Chip Kelly interviewing for Jags OC

YoloinOhio

I actually agree pretty strongly with you on this.

It's surely a recipe for disaster, but the offense will likely be a lot better with Chip Kelly running it than Nate Can't Hackett.

That is, until HC Marrone insists on the three-headed Ryan Nuefeld Syndrome offense comprised of three (often slow, white) TEs who scare no one.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't Marrone is a leader not a whiteboard coach.

Oh and this shows where Chip's stock is but his ego just won't let him leave the NFL alone.

Crashing and burning.

right - marrone doesnt have his own playbook to my knowledge. hes never called plays. hes the leader of men hire not the hot coordinator you have to promote to steal his scheme.

It's surely a recipe for disaster, but the offense will likely be a lot better with Chip Kelly running it than Nate Can't Hackett.

That is, until HC Marrone insists on the three-headed Ryan Nuefeld Syndrome offense comprised of three (often slow, white) TEs who scare no one.

That was my point. Kelly is a far more competent offensive mind than the guys we're currently looking at.

@AllbrightNFL

Was told that after interviewing Chip Kelly, interim OC Nathaniel Hackett is still the favorite for the #JaguarsNFL_Season_2016_JAX.png OC position.

How low has Chip Kelly sank that now he's losing out on jobs to Hackett :lol:

That was my point. Kelly is a far more competent offensive mind than the guys we're currently looking at.

Kelly took over an offense that was 29th in points and 15th in yards before he came in, and over the next two seasons they went 4th/2nd and 3rd/5th. He's a good offensive coach.

Kelly took over an offense that was 29th in points and 15th in yards before he came in, and over the next two seasons they went 4th/2nd and 3rd/5th. He's a good offensive coach.

Compared to what we are allegedly interviewing I would love to have Chip Kelly and he'd probably lobby for Tyrod. Maybe not having to worry about defense and the rest of HC duties would be great for him. I'd be very much in favor of this.

I don't see how it works in Jax as a Saint Doug and Sgt Slaughter sammich though.

Compared to what we are allegedly interviewing I would love to have Chip Kelly and he'd probably lobby for Tyrod. Maybe not having to worry about defense and the rest of HC duties would be great for him. I'd be very much in favor of this.

I don't see how it works in Jax as a Saint Doug and Sgt Slaughter sammich though.

Yup - I'd be behind his hiring. I don't see it happening, however. I can't imagine that a first time coach would want to hire that big of a personality.