Dumpster fire in Indy- will ESPN report?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure. I do know I'd rather have postseason wins than Pro Bowlers though. Along with a ProBowl QB who actually deserves it.

The first post was essentially "Colts suck worse than the Bills." Don't open that can of worms if you don't wanna get dirty.

TY Hilton in the 3rd? Fleener, Allen, Mewhort, Montcrief, Vontae Davis.

Hughes was Nix. And he's still gotten us zero playoff games.

Yep, but it's a results driven business and he got the result. Some folks get luckier than others. You don't get points for trying in the NFL.

See directly above.

That isn't a plus for him though. Do you give the Oilers credit for being shrewd enough to take McDavid? Or the Cavs LeBron? When franchise changers are out there everyone knows to take them. Those aren't feathers in your cap. Those are obvious decisions. There aren't guys like that all of the time but maybe 5 a decade in all 4 sports combined.

If you want to give him credit for Hilton, I'd agree. You don't get credit for taking Luck at 1, you get fired if you don't.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not sure. I do know I'd rather have postseason wins than Pro Bowlers though. Along with a ProBowl QB who actually deserves it.

The first post was essentially "Colts suck worse than the Bills." Don't open that can of worms if you don't wanna get dirty.

TY Hilton in the 3rd? Fleener, Allen, Mewhort, Montcrief, Vontae Davis.

Hughes was Nix. And he's still gotten us zero playoff games.

Yep, but it's a results driven business and he got the result. Some folks get luckier than others. You don't get points for trying in the NFL.

See directly above.

And now he's fired. And Doug Whaley is still the Bill GM. Deal with it son

I live in Indy. Grigson is very unpopular with fans, media and the players. Irsay was lauded by local media as being lucid and composed. That speaks volumes about him. The players, off the record, would complain that Grigson was arrogant The timing of the firing is odd.

I live in Indy. Grigson is very unpopular with fans, media and the players. Irsay was lauded by local media as being lucid and composed. That speaks volumes about him. The players, off the record, would complain that Grigson was arrogant The timing of the firing is odd.

Jimmy Raye can handle the draft prep. And Grigson's job, too. Considering he was likely already doing it. Edited by YoloinOhio

Grigson drafts a franchise QB, wins GMOTY, oversees 3 11-5, and 2 8-8 seasons and gets canned.

Doug Whaley oversees 1 6-10 season, 1 9-7, 1 8-8 and 1 7-9, and has no franchise QB. Stays.

Go Bills?

They should've done a full rebuild the year they drafted him.

Instead they decided to reload and avoid the losing, keeping Wayne, Mathis and a few others. Never got other impact players to surround Luck. Huge mistake.

The Bills QB is a Pro Bowler....

We'll see him in Miami this year?

He was like the seventh alternate last year. Guys kept turning it down. Good for him, but wasn't a big deal.

They should've done a full rebuild the year they drafted him.

Instead they decided to reload and avoid the losing, keeping Wayne, Mathis and a few others. Never got other impact players to surround Luck. Huge mistake.

100% agree!! They had a clean slate and a can't miss star QB. They should have made it their mission to grow with him and surround him with talent to move forward with. Instead they tried to hang on with a roster that was terrible the year before. They've never dug out from it and that's the ultimate indictment on Grigson. He was terrible at his job. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Context means everything...Grigson has done little else other than draft Luck. Whaley has done quite a bit, including fleecing Grigson to get Hughes for a box of donuts

You're right, but as for the "quite a bit," it includes a lot of good as well as a lot of bad.

I also agree the Colts mistake was trying to draft Luck and reload.

When you draft a potential 15 year franchise star like Andrew Luck you have to make it your job to protect him. Until this year when they drafted Ryan Kelly the Colts have singularly failed to do this.

Their defenisve line is equally lightweight too. They have not built in the trenches.

The Defensive albatross aside, An OL and running game would be nice. And no, a 30+ Frank Gore isn't what I mean.

Draft a real RB ffs at some point.

I was shocked they did the right thing with ryan Kelly in the first last year, but too little too late.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Grigson drafts a franchise QB, wins GMOTY, oversees 3 11-5, and 2 8-8 seasons and gets canned.

Doug Whaley oversees 1 6-10 season, 1 9-7, 1 8-8 and 1 7-9, and has no franchise QB. Stays.

Go Bills?

Not for nothing but considering they have a franchise QB, that division is a crap shoot most years and we didn't have a franchise qb I'd say it's about even maybe slightly favoring the colts.

It's not exactly easy playing against the pats twice a year with 2 almost guaranteed losses on the schedule.

Jimmy Raye can handle the draft prep. And Grigson's job, too. Considering he was likely already doing it.

That was the opinion on local sports radio. Raye is the man to lead them up to the draft.

100% agree!! They had a clean slate and a can't miss star QB. They should have made it their mission to grow with him and surround him with talent to move forward with. Instead they tried to hang on with a roster that was terrible the year before. They've never dig out from it and that's the ultimate indictment on Grigson. He was terrible at his job.

Several bad drafts and poor FA signings have hamstrung them. They have talent at offense skill positions but the line is one of the worst.

Grigson just fired. Coach in limbo. Crazy dr't have the deceug addict owner undermining staff and sneaking around behind their back. OBD a dumpster fire ?

Dam right. Jeez, they tore the Bills a new A-Hole because we fired Rex & the GM & interim didn't speak well at a press conference. I don't know much about Grigson but Isray is a piece of sh*t. His hot headed alcoholic father move the Baltimore Colts out of town in the middle of the night. Jim Isray has been arrested & involved in several shaky incidents. Man, if that happened with the Bills, they would be calling for blood----sale of the team, relocation from Buffalo, etc. Screw the Israys.

That was the opinion on local sports radio. Raye is the man to lead them up to the draft.

Several bad drafts and poor FA signings have hamstrung them. They have talent at offense skill positions but the line is one of the worst.

The line stinks, the backs are below average and the TEs are okay. TY is good but Moncrief and Dorsett are no better than decent IMO. Also, they only had 17 takeaways and 33 sacks on defense. That doesn't go real well with the 25th ranked run defense.