Bills stuck with mediocre coordinators once again

Yeezus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Bills coaching search, another set of mediocre coordinators to add to the list from the past 17+ years.

Not once in the playoff drought era has this team found a good set of coordinators. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. I can't remember the last time we had a legit offensive coordinator that came from a top 5 offensive unit or had major offensive success in the NFL. And people wonder why we have been so bad for so long. We don't have the right coaches here. Sean McDermott is NOT going to do anything with this offense, he is strictly an defensive guy with a defensive background. look at every defensive minded coach around the nfl. the only reason their offenses succeed is because they have quality coaches on that side of the ball.

Bills will be stuck with garbage tier coaches who they will probably pluck from a team who produced less offense than we did last year.

I feel bad for McDermott because his job here is 10x harder than Rex's. He is now dealing with a bad defense and an offense that will have to learn whole new system. this offense WILL regress next year, unless they find a quality OC.

The OC hire is extremely important and will decide the fate of the next few seasons.

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.5.

How frequently do top 5 coordinators become available as coordinators? Teams tend to hold onto those guys, and if they are doing well, they tend to want to stick with it until a HC job opens up.

We went out and spent $ on Greg Roman a couple of years ago, who had been pretty well respected around the league.

I think Leslie Frazier is promising on D. Unfortunately it seems like pretty slim pickings on the Offensive side (McCoy was the only name I would have been excited by, and it seems he really wanted to be back in Denver.)

Another Bills coaching search, another set of mediocre coordinators to add to the list from the past 17+ years.

Not once in the playoff drought era has this team found a good set of coordinators. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. I can't remember the last time we had a legit offensive coordinator that came from a top 5 offensive unit or had major offensive success in the NFL. And people wonder why we have been so bad for so long. We don't have the right coaches here. Sean McDermott is NOT going to do anything with this offense, he is strictly an defensive guy with a defensive background. look at every defensive minded coach around the nfl. the only reason their offenses succeed is because they have quality coaches on that side of the ball.

Bills will be stuck with garbage tier coaches who they will probably pluck from a team who produced less offense than we did last year.

I feel bad for McDermott because his job here is 10x harder than Rex's. He is now dealing with a bad defense and an offense that will have to learn whole new system. this offense WILL regress next year, unless they find a quality OC.

The OC hire is extremely important and will decide the fate of the next few seasons.

Youre just mad the coach is white.

Yeah, the only thing Denver has on us at QB is Lynch might be a better prospect than Cardale. Siemian will not make our offense better than Tyrod would.

NO WAY lynch is a better prospect than Cardale ...Lynch has not won crap in college where as Cardale played and beat the best for the national champioship

I learned so much from this post.

Mostly that I hate your posting.

Every one is happy with this hire, but I'm with you. The OC job is important and right now they don't have one and no credible candidates. MCD will make it two years before he is fired and hopefully Whaley goes with him. But in the mean time Pegula has to start thinking about how to sell tickets to games. The last two years we had all the Rexy talk which put butts in seats. I don't think Pegula makes much money this coming season with this hire. But maybe if they hold on to MCD past two years the Bills can make the playoffs in 3-5 years.