terms of both coverage skill and tackle numbers.

In a recent interview at the Pro Bowl Gilmore said "i want to be wanted where ever it is i go"

I'm taking that in the same respect that Dareus proclaimed that he didn't think the Bills wanted him when they only offered him a pitiful $90 mil.

But when they upped it to $100 mil then he felt wanted. So i guess if the offer is the amount that Gilmore thinks he's worth he will want to be here if not hen who ever offers what he wants then he will feel wanted ...

Although he's not worth what HE thinks he's worth !!!

A more valuable observation would be to slaughter a goat, examine its entrails and then report back to us what it portends regarding the future of Mr. Gilmore.

I like the way you think! Maybe the organization could be run with this as the preferred method.

This is what fans say every single time a player is up for unrestricted free agency.

Every.

Time.

Without fail.

Off the top of my head, I can say with certainty that I've read this very statement, on this very board, about:

Jason peters

Lee Evans

Stevie Johnson

Jairus Byrd

Andy Levitre

Eric Wood

Cordy Glenn

Jerry Hughes

And now Gilmore.

It's silly.

As for the "he's not very good" crowd, well, go check the "shadow" thread--I promise he's right up there with the elites in terms of both coverage skill and tackle numbers.

And they were right on many of them if they did. Most fans felt Byrd was overpaid and not worth resigning. Levitre was massively overpaid for a guard as a FA . The consensus was that Glenn and Hughes should be kept or at least a good attempt made to retain. Jason Peters was not an UFA, he was traded. These situations weren't at all like Gilmore, so you're generalizing too much. Gilmore isn't liked by a lot of fans , mostly due to his lack of fiery play and shying away from the physical parts of the game. He also doesn't make a lot of game changing plays . So it's not surprising many fans feel he should be allowed to walk in FA and replaced by a less expensive player. He's not a pass rusher, QB, or LT so he's a good candidate to be replaced by a less expensive draft pick or FA . You may disagree but FA requires teams to lose some players. A CB isn't getting this team to the playoffs.

It's like clockwork.

Any pending good FA we have who wants to get paid fans will bash. It's a defense mechanism to cope with the likelihood he won't return.

Some fans perhaps. Many of us like the Bills to retain critical players; guys will get paid. But a team has to decide WHO to pay at FA time and many fans feel he isn't the kind of CB that you would pay at that juncture. You can't keep all of them.

Other than the taxes, Buffalo is a dirt cheap place to live. But........there are the taxes.

He'll probably decide based on good wings and Beef on Weck. :) I would!

Edited by Augie

Other than the taxes, Buffalo is a dirt cheap place to live. But........there are the taxes.

He'll probably decide based on good wings and Beek on Weck. :) I would!

Buffalo has high property taxes, but relatively reasonable state income taxes about 7.90%. That's $197k on 2.5 million. Federal at 35.6% would be $893k.

Buffalo has high property taxes, but relatively reasonable state income taxes about 7.90%. That's $197k on 2.5 million. Federal at 35.6% would be $893k.

I moved to Georgia (about 6% state tax?) from Florida where there was ZERO state income tax, and the property tax on a million dollar house was similar to a $250k house in Buffalo. When you do the math with a lot of digits, it adds up!