The Trump Economy

GG

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nothing.  You're the one that brought it up you numbskull.  Regarding the highlighted?  That's not what you said.  The word you're looking for is EXCLUDING.   

The guy who actually thinks President Obama filled up Lake Ontario to flood stage is accusing me of something? 

Didnt your incredibly stupid ass promise never to talk to me again or bother me in any way?? 

You are an idiot. 

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And when Saint Obama said the police acted stupidly I’m sure he meant ALL police. 

But Trump is a bigot, so his statement has credence. He has said many things that those Nazis would totally agree with. They are part of his constituency 

47 minutes ago, KRC said:

Reading is hard.

For you 

57 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Please turn off CNN

Oh stop. You are just showing yourself to be brainwashed. You are conditioned to think the way you do. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/charlottesville-fox-news-host-donald-trump-kat-timpf-disgusting-anti-fascist-neo-nazi-white-a7895616.html

cnn ??? 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The guy who actually thinks President Obama filled up Lake Ontario to flood stage is accusing me of something? 

Didnt your incredibly stupid ass promise never to talk to me again or bother me in any way?? 

You are an idiot. 

At the time of my post there were many who said plan 2014 was, in part, responsible for the flooding along Lake Ontario.  The majority of the reports I am seeing now show that may, in fact, not be the case. So it looks like I was wrong.  Now can you admit you are wrong for saying Trump excused Nazis?  That is why I'm broke my Tibs silence.  Because I ***** hate people who cannot admit when they are wrong and I was giving you the opportunity to be a man and admit you were wrong.  So are you a man or are you an immature child? (he asks stupidly knowing the answer) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

At the time of my post there were many who said plan 2014 was, in part, responsible for the flooding along Lake Ontario.  The majority of the reports I am seeing now show that may, in fact, not be the case. So it looks like I was wrong.  Now can you admit you are wrong for saying Trump excused Nazis?  That is why I'm broke my Tibs silence.  Because I ***** hate people who cannot admit when they are wrong and I was giving you the opportunity to be a man and admit you were wrong.  So are you a man or are you an immature child? (he asks stupidly knowing the answer) 

I'm saying this for your own good:

STOP IT.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'm saying this for your own good:

STOP IT.

I know it’s like a drug addiction. You can put it down for a while and then you get triggered next thing you know you’re snorting coke off a dead hookers ass. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I know it’s like a drug addiction. You can put it down for a while and then you get triggered next thing you know you’re snorting coke off a dead hookers ass. 

You might want to stop that, too.  Live hookers are more hygienic, slightly.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Take it easy on Jim. Ever since Foie Gras was made illegal he's been as lost as Chuck Rhoades without a foe or a whip. If the good chef wants to snort coke off a hooker's ass, let him. He'd be smart to stay away from the crack though.

I'm very surprised by this:

US new-home sales increased 4.9 percent in February

Sales of new U.S. homes climbed 4.9 percent in February, an indication that falling mortgage rates have given a boost to demand from buyers.

The Commerce Department said Friday that new homes sold at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 667,000 in February, an increase from an upwardly revised 636,000 in January. New-home sales are running 2.8 percent higher through the first two months of 2019 than during the same period last year.

</snip>

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sales of new U.S. homes climbed 4.9 percent in February, an indication that falling mortgage rates have given a boost to demand from buyers.

The Commerce Department said Friday that new homes sold at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 667,000 in February, an increase from an upwardly revised 636,000 in January. New-home sales are running 2.8 percent higher through the first two months of 2019 than during the same period last year.

</snip>

why are you surprised?

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I keep hearing the economy is slowing and housing is cooling. ?‍♀️

there is no doubt the economy is slowing..hence lower interest rates hence more incentive to buy homes. 

Housing starts about the same under Trump as they were under Obama...

BTW, I am a Love Canal baby, and we needed to move my senior year in high school...Big part of the reason we bout the house we did was mortgage was locked in at 9% and was assumable...market rates were close to 18%. Think about that, 18% mortgage rates...wow!!!

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

there is no doubt the economy is slowing..hence lower interest rates hence more incentive to buy homes. 

BTW, I am a Love Canal baby, and we needed to move my senior year in high school...Big part of the reason we bout the house we did was mortgage was locked in at 9% and was assumable...market rates were close to 18%. Think about that, 18% mortgage rates...wow!!!

Link for historical rates if anyone cares. 

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ya, first thing I ever invested in were bonds in the 1980's. The high interest rates were really something good then! 

_____

In other news, Trump is running into trouble with his "new" NAFTA deal. Tariff man will have to yield to get it. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/north-american-trade-deal-faces-early-headwinds-on-capitol-hill/2019/03/29/ef5b0d0c-5178-11e9-88a1-ed346f0ec94f_story.html?utm_term=.5f02d7cff7c7

The administration’s goal is to get the pact approved ahead of Congress’s annual August recess. It’s not clear if that timeline is realistic. But delaying action past Labor Day could greatly increase political risk because of the accelerating presidential campaign.

