Deshaun Watson a Bargain in 1st for Bills - DP

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson is like a piece of clay that you can mold into something special!

Then the question becomes do you have the right people to mold him into what he should become? Or better yet will the FO and fans give him time to be molded into something special.

Mike Mayock described EJ as a piece of clay

Piece of something.

Then the question becomes do you have the right people to mold him into what he should become? Or better yet will the FO and fans give him time to be molded into something special.

No kidding. We lose our minds if a QB throws an interception in OTAs. How are we going to give a piece of clay 3-4 years to develop? We will want the next hype in the next draft.

Ryan Nassib was a bargain at 8.

cold.jpg

Piece of something.

No kidding. We lose our minds if a QB throws an interception in OTAs. How are we going to give a piece of clay 3-4 years to develop? We will want the next hype in the next draft.

I feel bad for em. Hope he gets a back up role on another team. Hate to see anyone lose their job.

The fans don't make decisions.

Fans have more power than you expect. They can get people shipped out of town in order to keep the seats filled and or get someone fired.

Fans effect the bottom line for $$ which effect the FO which effects the coach which effects the Players.

Fans have more power than you expect. They can get people shipped out of town in order to keep the seats filled and or get someone fired.

Fans effect the bottom line for $$ which effect the FO which effects the coach which effects the Players.

That's an excuse for the decision maker's lack of foresight. If you think a QB will be good, you play him no matter what the fans think.

If our decision makers think they have a good QB but give up on him because ticket sales aren't great, we'll never ever end the drought.

Yep stay away from QBs in the 1st because you been burnt in the past....

Best way to keep the streak alive

They should keep Tyrod and draft someone. If Tyrod sucks, the rookie cap hit is so low that it doesn't matter, and Tyrod becomes a trade chip in 2018 since most of his bonus is paid out. Eagles went this route and got who they think is their guy. And a pick back for Bradford

would you guys trade 10, next years 1 and 2019 2nd for the 2 pick to get watson?

No. I am a Watson fan he is my QB1 in this draft but I do not think he is a talent you trade up for.

I do however think he is better than the two that were traded up for last year. Those were both horrible decisions in my mind.

No. I am a Watson fan he is my QB1 in this draft but I do not think he is a talent you trade up for.

I do however think he is better than the two that were traded up for last year. Those were both horrible decisions in my mind.

I would rather have Wentz than Watson. But I could agree with you that Watson better than Goff.

Just to clarify, no trade up at all or just not into the top two?

If he drops to 5, do you wait or pull the trigger?

I would rather have Wentz than Watson. But I could agree with you that Watson better than Goff.

I am confident I will be proven right on both. I didn't hate Wentz. I did have a first round grade on him but it was a low first. The type of guy who you pick if he drops to you but you do not trade up for.

I am with you on all of this. I think that we both probably like Watson a little more than most people here. He feels like a guy that became overly scrutinized because we've seen a lot of him. He makes some poor decisions and can be a little inconsistent but he can make all of the throws. He plays his best when the lights are the brightest. I like Watson. I don't see anybody that I would trade up for here. Over the last 4 drafts (including this one) the only 2 guys that were or are worth a trade up IMO are Winston and Mariota. Maybe that is a little hindsight on my part but they felt like they were going to be good players for different reasons. I think that 2018 may have some candidates.

Just to clarify, no trade up at all or just not into the top two?

If he drops to 5, do you wait or pull the trigger?

I wouldn't trade up for him. I wouldn't totally hate it if they did... but I wouldn't if I was the GM.

I would take him at 10 though if he got there.

There may be 2018 QBs that it might be worth moving up for. So far I haven't got into them enough to have a strong view.

I am confident I will be proven right on both. I didn't hate Wentz. I did have a first round grade on him but it was a low first. The type of guy who you pick if he drops to you but you do not trade up for.

I like Mahomes and Trubisky the best. I want the Bills to try to get an extra 2nd round and take Mahomes around 18 to 23.

This is a loaded draft and the Bills need to restock the cupboard.

This - totally agree but I still like Mahomes the most after Trubisky. Mahommes reminds me of a young but more athletic Aaron Rodgers.

More athletic than a young Rogers was? I don't think ANY WB in this draft compares to Rogers, a QB whoneill probably be a 1st ballot HOFer.

Over the last 4 drafts (including this one) the only 2 guys that were or are worth a trade up IMO are Winston and Mariota. Maybe that is a little hindsight on my part but they felt like they were going to be good players for different reasons.

Agree. And not hindsight. I said on here before that draft I would take Mariota #1 but that either was a worthy #1 pick in that draft. They were 2 of my top 3 players in that draft.