Does Gilmore want to be here?

tedstrong

I know you know football and McDermott's defense. You have to admit berry would be nice but has less value than Gilmore to this defense. A man press corner is something that he could very much benefit by having with Darby able to play outside zone, cover 3 and cover 0

I don't disagree. I just think that Eric Berry is one of the best players in football. I think that Gilmore is a very good to great player; I think that Berry is elite. For the same amount of money I think that I would prefer Berry playing that Kurt Coleman role.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree. I just think that Eric Berry is one of the best players in football. I think that Gilmore is a very good to great player; I think that Berry is elite. For the same amount of money I think that I would prefer Berry playing that Kurt Coleman role.

its a warsh.

If he van get that from Coleman than he can get that from (*^*&%^$^#safety anyone. What he has never had are CB's.

Also I'm waiting for someone to call you out that you don't know **** about db's and can't judge talent. When it happens, like once a month, I get a kick out of it.

You, like, must have played high school football or something.

But back on point, let's pretend Aaron Williams returns and no issues. And we have berry than it will make up for lack of cb quality. I just judge the situation as a bikes in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I can totally see a player like Gilmore wanting to go somewhere and win. The guy has been here his entire career so far and has only seen losing.

I get that the "he won't want to stay" angle is somewhat overblown but these are human beings, and they have preferences. He's getting paid, that much is a given. Whether it's here or somewhere else the Brinks truck is going to need somewhere to dock up.

Imagine being one of these guys losing every season, coach fired every other year, while your friends in the league are playing on Sunday nights, lighting it up in primetime, playing in playoffs games, making huge plays when the whole sports world is watching, becoming superstars and getting recognition, competing for titles...

Meanwhile, you're going 7-9 or 8-8 and have a new coach every other season.

These guys don't have lifelong attachments to the Bills the way fans do. Many of them I'm sure want to stay and be part of the turnaround, and that's awesome. But why is it so crazy to suggest that some guys want to go somewhere else so that they can win?

I will say this: WHEN (not if) this team finally gets back into the playoffs it's going to be one of the most fun seasons any of these guys have ever had in football, so that is worth something. This place will be electric.

its a warsh.

If he van get that from Coleman than he can get that from (*^*&%^$^#safety anyone. What he has never had are CB's.

Also I'm waiting for someone to call you out that you don't know **** about db's and can't judge talent. When it happens, like once a month, I get a kick out of it.

You, like, must have played high school football or something.

But back on point, let's pretend Aaron Williams returns and no issues. And we have berry than it will make up for lack of cb quality. I just judge the situation as a bikes in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I don't think that I know what I'm talking about pretty much ever. I did play some football and my brother was a college QB and coach (he actually coached Starks in high school at NF). I just emotionally react to what I believe and then argue it. My brother is sort of my checks and balances (and the person that I argue with the most). I hate the Gilmore situation because I'm kind of Switzerland. I like to have a strong opinion and try to inflict in on everyone.

I'm a big Aaron Williams fan too but I worry about counting on him. I guess that I like a secondary of Darby, Seymour, Williams and Berry better than Gilmore, Darby, Williams and Graham. Obviously the draft has a ton of DBs and the Bills can address either S or CB there.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't think that I know what I'm talking about pretty much ever. I did play some football and my brother was a college QB and coach (he actually coached Starks in high school at NF). I just emotionally react to what I believe and then argue it. My brother is sort of my checks and balances (and the person that I argue with the most). I hate the Gilmore situation because I'm kind of Switzerland. I like to have a strong opinion and try to shove it down everyone's throats.

I'm a big Aaron Williams fan too but I worry about counting on him. I guess that I like a secondary of Darby, Seymour, Williams and Berry better than Gilmore, Darby, Williams and Graham. Obviously the draft has a ton of DBs and the Bills can address either S or CB there.

its different when you can watch the game and not be emotional though. You (and I and a few select others) can identify covetages and situations to know what happened. It takes some of the fun out of being a fan.

I wouldn't count on Aaron Williams and I'd play him in packages only. Avoid him in first downs and run plays. I'd like him in nickel and dime when he is smart enough to contribute with his brain more than others

That's like admiring the prettiest turd in the grass at the dog run...

That's a stupid simile. Gilmore is an excellent corner. He's a legit #1 in this league and it's a hell of a lot easier building a respectable corps of DBs with one of those in place than with nothing.

Edited by BarleyNY

Buffalo has high property taxes, but relatively reasonable state income taxes about 7.90%. That's $197k on 2.5 million. Federal at 35.6% would be $893k.

buffalo isnt a state, and 7.9% is pretty damn high if you didnt know, towards the top.

oh and of all the fa's we sighned or needed to sign, ill be glad when its gilmore girl that we didnt sign, so happy it wasnt glenn we let walk, now pick tightwad up.

Edited by re enlightener

For top 5 corner money I'd prefer to pay someone who actually takes leadership on the field. We already sank a huge contract into paying an immature child. I'd rather use a 2nd rd draft pick replacing him with someone serviceable than waste cap space on him

Buffalo has high property taxes, but relatively reasonable state income taxes about 7.90%. That's $197k on 2.5 million. Federal at 35.6% would be $893k.

For the players it is far more complex since they play in more than one state. Interesting read:

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/taxes-cost-professional-athlete.aspx#slide=1

Professional sports players get taxed by pretty much every city and state in which they play, says Ryan Losi, CPA and executive vice president of Piascik & Associates, a Glen Allen, Va., accounting firm that represents more than 70 professional athletes.

"NFL players typically file in 10 to 12 jurisdictions. NBA is somewhere between 16 and 20. MLB is somewhere between 20 and 26, and the NHL is between 14 and 16," says Losi.

Buffalo wanted Kuechly at their pick but Carolina snagged him just in front of us and we took Gilmore ! We didn't want Stephon either !!

FWIW, we actually wanted Mark Barron. The Bills tried hard to trade up for him but couldn't get a deal that worked. They liked Gilmore but LOVED Barron.

Anyone see his show me the money cleats? Man wants a big pay day. Hope he stays but idk if we have the money to make it happen. Really hope we at least franchise him.

For anyone who didn't see the cleats...here ya go

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/30/14441808/stephon-gilmore-buffalo-bills-free-agency-cleats-show-me-the-money-josh-norman

Gilmore is gone. if you listened to his comments, it was clear to me. He said stuff like "I believe THEY are gonna get things turned around up there." Not WE, but THEY. Just my opinion, but I believe he is gone. That's okay with me. He is extremely talented but also wildly inconsistent. We need someone who is a bit more steady.

Gilmore is gone. if you listened to his comments, it was clear to me. He said stuff like "I believe THEY are gonna get things turned around up there." Not WE, but THEY. Just my opinion, but I believe he is gone. That's okay with me. He is extremely talented but also wildly inconsistent. We need someone who is a bit more steady.

Agreed

Gilmore seems like a very odd guy. From the minute he was drafted, his facial expressions and emotional (or lack of) displays just looked kind of weird. On the playing field he also has shown that same erratic behavior: often good, but many times blatantly grabbing onto receivers, avoiding contact on blocks and tackles, looking back toward the line of scrimmage after getting burned, etc etc.

Even when he got that pick in the Pro Bowl-- the way he stuck the ball out and just stood there while the play was still live, was not a normal reaction.

I would be very skeptical of giving this guy a huge payday and expecting to get your money's worth.