If Bills dump Taylor, where does he end up?

dtgolder

So lots of talk about should the Bills dump Taylor or not, and if we do who do we get to replace him (Romo, etc.)

But I'm wondering what folks think would be a landing spot for TT if we did jettison him? Who would bid on his services? Would he be a starter or backup? What kind of salary would he command?

What's the general consensus on the board?

I think any team with a strong running game could take a flyer on him. If he doesn't start, he's a more than competent backup with mobility and a good deep ball

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that even when you look at the numbers, they're still not close.

TT had more TD's, less turnovers, a higher QBR, a higher rating, more all purpose yards, and a higher completion % than Siemian..but they're close.

I could also argue that TT is close to Stafford..but I won't.

TT - TS

3603 - 3458 Total yards

23 - 18 TDs

6 - 10 Int

68.2 - 55.5 QBR or ESPNs bogus useless QB stat

89.7 - 84.6 Rate

61.7 - 59.5 Comp %

How about sacks big guy? Tyrod 42 Siemian 31 or doesn't that fit your narrative?

Y/A Siemian 7.0 - Tyrod 6.9

Total YPG Siemian 247 - Tyrod 231.4

Yards per completion Siemian 11.8 - Tyrod 11.2

Still not close!

Oh yeah, 29 starts to 14, 7 years in the league vs 2, #1 running game vs #27

Keep saying there not close!

Edited by old school

Taylor had McCoy, Siemian had nothing at RB. Yet Siemian had superior stats than Taylor in the stats I listed.

Also, Taylor had 1 4qc and 1 gwd, while Siemian had 3 4qc and 2 gwd.

The kicker is the Oakland game which Taylor played awful. Siemian went off on the Raiders in the last game of the season.

I'm sure Elway doesn't want any part of signing Taylor at this point.

What stats were superior? Tyrod had a higher completion percentage, more TDs, more total yards. less turnovers, higher rating, about the same yards per attempt, higher QBR (by a ton) and his offense scored a LOT more with inferior weapons. What is it that makes you think a Siemian is superior to TT?

What stats were superior? Tyrod had a higher completion percentage, more TDs, more total yards. less turnovers, higher rating, about the same yards per attempt, higher QBR (by a ton) and his offense scored a LOT more with inferior weapons.

Yeah, maybe, but those are only all of the most important categories, so Seiman is better.

TT - TS

3603 - 3458 Total yards

23 - 18 TDs

6 - 10 Int

68.2 - 55.5 QBR or ESPNs bogus useless QB stat

89.7 - 84.6 Rate

61.7 - 59.5 Comp %

How about sacks big guy? Tyrod 42 Siemian 31 or doesn't that fit your narrative?

Y/A Siemian 7.0 - Tyrod 6.9

Total YPG Siemian 247 - Tyrod 231.4

Yards per completion Siemian 11.8 - Tyrod 11.2

Still not close!

Oh yeah, 29 starts to 14, 7 years in the league vs 2, #1 running game vs #27

Keep saying there not close!

The fact that you hold the #1 rushing offense AGAINST TT is hilarious (and absurd). He is a MASSIVE reason why they ran like crazy.

Yeah, maybe, but those are only all of the most important categories, so Seiman is better.

It's amazing what people will do to twist a narrative. I'd bet if you asked 100 Broncos fans who they'd rather have over 90% would say TT. It isn't even close. If the Broncos had TT at QB they would have competed.

It's amazing what people will do to twist a narrative. I'd bet if you asked 100 Broncos fans who they'd rather have over 90% would say TT. It isn't even close. If the Broncos had TT at QB they would have competed.

You guys have to stop using the "isn't even close" line. Here's a recent poll of Bronco fans...
Poll results: Tyrod Taylor The Next Broncos' QB!
69% No
23% Yes
Comments…
"Lol no."
"He's not very good. So I guess that would give us the choice of 3 not very good QB's."
"Tyrod sucks. No thanks"
"Everyone who voted yes needs to watch more Bills games, he stinks."
"I wanted to see him last year, but now that TS has put in a whole season of learning, I'd say no."
"Continue to develop Lynch and Siemian. Taylor isn't good enough for the Broncos to go in a different direction."
"I heard John tried to aquire him a couple years ago but having 2 young QB's on the roster who are cheap already would make this move stupid."

You guys have to stop using the "isn't even close" line. Here's a recent poll of Bronco fans...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=125535

Poll results: Tyrod Taylor The Next Broncos' QB!

69% No

23% Yes

Comments

"Lol no."

"He's not very good. So I guess that would give us the choice of 3 not very good QB's."

"Tyrod sucks. No thanks"

"Everyone who voted yes needs to watch more Bills games, he stinks."

"I wanted to see him last year, but now that TS has put in a whole season of learning, I'd say no."

"Continue to develop Lynch and Siemian. Taylor isn't good enough for the Broncos to go in a different direction."

"I heard John tried to aquire him a couple years ago but having 2 young QB's on the roster who are cheap already would make this move stupid."

