Meathead

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahahahhahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

ok. you have NO idea what you are talking about. you even had the nerve to bring out the ultra popular yet almost completely useless talking point of white privilege. holy cow

not that it matters bc you will never answer this but exactly how many MLK books have you read? how many black churches have you visited? how many black folks have you volunteered to help on you own free time? how many stop the violence rallies have you attended? how many black women have you married?

dear lord, why do you saddle me with ppl like this?

huge filter points earned

wow. ppl just log on and type any dumbass thing they want

I'll answer: none none and none. If youre looking for a pat on the back, you might be in the wrong place. I still haven't seen any evidence posted, youre simply calling out other poasters, and looking for your participation trophy.

Yes and one of my sons (white) was a sprinter in high school and an Illinois State Champion and that was without wutang.

The post about giving white guys a head start in 100m was meant to be a joke playing off a stereotype but I was questioning your comment that we should have different standards for different races? Really?

ty
i was very much hoping that was exactly the case. but ime it is extremely rare to be able to see someone be able to make that comment and have it mean what you said, almost always it is an indirect accusation of racism and bias. so i apologize for getting it wrong with you and i am relieved to hear you say that
we are naturally going to have different standards regarding race bc we have different cultural experiences in each race and standards evolve from those. as we examine these differences and become more familiar with them, we can take the good and merge it into the general collective, while simultaneously eliminating the bad. of course to do that we need to have a healthy approach to how we process race issues, which generally certainly is NOT the case currently in america. thats one of the things im trying to do with my work on this topic
for example, when i was growing up deep in the heart of redneck crackerland we hardly NEVER told each other we loved our own family members. there was also very limited connections with our extended family (ie. cousins and uncles, at least not like it is now). and we had hardly no physical affection in the form of spontaneous hugs. it was like growing up in a world full of hank hill families
we see from the brutal oppression that blackness was forced to endure a phenomenon that extended 'family' to mean anyone that enters our social circle and provides emotional support. i have noticed over the years that black families are very quick to accept extended family members into their home, very often to try to escape the gross dysfunction of crime, drug, and physical abuse in the inner cities. a lot of times these arent even actual blood relatives, just someone they grew up with and want to help out of a tough spot. these individuals become true family, as we can see from the very heartwarming phrase invented by our blackness: "brothers from another mother."
so yes, absolutely, we SHOULD be identifying these different standards and adopting them to our own when they are productive. this is the very heart of the benefit of celebrating cultural/race differences. this 'brothers/mothers' phrase has been almost magical in its ability the transform much of the american psyche when it comes to family relationships. now millions of whites routinely use this phrase and sincerely act upon it to show love to non-blood 'family'. its awesome, and we would not have that now had we not learned some crucial lessons from the adaptations blacks were forced to create after emerging from the brutal oppression of white dominance
conversely, we have some bad standards in our blackness that we need to identify and work to eliminate. clearly, the routine use of violence is a big one. the reluctance of blackness to admit and acknowledge their own widespread racist bias against whites is another. the tendency for far too many black fathers to be grossly irresponsible with their child rearing responsibilities is another. we saw ray rice and adrian peterson get into all kinds of trouble due to negative black cultural standards that were never questioned until they blew up in our faces. there are many many other examples
we certainly could do this duo analysis as well for whiteness and any other racial cultures. but right now our most dysfuncitonal one is in our blackness, which is why we most need to focus on that topic to try to avoid ending up again where we do time after time - with severe racial tension and dysharmony
Edited by Meathead

