The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And miss out pointing what a fool you are? No 

in the hour since you posted the above: i have gotten a haircut, done some yard work, and took a dump

my last hour has been more productive than you're entire week

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

in the hour since you posted the above: i have gotten a haircut, done some yard work, and took a dump

Did you do them all at the same time??

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KRC said:

So, you can't prove it. That's what I thought. Racist.

You are really stupid 

20 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

This is so stupid. Why would you write something based on complete ignorance? You have no idea how much I have or have not done in an hour or a week. Just stupid. 

Every time Trump is doing bad, you guys go nuts. Take a deep breath. 

37 minutes ago, KRC said:

So, you can't prove it. That's what I thought. Racist.

Imagine if Obama nominated a black man to run the fed. He'd be right up there with Jussie Smollett to get another NAACP award.

But Trump does it, and leftists like @Tiberius show their racist side.

Like I said, I kind of liked it better when they didn't flaunt their hypocrisy like they do now.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Imagine if Obama nominated a black man to run the fed. He'd be right up there with Jussie Smollett to get another NAACP award.

But Trump does it, and leftists like @Tiberius show their racist side.

Like I said, I kind of liked it better when they didn't flaunt their hypocrisy like they do now.

Progressives are certainly not racist... when the uppity minorities stay on the plantation and do as the big blue massa tells them.

12 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Progressives are certainly not racist... when the uppity minorities stay on the plantation and do as the big blue massa tells them.

Progressives are in the Democratic Party, which is much, much more diverse than the Republican Party. Progressivism is all about inclusion. Trying the race card on us just shows your desperation and intellectual bankruptcy 

anyway, Cain is a quacky Gold bug. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/28/herman_cain_return_to_the_gold_standard.html

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

They do like telling blacks how they are supposed to talk and think. You see what they do to blacks who speak their mind and ...gasp...think for themselves. It gets ugly really fast.

*cough*

Short of Workers, U.S. Builders and Farmers Crave More Immigrants

As a tight labor market raises costs, employers say the need for low-wage help can’t be met by the declining ranks of the native-born.

</snip>

Nationwide, the average wage of nonsupervisory workers in residential construction hit $25.34 an hour in January. That’s over 6 percent more than a year earlier, close to the steepest annual increase since the government started keeping track almost 30 years ago. Pay is taking off even among those in less-skilled construction trades.

The gains are part of a broader trend. The tightest labor market in more than half a century is finally lifting the wages of the least-skilled workers on the bottom rung of the labor force, bucking years of stagnation.

</snip>

21 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What is wrong with the nomination?  

What's good with the nomination?  What great economic wisdom does mr cain espouse?  A return  to 19th century economics...

Trump surprised me again, as I said he would be hard-pressed to find a worse pick than Moore....

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TPS said:

What's good with the nomination?  What great economic wisdom does mr cain espouse?  A return  to 19th century economics...

Trump surprised me again, as I said he would be hard-pressed to find a worse pick than Moore....

Please point out to me an any way you possibly can where I said he was good nomination?  

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Please point out to me an any way you possibly can where I said he was good nomination?  

you said what's wrong with it? 

to TDS-infantile minds that means they can twist it any way they like

good thing they have no influence on practically anything going on in the real world today

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you said what's wrong with it? 

to TDS-infantile minds that means they can twist it any way they like

good thing they have no influence on practically anything going on in the real world today

It's like someone barfing up a pizza and me asking "what's wrong with it?" and they come back and say "You like this *****??"

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TPS said:

It was a rhetorical question, not literally asking you to respond.

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's like someone barfing up a pizza and me asking "what's wrong with it?" and they come back and say "You like this *****??"

Again, they have no message. They have no plan. They have no ideas. They have no insight.

What they have is distract and digress. If Cain was nominated by Obama, everyone would be handing out awards.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Again, they have no message. They have no plan. They have no ideas. They have no insight.

What they have is distract and digress. If Cain was nominated by Obama, everyone would be handing out awards.

And interesting I brought up pizza when talking about Cain.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Well actually it was.

9 minutes ago, TPS said:

It was a rhetorical question, not literally asking you to respond.

Oh don't give me that rhetorical question *****.  You point blank asked me what I thought was right with the nomination. Where the follow up questions were rhetorical your first (which was the only one I addressed) was not.   You assumed that because I was quizzing Tibs on why he thought it was bad I thought it was good.  I don't follow this ***** close enough to have an opinion.  

Edited by Chef Jim

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And interesting I brought up pizza when talking about Cain.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Well actually it was.

Oh don't give me that rhetorical question *****.  You point blank asked me what I thought was right with the nomination. Where the follow up questions were rhetorical your first (which was the only one I addressed) was not.   You assumed that because I was quizzing Tibs on why he thought it was bad I thought it was good.  I don't follow this ***** close enough to have an opinion.  

