If Bills dump Taylor, where does he end up?

dtgolder

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is not going to get a chance in LA Rams, Jacksonville, or Denver. Sorry, it's not happening. Denver just spent a 1st round pick on a QB and have another young QB. Rams drafted a guy #1 overall and hired a coach specifically to make him better.

NFL teams don't all live in the now like some Bills fans on this board. Many of these teams are trying to win by drafting and developing their QB. Yeah, I know this sounds crazy.

Denver's a wildcard to me, they could be in play for any QB at this point. New coach, but I don't think they're handing the keys to Lynch after last year. They were a playoff team with better QB play.

Denver's a wildcard to me, they could be in play for any QB at this point. New coach, but I don't think they're handing the keys to Lynch after last year. They were a playoff team with better QB play.

yup, they have 33 mil in space. 51 guys under contract. no lt though.

Sorry, but with playoff football you need a QB who can make plays when the game is on the line and you either need to keep the chains moving or comeback and score; TT is not that guy. It has nothing to do with points scored, points per game or using him as a way to set up your run game. He doesn't make the plays to win those games for you; better off spending his salary elsewhere on the team...

TT is that guy. #10 in scoring says so. Play some D and were in the playoffs. You can still look for better but don't screw yourself because TT isn't Brady.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

TT is that guy. #10 in scoring says so. Play some D and were in the playoffs. You can still look for better but don't screw yourself because TT isn't Brady.

They were tied for 7th until the last week when he didn't play (25.9 PPG). The teams left were all high scoring as well with Pittsburgh the lowest at 24.9 PPG.

I'm 100% with you on this. It's mind numbing that people don't understand that if our defense was even average we would probably be in the playoffs. After watching the Chiefs game the other night I was thinking man, if they had TT they would really be a dangerous team.

I'm 100% with you on this. It's mind numbing that people don't understand that if our defense was even average we would probably be in the playoffs. After watching the Chiefs game the other night I was thinking man, if they had TT they would really be a dangerous team.

They were average.

Easily 10 teams that could do worse than Taylor at QB, but the $40m dollar question is what do you pay him? Only teams like Buffalo that strive for 8-8 or at best a 1st round playoff exit would entertain the thought of paying him $20m per season. If he goes to Denver, Elway isn't paying him more than $10-12m per season and he is a bridge to Lynch.

Easily 10 teams that could do worse than Taylor at QB, but the $40m dollar question is what do you pay him? Only teams like Buffalo that strive for 8-8 or at best a 1st round playoff exit would entertain the thought of paying him $20m per season. If he goes to Denver, Elway isn't paying him more than $10-12m per season and he is a bridge to Lynch.

I get it but I'd rather over pay on a guy like Tyrod who is a professional in and out and a student of the game then over pay for a guy like Dareus who doesn't really seem to care or get it at all. I think another team would be willing to pay him a contract a lot closer to ours than people think honestly. Get him a couple of decent receivers and an average defense and he's a playoff QB.

He was fired from there with Les Miles. In fact they gave Coach O the option to keep him and he said no thanks.

Well, if the team dumps Tyrod and goes for Hoyer, Romo or Cutler then they will want someone who can run a top passing offense.

If the team keeps Taylor and wants to make sure their money is well spent it would be wise of them to hire Cam Cameron if for nothing else than get that run game going like it has been and to develop a QB in either Taylor or Jones. Just look at the QB's the man has developed in Brees and Flacco. If not for Taylor just think of the good the guy could do for Cardale Jones. I'd put Cameron in the same slot as Anthony Lynn, Greg Roman in terms of a run game coordinator, only he has a better record of actually developing some great quarterbacks.

JMO

Well, if the team dumps Tyrod and goes for Hoyer, Romo or Cutler then they will want someone who can run a top passing offense.

If the team keeps Taylor and wants to make sure their money is well spent it would be wise of them to hire Cam Cameron if for nothing else than get that run game going like it has been and to develop a QB in either Taylor or Jones. Just look at the QB's the man has developed in Brees and Flacco. If not for Taylor just think of the good the guy could do for Cardale Jones. I'd put Cameron in the same slot as Anthony Lynn, Greg Roman in terms of a run game coordinator, only he has a better record of actually developing some great quarterbacks.

I'd be stoked if the Bills were talking about bringing in Cam Cameron. With the exception of one crappy year in Miami (with a horrible team) he has put together a lot of good offenses.

I'd be stoked if the Bills were talking about bringing in Cam Cameron. With the exception of one crappy year in Miami (with a horrible team) he has put together a lot of good offenses.

I would be much more comfortable with Cam Cameron than Greg Olsen. Of course, I may be more comfortable with Tila Tequila or Miko Grimes than Greg Olsen.

To all those Bills fans who think they know what a QB will develop into after watching play him for two years.

I watched a kid get drafted and sit on the bench in his first season with a bad HC, bad team. The next season he got a new HC and coaching staff and he was able to start. He went 8-8 that first year while completing 60.8% of his passes for 526 attempts for 320 completions 3284 yards with 17 TDs, 16 INTs. Not bad for a rookie starter, err most of you would say a second-year player. That team had a 1000+ yard rusher and some decent receivers with 538 passing attempts vs 466 rushing attempts.

In his second year of starting the guy was benched after he went 2-9 with 356 attempts for 205 completions for 2108 yards while throwing 11 TDs, 15 INTs. with a 57.6 completion percentage. He stunk it up and deserved to be benched!

Now up until this point, the team had thrown more than they passed the ball the previous two years and this year the teams OC took a different turn and called for 450 passes vs 525 rushing attempts. This same starting QB who was benched the previous season suddenly started to get better in a run first team. That year this same QB who stinking it up was doing great.

This season that in his third year of being a starting QB he went 11-4 with 400 attempts for 262 completions for 3159 yards with 27 TDs, 7 INTs. The team made the playoffs. His OC was Cam Cameron a man who tutored him and also went on to develop Joe Flacco into another SB winning QB. Anyone guess by now who this QB is?

The point being is that it would really be foolish to dump Tyrod Taylor at this point. Unless the team changes their offensive philosophy to a pass first and wants a different bridge QB who will throw more.

What the team should do is hire Cam Cameron away from LSU and allow him to develop Tyrod Taylor. The team will find out soon enough if he develops further or fails to do so. This team also needs to upgrade the WR, RT positions asap.

Im pretty sure you are talking about Drew Brees