ty
i was very much hoping that was exactly the case. but ime it is extremely rare to be able to see someone be able to make that comment and have it mean what you said, almost always it is an indirect accusation of racism and bias. so i apologize for getting it wrong with you and i am relieved to hear you say that
we are naturally going to have different standards regarding race bc we have different cultural experiences in each race and standards evolve from those. as we examine these differences and become more familiar with them, we can take the good and merge it into the general collective, while simultaneously eliminating the bad. of course to do that we need to have a healthy approach to how we process race issues, which generally certainly is NOT the case currently in america. thats one of the things im trying to do with my work on this topic
for example, when i was growing up deep in the heart of redneck crackerland we hardly NEVER told each other we loved our own family members. there was also very limited connections with our extended family (ie. cousins and uncles, at least not like it is now). and we had hardly no physical affection in the form of spontaneous hugs. it was like growing up in a world full of hank hill families
we see from the brutal oppression that blackness was forced to endure a phenomenon that extended 'family' to mean anyone that enters our social circle and provides emotional support. i have noticed over the years that black families are very quick to accept extended family members into their home, very often to try to escape the gross dysfunction of crime, drug, and physical abuse in the inner cities. a lot of times these arent even actual blood relatives, just someone they grew up with and want to help out of a tough spot. these individuals become true family, as we can see from the very heartwarming phrase invented by our blackness: "brothers from another mother."
so yes, absolutely, we SHOULD be identifying these different standards and adopting them to our own when they are productive. this is the very heart of the benefit of celebrating cultural/race differences. this 'brothers/mothers' phrase has been almost magical in its ability the transform much of the american psyche when it comes to family relationships. now millions of whites routinely use this phrase and sincerely act upon it to show love to non-blood 'family'. its awesome, and we would not have that now had we not learned some crucial lessons from the adaptations blacks were forced to create after emerging from the brutal oppression of white dominance
conversely, we have some bad standards in our blackness that we need to identify and work to eliminate. clearly, the routine use of violence is a big one. the reluctance of blackness to admit and acknowledge their own widespread racist bias against whites is another. the tendency for far too many black fathers to be grossly irresponsible with their child rearing responsibilities is another. we saw ray rice and adrian peterson get into all kinds of trouble due to negative black cultural standards that were never questioned until they blew up in our faces. there are many many other examples
we certainly could do this duo analysis as well for whiteness and any other racial cultures. but right now our most dysfuncitonal one is in our blackness, which is why we most need to focus on that topic to try to avoid ending up again where we do time after time - with severe racial tension and dysharmony

Jesus Christ.

Check your PMs

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/emmett-till-lynching-carolyn-bryant-donham.html

"For six decades, she has been the silent woman linked to one of the most notorious crimes in the nations history, the lynching of Emmett Till, a 14-year-old black boy, keeping her thoughts and memories to herself as millions of strangers idealized or vilified her.

But all these years later, a historian says that the woman has broken her silence, and acknowledged that the most incendiary parts of the story she and others told about Emmett claims that seem tame today but were more than enough to get a black person killed in Jim Crow-era Mississippi were false.

The woman, Carolyn Bryant Donham, spoke to Timothy B. Tyson, a Duke University professor possibly the only interview she has given to a historian or journalist since shortly after the episode who has written a book, The Blood of Emmett Till, to be published next week..."

this is so thoroughly heartbreaking. but is anybody surprised? whiteness was so brutally unjust at that time, facing mounting pressure to change but desperately trying to turn back the clock and retain white dominance no matter what

and think about this, it was 1955! idk about you but when i think of white racial brutality its easy to think of it like it happened hundreds of years ago. but the last legal lynching of a black man happened in 1946 or something ridiculously recent like that. how shocking that less that one persons lifetime ago we had these kinds of grossly unjust things still happening

equally disgusting is how so much of blackness and enabling whiteness tries to connect the trayvon martin tragedy to this one. trayvon martin was a classic gangstaholic hoodlum in training. he certainly didnt deserve to die for his mistakes, but it was his own reliance on gangsta standards of the proactive use of extreme violence that got him killed. zimmerman was definitely an !@#$, but it was trayvon that decided to backtrack AWAY from the safety of his own home to go back toward someone who he thought was disrespecting him. its was the bad standards of blackness that i just talked about that got that classic teenage thug killed. connecting that incident to emmitt till is culturally criminal

http://www.mediaite.com/online/chelsea-clinton-at-a-loss-for-words-over-trump-black-history-month-speech/

Well, the election, it came out really well. Next time we’ll triple the number or quadruple it. We want to get It over 51, right. At least 51.