In the latest obstacle, key Republican senators including Finance Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) have begun insisting stridently that Trump lift steel and aluminum tariffs imposed on Canada and Mexico as a precondition to any congressional vote.

Grassley said in an interview Thursday that he’d made the case directly to Trump at a recent meeting, but that the president refused to budge. Nonetheless, Grassley predicted Trump would have no choice but to give in if he wants the new NAFTA deal — one of the signature promises of his presidential campaign — to advance.

“The tariffs are going to come off because the president has a good agreement,” Grassley said. “It’s just a matter of his realizing that nothing’s going to happen until the tariffs go off. And so the tariffs come off if he wants to get a win

Edited by Tiberius

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Link for historical rates if anyone cares. 

Thanks for this...man, how did anyone sell a house back late 70's, early 80's. Seems impossible to think in the USA rates were that high.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, first thing I ever invested in were bonds in the 1980's. The high interest rates were really something good then! 

I am sure..i assume junk was at what... 25% back then?

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thanks for this...man, how did anyone sell a house back late 70's, early 80's. Seems impossible to think in the USA rates were that high.

I don't know, but the Junk Bond king was around back then. 

Jan 22, 2018 - Nicknamed the "Junk Bond King" in the 1980s, Milken earned between $200 million and $550 million a year at the height of his success.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

</snip>

We went on the market last Friday, had our first open house this past weekend, and was in escrow Tuesday morning.

• Like (+1) 3

It’s Official: US is First Country in World History to Increase GDP by More than $1 Trillion in a Year!

</snip>

For the second year in a row President Trump broke the record for the largest annual increase in GDP in history!  In 2017 the US GDP increased by a record $853 billion.  But this record was shattered in 2018 with an increase of greater than $1 trillion, the largest annual increase in GDP by any country in world history!

</snip>

For the year 2018, according to the US BEA, the US GDP landed at $20.9 trillion for the first time in history being above $20 trillion for the year.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I closed on a house back in '85 that I bought with the VA bill that had a variable interest rate on it of 10.5%. The premium over the treasury rate was very low and I had that loan for over 20 years and it was never worth refinancing to a fixed rate.

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I can tell you’ve lived a pretty sheltered and boring life. When you’re snorting coke off a dead hookers ass the LAST thing you’re thinking is hygiene. 

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Money market rates where 12-13% then so it's all relative.  

We have been lucky so far that this complete idiot has not screwed up things, but he still has time. 

The real reason that Stephen Moore does not belong on the Federal Reserve Board is not that he is unqualified for the job, though he is. Nor is it that he has been a highly partisan and divisive figure for many years, though he has been. The real reason is that, if confirmed by the Senate, Moore could become the Fed chairman — and that is a scary possibility. It could spawn a global financial calamity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-real-reason-stephen-moore-doesnt-belong-on-the-federal-reserve-board/2019/03/31/38b41ace-5233-11e9-88a1-ed346f0ec94f_story.html?utm_term=.c6173ed86e95

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low, Below All Forecasts

Filings for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell, dropping to the lowest since December 1969, as the labor market tightened further. Jobless claims decreased to 202,000 in the week ended March 30, below all economist forecasts, Labor Department figures showed Thursday. The four-week average, a less-volatile measure, declined to 213,500, the lowest since October.

</snip>

image.jpeg.db9fcfa3d1e82f14a7ca906317e3cb65.jpeg

crop_606GettyImages-494875557.JPG

President Trump interviewed Cain, a former GOP presidential candidate, weeks ago and has signaled to aides in recent days that he wants to put Cain in the slot at the Federal Reserve.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

image.jpeg.db9fcfa3d1e82f14a7ca906317e3cb65.jpeg

crop_606GettyImages-494875557.JPG

President Trump interviewed Cain, a former GOP presidential candidate, weeks ago and has signaled to aides in recent days that he wants to put Cain in the slot at the Federal Reserve.

You have a problem with the nomination?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low, Below All Forecasts

Filings for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell, dropping to the lowest since December 1969, as the labor market tightened further. Jobless claims decreased to 202,000 in the week ended March 30, below all economist forecasts, Labor Department figures showed Thursday. The four-week average, a less-volatile measure, declined to 213,500, the lowest since October.

</snip>

UNEXPECTEDLY!!

DRINK!

Just now, KRC said:

You have a problem with the nomination?

Cain doesn't believe in infanticide like @Tiberius does.

Edited by LABillzFan

Just now, KRC said:

Why do you hate Americans, and especially black people?

Why do you need to lie to make a point? 

My theory? You guys are so enamored with Trump that you just act like the guy. And facts are too difficult for you guys, just like Trump! 

44 minutes ago, KRC said:

Prove that I am wrong about you hating Americans and especially black people.

Prove you are not a communist. Prove you do not beat your wife. 

You are not clever at all. That's why you need to lie. It's an intelligence shortfall on your part that makes you lie. 

34 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What is wrong with the nomination?  

You said you would never bother me again. You promised. No please go away.