Ok

More "expected" labor news:

Economy added solid 196,000 jobs in March, unemployment stays at 3.8%

Hiring rebounded strongly in March as employers added 196,000 jobs, easing fears that payroll growth is slowing sharply amid a cooling economy.

The unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.8%, the Labor Department said Friday.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg had estimated 175,000 jobs were added last month.

Job gains for January and February were revised up by a modest 14,000.

</snip>

Sure hope this doesn't come up and bite us! And with the debt load the federal government now has, it will be harder to deal with a recession. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/regulatory-crackdown-unlikely-in-us-leve/regulatory-crackdown-unlikely-in-us-leveraged-loan-market-idUSL1N2120Q6

NEW YORK, March 15 (LPC) - The US leveraged loan market is unlikely to see a renewed regulatory crackdown despite mounting criticism of the asset class, as political gridlock in a divided Congress would hold up reform attempts.

Federal Reserve (Fed) Chair Jerome Powell said in late February that the US$1.2trn leveraged loan market does not pose a risk to the broader economy, but is an important supervisory focus. His comments contrast with other regulators who compared loans to subprime mortgages, which were responsible for the 2008 economic crisis.

His predecessor, former Fed Chair Janet Yellen, took a tougher line in late February, when she warned about the potential economic perils of excess corporate debt in leveraged loans for the second time.

“If the economy encounters a downturn, we could see a good deal of corporate distress,” Yellen said at an industry conference in Las Vegas. “If corporations are in distress, they fire workers and cut back on investment spending. And I think that’s something that could make the next recession a deeper recession.”

Yellen’s comments follow earlier warnings by Senator Elizabeth Warren and Bank of England Governor Mark Carney, who both warned of a potentially negative economic impact.

US regulators in 2013 updated Leveraged Lending Guidance (LLG), which said leverage of more than six times “raises concerns.” The Republican administration promised deregulation, however, and President Donald Trump vowed to dismantle the sweeping 2010 Dodd-Frank regulatory reform package after his election in 2016.

Market participants thought that the LLG could be relaxed in 2017 when it was deemed a rule under the Congressional Review Act. Government agencies clarified in September 2018 that guidance does not carry the weight of law and they will not take enforcement action based on it.

Leverage levels are touching new highs as a result, and are averaging 6.9 times in 2019 so far, after dropping to 6.09 times in a volatile fourth quarter, according to LPC data. Leverage ratios hit a record 6.97 times in the third quarter.

“One would say (the leveraged lending guidance) has had an insufficient effect,” said J. Paul Forrester, a partner at law firm Mayer Brown.

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Point of Oar Door, she/he/it could get lamb basted and lose a lot of self of steam in that Twitter ***** Space

Do you have the wear with all to deal with it?

Too bad, Duckdog is oblivious to his continued contributions here.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

So according to the first Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service “Battleground Poll” of the 2020 cycle, Trump has an unfavorable rating of 55%, but 58 percent of voters approve of the job he has done on the economy. ? Yeah, ok. 'He leaves me with more money in my pocket but I am not gonna vote for him' does not quite jive. "It's the economy, stupid" is pretty true. People vote with their wallets. 

And holy cannoli some of these "poll results".  While only 1K people were surveyed you gotta wonder what the breakdown was... stupid vs very stupid would be my guess.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So according to the first Georgetown Institute of Politics and Public Service “Battleground Poll” of the 2020 cycle, Trump has an unfavorable rating of 55%, but 58 percent of voters approve of the job he has done on the economy. ? Yeah, ok. 'He leaves me with more money in my pocket but I am not gonna vote for him' does not quite jive. "It's the economy, stupid" is pretty true. People vote with their wallets. 

And holy cannoli some of these "poll results".  While only 1K people were surveyed you gotta wonder what the breakdown was... stupid vs very stupid would be my guess.

I click that link, and it complains about disabling my ad blocker.

Sure, NBC, I'm going inconvenience myself and reward you for reading your nonsense.  Tell ya what...you start reporting news and not bull####, and I'll disable my ad blocker.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I click that link, and it complains about disabling my ad blocker.

Sure, NBC, I'm going inconvenience myself and reward you for reading your nonsense.  Tell ya what...you start reporting news and not bull####, and I'll disable my ad blocker.

didn't complain about my adblocker (DNSBL on PFSense)

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Basil dealerships has a tv commercial in which they ask rhetorically, is your tax return smaller than you expected? Lol, they know consumers are feeling Trumped by the new tax law! 

You're an idiot. What matters is the overall tax bill for each taxpayer. Car dealerships like the big refunds because of the fact that they were often used as down payments or lease upfront payments. They were similar to interest free savings accounts. Basil is not referring to tax returns but tax refunds---money paid back that was originally overpaid to the government. You must have taken the Maxine Watters economics class.

• Like (+1) 1