Let's Talk Race Issues

Meathead

i dont understand the first question, mainly bc i didnt say that. please elaborate

to the second question i would say yes, for two reasons. first, having a perceived black man in the WH emboldened racist and borderline racist blacks to expand their one-way definition of racism to be even more white-only centric than it already was. thats why BLM was able to thrive as we even saw black churches set up tables in Ferguson extolling the narrative that whites were to blame for all of this. i would also say that some whites emboldened their own racism at the sight of a 'black' man in 'their' house, they didnt like seeing a person of color in what was always previously their job, so their racism surged back for a spell

i think the white part of that settled down by the time obamas second term rolled around. the black racism continued to flourish, however, as there still was virtually no push back to an expanding one-way black agenda of white-only racism. it wasnt until we drove the seething mass of disaffected whites to the polls that we exposed our enormous blunder. now its going to take the better part of the next decade to work back to where we could and should have been shortly after obamas election: with ppl from both sides working together to stop this cycle of blame and unite under common causes instead of creating new race wars

i dont even get that

You stated that:

fortunately we have a golden example staring us right in the face: the fact that we elected trump should be the shocker that wakes you up to the reality that we MUST do something different now.

This is coming on the heels of overwhelming victories for the first black President in his elections. Is Trump truly a "wake-up call" when the last 8 years have been a historical leap for Afro-Americans?

But even though a hefty contigent of white folks voted for Obama, they were emboldened in their racism by seeing him there? What?

This takes talking out of your ass to a whole new level.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a little housecleaning here ...

You're way beyond everyone here on race...yet in a discussion that has been exclusively about presidential policy w/r/t the opposition party, you're the first one to bring up race?

lol!

do i reeally have to go back and find some of your posts that diverted the topic of a thread? holy smokes dude

Isn't it obvious? He's so far advanced that he can insult blacks (bidness?) Yet thinks that every GOP member of both legislative chambers opposed Obama simply because he is black.

exactly how is using a black colloquialism insulting to blacks? if i use colloquialisms for other races does that automatically equate to insulting them? consider all the widespread use of redneck colloquialisms before you answer

and i didnt even come close to claiming that second part

your experiences in niagara falls communities are not a representation of neighborhoods around the country. neighborhoods in High Point would get you shunned. neighborhoods in burlington would get you stabbed. neighborhoods in south toledo would get you run over. your experiences of being robin hood, mother tersea and ghandi are not applicable in the world because they're only small moments in time and opportunity.

wny, rochester, nyc, wdc, atlanta. pretty much everywhere i have lived or traveled i have been a civil rights worker. naturally, of course, bc it simply has been part of my life since as long as i can remember, thanks to my wonderful mother who loved everybody

You stated that:

fortunately we have a golden example staring us right in the face: the fact that we elected trump should be the shocker that wakes you up to the reality that we MUST do something different now.

This is coming on the heels of overwhelming victories for the first black President in his elections. Is Trump truly a "wake-up call" when the last 8 years have been a historical leap for Afro-Americans?

the only major historical leap we had taken by electing obama was putting a perceived black man in the office. surely that was indeed a momentous occasion, but it only represented the start of a potential change for the better, not the actual change itself

But even though a hefty contigent of white folks voted for Obama, they were emboldened in their racism by seeing him there? What?

i was referring to racist whites and blacks that had their own different attachments to racism flourish after the election for different reasons. i was not talking about non-racist blacks or whites at all

This takes talking out of your ass to a whole new level.

im not going to tolerate being spoken to like that. this was your last shot. if you want replies you will need to address me reasonably

the only major historical leap we had taken by electing obama was putting a perceived black man in the office. surely that was indeed a momentous occasion, but it only represented the start of a potential change for the better, not the actual change itself

i was referring to racist whites and blacks that had their own different attachments to racism flourish after the election for different reasons. i was not talking about non-racist blacks or whites at all

im not going to tolerate being spoken to like that. this was your last shot. if you want replies you will need to address me reasonably

A perceived black man? What does that mean? How is the act a potential change when it is something done for the first time in history? What would define a true change if not achieving the highest position in the land? Would the first Native American President or Woman President elected only be potential changes for those groups?

Who are the racist whites? What data do you have to say that non-racists voted for him or that racists did not? Do you have links? Studies? Polls? Anything that can be propped up as proof?

Apologies for my crassness, but it seems to me you're making sweeping generalizations with no data to defend your point.

How do you define a racist? Someone who didn't like Obama when he was President? Someone who voted for Trump? It sounds to me as though those are your two criteria, and I highly suggest you rethink those assumptions or at least defend them if you wish to avoid further ridicule around here.

I don't mean to dissuade you from voicing your opinion or going at length to defend it, but a man standing on a soap box spouting his world view without a shred of evidence will not be well-received anywhere, but especially not on PPP. At least without heavy disclaimers. I've gotten murdered here several times for forgetting that simple truth.

Make an argument.

Edited by FireChan

time my padawan

rest assured you are actually asking good questions. i have mature material that covers all of that so kudos on finding parts of the right path so far

lets see if we can draw out a few more of these oozing sores so that maybe we can address several at once. ppl can only take so much, we have to let them come to it a little on their own first

plus even im tired from the effort. i need a little break myself

i want to go to lunch with meathead, EII and DC Tom.