Well, this Is Black History Month, so this Is our little breakfast, our little get-together. And just a few notes. During this month, we honor the tremendous history of the African-Americans throughout our country. Throughout the world, if you really think about It, right. And their story Is one of unimaginable sacrifice, hard work, and faith in America. I’ve gotten a real glimpse during the campaign; I’d go around with Ben to a lot of places that I wasn’t so familiar with. They’re incredible people. And I want to thank Ben Carson, who’s going to be heading up HUD, and it’s a big job, and it’s a job that’s not only housing. It’s mind and spirit, right? And you understand that. Nobody’s going to be better than Ben.

Last month we celebrated the life of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. whose Incredible example Is unique In American history. You read all about Dr. Martin Luther King a week ago when somebody said I took the statue out of my office. And It turned out that that was fake news. The statue Is cherished. It’s one of the favorite things – and we have some good ones. We have Lincoln, and we have Jefferson, and we have Dr. Martin Luther King. And we have other. But they said the statue, the bust, of Dr. Martin Luther King was taken out of the office. And It was never even touched. So I think it was a disgrace, but that’s the way the press is. It’s very unfortunate.

I am very proud now that we have a museum, National Mall, where people can learn about Reverend King, so many other things, Frederick Doug – Douglass Is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job that is being recognized more and more, I notice. Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, and millions more black Americans who made Americans what It Is today. Big Impact. I’m proud to honor this heritage and will be honoring it more and more.

Folks at the table, in almost all cases, have been great friends and supporters. And Darrell, I met Darrel when he was defending me on television. And the people that were on the other side of the argument didn’t have a chance, right. And Paris has done an amazing job In a very hostile CNN community; he’s all by himself. Seven people and Paris. I’ll take Paris over the seven. But I don’t watch CNN, so I don’t get to see you as much. I don’t like watching fake news. But Fox has treated me very nice, wherever Fox is, thank you. We’re going to need better schools, and we need ’em soon. We need more jobs, we need better wages, a lot better wages. We’re going to work very hard on the inner city. Ben’s going to be doing that, big league, that’s one of his big things that we’re going to be looking at. We need safer communities and we’re going to do that with law enforcement. We’re going to make it safe. We’re going to make it much better than it is right now. Right now it’s terrible.

I saw you talking about it the other night, Paris, on something else that was really – you did a fantastic job the other night on a very unrelated show. I’m ready to do my part, and I will say this, we’re going to work together. This is a great group, this is a group that’s been so special to me, you really helped me a lot. If you remember, I wasn’t going to do well with the African- American community, and after they heard me speaking and talking about the inner city and lots of other things, we ended up getting, Iwon’t go into details, but we ended up getting substantially more than other candidates who had run in the past years. And now we’re going to take that to new levels. I want to thank my television star over here – Omarosa’s actually a very nice person. Nobody knows that. I don’t want to destroy her reputation. She is a very good person and she’s been helpful right from the beginning with the campaign and I appreciate it, I really do. Very special. So I want to thank everybody for being here.

:lol:

Wow

I think the race issue is best explained in this Op-Ed from a Penn State student.

"Privilege Does Not Exist To White Penn Professors"

I stopped going to his class for a month. With different emotions going through my head from not only this class but from the Trump election, I did not want to step foot into another white space until I made sure that my mental health was restored.

These are the types of things that happen when white teachers do not want to acknowledge their privileges; they can psychologically hurt their students. It is not enough to be aware of your privilege. It is also not enough to be a nice person. Your niceness does not mean that you are not capable of contributing to racial systems of oppression

It is not enough that you are sorry for the injustices caused by your people. It is not enough that you read one article on the Black Lives Matter movement because your black friend recommended it to you. It is not enough that you gave your black students extensions on their papers because Trump got elected.

:wallbash:

I think the race issue is best explained in this Op-Ed from a Penn State student.

I stopped right here:

not recognizing that since we live in a society that does not value black lives, we cannot assume that everyone is on the same playing field.

How have we so psychologically damaged these kids?

Edited by Chef Jim

Any rational person thinks that's far more than enough.

If I was black and I was given an extension on a paper that was due because I was black I'd kick the !@#$er in the nuts. But then again I can't relate because I'm white and life was handed to me on a silver plate. :doh:

Nit Pick:

That's University of Pennsylvania, the Ivy League school.

So you can safely ratchet up the "stupid PC" factor by about 3x.