I don't know what to say then other than they are idiots (good find btw). He's better than the QB play that they have gotten for the last few years. He will be starting somewhere in 2017 and it makes a lot more sense IMO for a good team with a bad QB than a bad team. Houston and Denver make the most sense with Arizona as the 3rd option. He was 9th one QBR (and I know that's not perfect) but it's indicative of a pretty good starting QB. It's so much harder to find the level of play that TT gives us than it is to find someone worse. The offense will regress in 2017. I've said all along that if it is short-term regression for long-term gain, I'm all for it.

The people that think there will be addition by subtraction of TT are just wrong. This offense won't average more than 26 PPG with (insert lousy vet or longshot rookie here). I will be patient if the plan is to develop a kid but I think that the Bills have a roster that can compete in the AFC. TT has a winning record with Rex Ryan! 10-6 doesn't feel crazy at all if we play some defense and get a kicker. Only 4 of the playoff teams averaged more than that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is a good thread. Just can't see any of these teams giving Taylor a lot of money. Yeah, if he's available somebody might give him $10m as a bridge QB for a few years, but Denver makes most sense and there's no way they're giving Taylor more than that since Lynch is their long term plan. Bills would probably be foolish to exercise the option. They'll be able to keep him for less.

I don't know what to say then other than they are idiots (good find btw). He's better than the QB play that they have gotten for the last few years. He will be starting somewhere in 2017 and it makes a lot more sense IMO for a good team with a bad QB than a bad team. Houston and Denver make the most sense with Arizona as the 3rd option. He was 9th one QBR (and I know that's not perfect) but it's indicative of a pretty good starting QB. It's so much harder to find the level of play that TT gives us than it is to find someone worse. The offense will regress in 2017. I've said all along that if it is short-term regression for long-term gain, I'm all for it.

The people that think there will be addition by subtraction of TT are just wrong. This offense won't average more than 26 PPG with (insert lousy vet or longshot rookie here). I will be patient if the plan is to develop a kid but I think that the Bills have a roster that can compete in the AFC. TT has a winning record with Rex Ryan! 10-6 doesn't feel crazy at all if we play some defense and get a kicker. Only 4 of the playoff teams averaged more than that.

Thanks.

I think that the Bills will go the route of keep buying lottery tickets (drafting QBs) and try to catch lightning in a bottle after the first round the way the Cowboys, Seahawks and Raiders have with their QBs. Taylor isn't the answer, unless they want him to be the stopgap to the franchise QB they're looking for. There's a good chance that Taylor signs with the Bills (if they even want him) after he realizes that they will offer the best contract which will be a LOT less than the one they have now. I'm thinking 10-12 million for 2017, that's it. They get their stopgap QB and he gets another year to audition.

So...a few follow up questions:

a) If TT is desired by other teams, can the Bills get something for him in trade?

b) Will another team offer TT more money than the current Bills contract option?

c) If a and b, should the Bills pick up his option and then trade him?

I'd think (hope?) we could get something for him in trade if he's not a fit for us??

So...a few follow up questions:

a) If TT is desired by other teams, can the Bills get something for him in trade?

b) Will another team offer TT more money than the current Bills contract option?

c) If a and b, should the Bills pick up his option and then trade him?

I'd think (hope?) we could get something for him in trade if he's not a fit for us??

thats bugeye sprite isn't it ?

The fact that you hold the #1 rushing offense AGAINST TT is hilarious (and absurd). He is a MASSIVE reason why they ran like crazy.

Take away Tyrod rush stats and the Bills fall to 4th in rush yards and 2nd in rush TDs.

IDK is he a massive increase? But the Bills with or without him were still light years better rushing than what Siemian had in Denver.

Thanks.

I think that the Bills will go the route of keep buying lottery tickets (drafting QBs) and try to catch lightning in a bottle after the first round the way the Cowboys, Seahawks and Raiders have with their QBs. Taylor isn't the answer, unless they want him to be the stopgap to the franchise QB they're looking for. There's a good chance that Taylor signs with the Bills (if they even want him) after he realizes that they will offer the best contract which will be a LOT less than the one they have now. I'm thinking 10-12 million for 2017, that's it. They get their stopgap QB and he gets another year to audition.

If Kaepernick and Osweiler are making $19M and $18M on average (or whatever it is) I don't see TT playing for less than $15M. I think that he signs like a 3 year $45M deal with $30M guaranteed. Something like that.

If Kaepernick and Osweiler are making $19M and $18M on average (or whatever it is) I don't see TT playing for less than $15M. I think that he signs like a 3 year $45M deal with $30M guaranteed. Something like that.

i really do not have problem with that. and keep drafting

Take away Tyrod rush stats and the Bills fall to 4th in rush yards and 2nd in rush TDs.

IDK is he a massive increase? But the Bills with or without him were still light years better rushing than what Siemian had in Denver.

The fact that defenders stay home on the zone read because of the threat of him opens things for Shady and MG. Again, they are good on their own but it makes a huge difference. The Bills also had the highest YPC of any team back to 2000 through 16 weeks (and maybe more that's as far as I can find). The Bills running game wasn't just "good" it was historically good. Everyone plays a role in that. We have not talked nearly enough about how good it was. The Bills scored a lot of points because of it.