Sal C. on Rex: Latest In Earliest to Leave HC

Fadingpain

Sal C. just now on WGR 550 said he was talking to someone inside the Bills organization who has been there forever.

The contact said Rex Ryan was the latest in/earliest to leave HC he has ever seen.

Makes sense. The team didn't seem prepared on some Sundays.

Thought it was an interesting comment.

Edited by Fadingpain

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal C. just now on WGR 550 said he was talking to someone inside the Bills organization who has been there forever.

The contact said Rex Ryan was the latest in/earliest to live HC he has ever seen.

That's why he told ALynn he'll be head coach. Rex already checked out mentally.

That's why he told ALynn he'll be head coach. Rex already checked out mentally.

I thought of that connection too. I don't think we'll see Rex as a coach again.

First, no one is going to hire him. Second, he doesn't have it in him to live that lifestyle anymore, apparently.

Club Rex! Ya think his approach had any impact on the other coaches, players, and the organization. :doh::thumbdown:

The thing that is creepy is that we really did seem extra prepared or ready for some big games.

Looking back, you can almost tell the games where Rex really took it personally and gave it all he had in the week leading up to the game.

And then in other weeks, not so much.

Yeah, really not surprised to hear this. Kinda of sad, though. I sort of bought into the bravado and kick-ass attitude and thought that he prepared hard for each game. But, it became apparent last year at the Patriots home game of just how unprepared he was for the biggest game of the year. From then in, it became obvious that he didn't really care. Hiring his brother seems to confirm that as well, taking pressure off of him to do more "head coaching". hahaha.....

The thing that is creepy is that we really did seem extra prepared or ready for some big games.

Looking back, you can almost tell the games where Rex really took it personally and gave it all he had in the week leading up to the game.

And then in other weeks, not so much.

He was really disappointing to me is an understatement. I wanted to believe in his bravado, confidence and propensity for playing the loyal Bills coach. It didn't take long to tire of the act without results he promised.

The contact said Rex Ryan was the latest in/earliest to live HC he has ever seen.

This isn't really news but yeah it was obvious to me pretty quickly what was going on.

The first sign was the ridiculous amount of coaches he was hiring.

No leader who is determined to get results wants more managers than they need.

He hired so many people because he was willing to let them do the work and wasn't going to lose any sleep over winning and losing after a trying, constantly criticized term in NY.

His lack of work ethic was really on display this past season. The Clemson trips, hockey games, World Series, etc, etc. A lot a people supported him with the "he can do what he wants on his day off" excuse, but meanwhile the coach we are playing is putting in an 80-hour work week. That laid-back approach seeps down to the players.

Another great story by Sal. Did Rex dump him or something? This is childish.

Imo

I am beginning to wonder about this as well.

I know that you guys will be surprised by my saying this, but I just think this is another attempt by someone (we can guess) to throw Rex under the bus. I also cannot think of anyone who enjoyed being a football coach more than Rex. Whether you like him or not, my understanding is that he LOVED being at the facility with the guys.

These coaches (all of them except Steve Spurrier) work their freaking asses off. Being an NFL coach is a tough gig.

I know that you guys will be surprised by my saying this, but I just think this is another attempt by someone (we can guess) to throw Rex under the bus. I also cannot think of anyone who enjoyed being a football coach more than Rex. Whether you like him or not, my understanding is that he LOVED being at the facility with the guys.

These coaches (all of them except Steve Spurrier) work their freaking asses off. Being an NFL coach is a tough gig.

I was typing out "I hope Peter doesnt see this thread", when it notified me there was a new post and I knew it was too late. :lol::beer:

Are you calling Hammer a liar?