Sal C. on Rex: Latest In Earliest to Leave HC

Fadingpain

I am not a big fan of this thinking. Some people who are early in and late to leave are simply inefficient. Not saying Rex was, but time in a desk chair doesn't mean squat to me. Could he not be reviewing tape on an iPad at his house?

He absolutely could be reviewing tape at his house, and doesn't have to be on an iPad.

Thing is, if you're the Boss Man, and you have a lot of assistants and 2 OCs doing installs and reviewing practices and so forth, they may need to find you and they can't if you're not there.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I have a different view and believe the opposite. How dare I post a different view. The Horror!

I wonder if it's because your view is getting further removed from reality as more information filters in?

I thought you were letting it go?

I was responding to your post. I am still at the office. I am going to drive home now and let you guys carry on without any dissenting opinion (I know how much some of you hate that) and get the last word.

My last two words for now will be: Myopia and irony.

Good night.

I am beginning to wonder about this as well.

I know that you guys will be surprised by my saying this, but I just think this is another attempt by someone (we can guess) to throw Rex under the bus. I also cannot think of anyone who enjoyed being a football coach more than Rex. Whether you like him or not, my understanding is that he LOVED being at the facility with the guys.

These coaches (all of them except Steve Spurrier) work their freaking asses off. Being an NFL coach is a tough gig.

Love being at the facility with the guys is one thing. Love being at the facility before your assistants and most of the players get there so you can soak in and get stuff done without interruptions, then love being at the facility after the players and FO guys go home and thoughts of your wife's lovely feet start to intrude is something else. It's one thing to love the hoopla and another to love the grind.

Sal was quite clear... someone who has bee there forever... this is NOT coming from Whaley. It is coming from one of the lifers.

Rex Ryan quit on being a Head Football Coach once he realised he was lousy at it. That often happens wih his personality type. Once they realise they can't back up the talk they check out.

Hmmm! Overdorf? Russ? Munson? Berchtold? Bud Carpenter?

Rex Ryan quit on being a Head Football Coach once he realised he was lousy at it. That often happens wih his personality type. Once they realise they can't back up the talk they check out.

Still, I couldn't believe in the press conference after his last game, Rex was questioned about his defense and he was still delusional in saying he stood by his resume.

I am beginning to wonder about this as well.

I know that you guys will be surprised by my saying this, but I just think this is another attempt by someone (we can guess) to throw Rex under the bus. I also cannot think of anyone who enjoyed being a football coach more than Rex. Whether you like him or not, my understanding is that he LOVED being at the facility with the guys.

These coaches (all of them except Steve Spurrier) work their freaking asses off. Being an NFL coach is a tough gig.

Can't remember anyone ever described Rex by how hard he worked... there's no conspiracy here.

You want to look inside real coaching, watch this (it's a hard watch, but educational):

You guys love to sit around in a circle j--k and trash Rex. It is amusing how much it upsets some of you guys that someone would dare have a different opinion.

Some people might call that myopia.

I liked Rex but his failures were on full display every week and got worse as time went on.

IMO he played the Pegulas, so he deserves everything he gets from the fans. In the end he did it to himself.

Edited by old school

I am assuming from here on out you do this intentionally.

The Big Cat rarely has an outright TAKE on something......the bulk of his output here is snark........but when he does have conviction it's generally because it's a poor take that he just thinks is above the comprehension of those on TSW.

HEAT MAPS.

The Big Cat rarely has an outright TAKE on something......the bulk of his output here is snark........but when he does have conviction it's generally because it's a poor take that he just thinks is above the comprehension of those on TSW.

HEAT MAPS.

Would you say your crusade against Shady is a "TAKE" or "snark."

If true, pretty sad when you dedicate the season to your Dad and talk about restoring the family name.

Now that you mention it, maybe losing his dad made his priorities change? Not an excuse, just trying to understand what happened.

Now that you mention it, maybe losing his dad made his priorities change? Not an excuse, just trying to understand what happened.

This makes sense with the added context that he wanted to see his son play ball every chance he got. Also makes sense why didn't resign; might as well take the money too!

Would you say your crusade against Shady is a "TAKE" or "snark."

For all the guff I get about predicting Shady would be released prior to the 2017 season....... people forget that EVERYTHING I predicted he would do in the 2015 season came to fruition.

He was injury prone, distracted and underproduced in the system because of stubbornness and bad habits like taking every carry to the sideline(which was a key reason why he fell out of favor in Philly).

I said at the end of 2015 it was on him to make the changes because he should be running for 5.5 ypc in this offense and scoring a bunch of TD's. I then credited and praised him when HE ADMITTED that he had to get his act together that offseason. And he then ran for 5.4 ypc and scored those TD's he was leaving on the field in 2015.

But I was just SOOOOOO wrong now, wasn't I?

You may not like the way I make my points but I'm not just on here trollin' because I'm mad about being criticized for a poor take like our boy The Big Cat.

And I don't come on here and just trash players or coaches without pointing out strengths and weaknesses.........my takes aren't "crusades" they are balanced observations and reasonable predictions that YOU just happen to disagree with(and are subsequently usually wrong about :devil:).

It's interesting that Rex himself seems to have caused it to end before the second season was complete. I get not wanting to be a lame duck, but I'd have expected him to stick it out, not force their hands asking for the early execution. Interesting, but i don't really know what it means.

Deleted that one when I realized I was re-opening a can of worms.

that was something I admired about him with the Jets, he divided his locker room and failed but at least he went down with his ship no matter how ugly it got.

that was something I admired about him with the Jets, he divided his locker room and failed but at least he went down with his ship no matter how ugly it got.

OK, I did the same.

OK, I did the same.

The answer is clear, to me at least.

This was never Rex's team. Ever. You saw it over the last 2 years, the defense never rallied around him like some of those Jets teams did. They rolled over and died a lot. They took shots at him through the media a lot.

I think Rex knew he didn't have the locker room's support and ended it.

The answer is clear, to me at least.

This was never Rex's team. Ever. You saw it over the last 2 years, the defense never rallied around him like some of those Jets teams did. They rolled over and died a lot. They took shots at him through the media a lot.

I think Rex knew he didn't have the locker room's support and ended it.

I can see some truth in that. Plus, he probably had some weekend plans (likely Clemson related...were they still playing? :). )

I dont think I've ever seen an NFL HC leave a job because he had a conflict!