Aaron Rodgers 0-35

section122

Rodgers can't win close games. He's bad in clutch situations.

And yet he's got the 2nd highest passer rating in the last 5 minutes of a game when trailing by 8 or less (among the QBs examined).

Funny how statistics can tell two opposite stories.

Absolutely!

If we were discussing TT though I'm sure that stat would be chalked up to garbage time lol.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is he playing by himself out there. Team game bro, these stats are all just noise.

So what does matter when evaluating him? Getting the ball out on time? Making reads in the middle of the field?

It's great he adds to the run game but he won't be the answer until he can do some stuff reliably that he hasn't shown -- and until then the noise (stats) will reflect he's a limited passer.

When trailing in the 4th,quarter by more than 1 point against teams with a winning record.

You know why I posted this stat Tyrod haters.

So what I got out of that article is Rodgers drives GB for a late score to take the lead in the 4th qtr, then GB opponent drives the field and retakes the lead, then Rodgers tries to drive the field again and score with so little time left for the win but isn't successful. Flawed article.

Nice try CoT, pathetic comparison actually.

When trailing in the 4th,quarter by more than 1 point against teams with a winning record.

You know why I posted this stat Tyrod haters.

What about when trailing by exactly one point?

1 point will win or lose a game for a team, and requires a score to win or tie, just as 2 points and 3 points do

Not saying it is here, but sometimes caveats like this are a clue to statistical finagling

Let's do a thought exercise. Let's say we had the Eagles D instead of the Bils D in 2016. The Eagles D - not ranked in the top 10 in points or yards - allowed 20.7 points per game. If only Rex could have delivered that.

So let's say we gave up exactly 20.7 games on D every game. We would have finished 11-5, maybe 12-4 if TT had been allowed to play the last game.

Here's another point of view. With Lynn as OC and TT under center, the Bills scored a whopping 27 points per game. Let's compare that to the glory years of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed:

1990: 26.8

1991: 28.6

1992: 23.8

1993: 20.6

Tyrod is a flawed QB. He doesn't lead enough 4th quarter come-backs. His accuracy is inconsistent. He waits for receivers to get open instead of throwing them open. Etc.

Nonetheless, he led a potent offense that would have been a lot less potent with a less dynamic QB. Tyrod played well enough that - with a competent defense - the Bills should have been in the playoffs.

Edited by hondo in seattle

So what I got out of that article is Rodgers drives GB for a late score to take the lead in the 4th qtr, then GB opponent drives the field and retakes the lead, then Rodgers tries to drive the field again and score with so little time left for the win but isn't successful. Flawed article.

You just basically described this season's Dolphins game.

So the Packers have experienced the end of the 2nd Miami game 35 times? That sounds awful.

what about our defense choking? giving up the lead to miami?

Sure one game.

What about our defense sacking Wilson and putting the ball in TT's hands in Seattle? What about TT throwing game sealing INTs versus the Iggles? The several TOD's we've had in one score games?

If you want to tell me the defense didn't do TT a lot of favors, I can get on board. I hated Rex from the start, I was saying he was a hack mid 2015 and I knew they were kinda sucky. But the bottom line is in a one score or tie game with 4 minutes to go, TT fell asleep almost every time. Period.

You can squeeze into the playoffs with a game manager QB and a great defense. You cannot win a Super Bowl without a clutch game manager.

Edited by FireChan

TT is an average to below average starter. If the heavens align he could take you to the playoffs - true. But he's inaccurate, slow on delivery and takes way to long to recognize an open receiver. If this is all tha makes you happy, well then he's your guy. I want a real franchise QB like that loser Aaron Rodgers.