I would remain quiet. I would bring up topics and give them each 2 minutes to discuss their opinion. Tom would be chained to the chair and sharp objects removed.

lmao!

who says we would let you MC? drunk on sawdust whiskey and fondling your garter belted sheep girlfriend. ive been through that exercise with half my family. it never goes well

lol!

do i reeally have to go back and find some of your posts that diverted the topic of a thread? holy smokes dude

exactly how is using a black colloquialism insulting to blacks? if i use colloquialisms for other races does that automatically equate to insulting them? consider all the widespread use of redneck colloquialisms before you answer

and i didnt even come close to claiming that second part

wny, rochester, nyc, wdc, atlanta. pretty much everywhere i have lived or traveled i have been a civil rights worker. naturally, of course, bc it simply has been part of my life since as long as i can remember, thanks to my wonderful mother who loved everybody

blablabalablabalbal

you are workign with civil rights. that means you cater to a specific bunch of people looking to work with you

the ones who you need to work with realize you'll do nothing for them and pretty much avoid you and any other beautcratic or 'oranizer' because they simply realize youll only interfere with the life they want ot lead.

again you look to find one specific thing. you look hard enoguh youll find it every time.

time my padawan

rest assured you are actually asking good questions. i have mature material that covers all of that so kudos on finding parts of the right path so far

lets see if we can draw out a few more of these oozing sores so that maybe we can address several at once. ppl can only take so much, we have to let them come to it a little on their own first

lmao!

who says we would let you MC? drunk on sawdust whiskey and fondling your garter belted sheep girlfriend. ive been through that exercise with half my family. it never goes well

tom would not be allowed sharp objects because he would not try to harm you two. he would try to harm himself to escape.

eric would than try to give him a hug and express sympathy for him whilst you proclaimed that he was resisting progression and denying your opportunity to say something. eric would than play the role of your dad whilst you act like mom and continue to yell at the bag boy of the A&P (tom) for not knowing that you have to double bag the celery. tom wouldn't give a **** and just want to be done. eric would try to make excuses of why you're so crazy. you so crazy. but eric is still just as crazy associated with you. tom is limited in his ability to interact with the world because of his experience (over or under) so he sticks to what works best and avoids the crowd.

tl,dr: Tom is a recluse. meat is a quack. eii is a cuck.

time my padawan

lmao!

That's a bad tact. Focus your own points and discuss them on their merit alone. If you try to address too many, you'll no doubt over stretch yourself and insufficiently cover any of them and you will be subsequently picked apart.

a fair point

ive been doing this a long time so i think i know how to handle that danger. but i will keep your advice in mind

the problem is im trying to do two things at the same time: unravel old entrenched bias and lay a new foundation

if you try to skip right to the end the old bias will lay in wait and sabotage you in the end. then you have to try to start over, but by then the feeding frenzy has started and the mobbing can overwhelm. such to your point

so you really have no choice but to try to tackle them separately ... and at the same time. its tough

a fair point

ive been doing this a long time so i think i know how to handle that danger. but i will keep your advice in mind

the problem is im trying to do two things at the same time: unravel old entrenched bias and lay a new foundation

if you try to skip right to the end the old bias will lay in wait and sabotage you in the end. then you have to try to start over, but by then the feeding frenzy has started and the mobbing can overwhelm. such to your point

so you really have no choice but to try to tackle them separately ... and at the same time. its tough

meathead. meathead danger. danger is my last name. i fear no man. for i am a head of meat and danger. for no man has known the danger of all the head i have meat.

seriously. there is no danger in being wrong on the internet you idiot. when you've been called out over being wrong countless times and how absurd you are...you have dared threaten us with the whole "ima take my ball and bat home because you won't play nice with me." trust me. we don't need you. we can play with ourselves just fine.

oh beleed me, im wrong a lot. and i dont mind admitting it. actually i already have when i stated i was hyperbolic in stating hillary was the most qualified ever while temporarily forgetting such mega qualified folks as poppy and colin were in the convo

but im probably not going to be wrong much about race issues. ive been doing this a loooooong time and ive worked out a great many kinks in the material. you are always welcome to poke holes, and i will plant a slobbery one on your cheek (face) if you can favor me with a revelation on that topic. but you will be hard pressed to find a legitimate cranny in that hardened logic and reason

and when i refuse to respond its not bc i dont have enough to talk about. lord knows, right? its bc the person im not responding to is being unreasonable and i know its a waste of time. i cant fix everybody, im going to work with the ppl that are workable

meat is a quack.

hey ill take quack at this point

in many circles im automatically branded a racist just for having the nerve to suggest blacks could be something other than a universal victim. so quack is an improvement

woo hoo, progress!!

lol!

There's a difference between hijacking a nonsensical thread with nonsense, and hijacking a thread by making it about race while simultaneously calling all the other people who weren't talking about race "racist."

You know who else was obsessed with race but blamed everyone else for it? Hitler...

A perceived black man? What does that mean?

Yeah, I was wondering that as well.

It seems to me that too many people place too much emphasis on race.

There's an overwhelming amount of pompous in this thread.

It's a long line so be prepared to wait

Gosh, I wish the rest of us were as experienced and knowledgeable as you. Please, continue to pontificate - once you've dealt with that long line first, of course.

Good lord, you make Baskin look humble by comparison.