Bills stuck with mediocre coordinators once again

Yeezus

This is why I wanted the Bills to hire a head coach that had a QB skillset. This gives us a great offensive mind and voice to pick the next QB. But of course Bills fans laugh at the idea of drafting and developing a QB or they think everyone is David Lee (Hint: There are teams that value this skillset more than Buffalo and keep their QB gurus like precious diamonds).

We are always focused on the wrong things and we better start focusing on the QB and the coaches who will select and work with him.

Hopefully McD surprises me and Andy Reid has some help for us.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Bills coaching search, another set of mediocre coordinators to add to the list from the past 17+ years.

Not once in the playoff drought era has this team found a good set of coordinators. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. I can't remember the last time we had a legit offensive coordinator that came from a top 5 offensive unit or had major offensive success in the NFL. And people wonder why we have been so bad for so long. We don't have the right coaches here. Sean McDermott is NOT going to do anything with this offense, he is strictly an defensive guy with a defensive background. look at every defensive minded coach around the nfl. the only reason their offenses succeed is because they have quality coaches on that side of the ball.

Bills will be stuck with garbage tier coaches who they will probably pluck from a team who produced less offense than we did last year.

I feel bad for McDermott because his job here is 10x harder than Rex's. He is now dealing with a bad defense and an offense that will have to learn whole new system. this offense WILL regress next year, unless they find a quality OC.

The OC hire is extremely important and will decide the fate of the next few seasons.

DOOMMEEDD. Geesh, I thought I was the negative Nancy on the board. Edited by DirtDart

Another thread, another disappearance of the OP. This is trolling guys.

What happened to Lynn being set in stone? That we weren't going to give any other candidates an opportunity? The whole coaching search is a facade right? Oh yeah, it's on to the next narrative to belittle and mock the organization.

You mean he sets of an explosion, locks the doors, and then promptly leaves?

He seems like the dude that would come in, chug a few beers at a BYOB party, take an upper decker in your bathroom and then leave.

Another Bills coaching search, another set of mediocre coordinators to add to the list from the past 17+ years.

Not once in the playoff drought era has this team found a good set of coordinators. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. I can't remember the last time we had a legit offensive coordinator that came from a top 5 offensive unit or had major offensive success in the NFL. And people wonder why we have been so bad for so long. We don't have the right coaches here. Sean McDermott is NOT going to do anything with this offense, he is strictly an defensive guy with a defensive background. look at every defensive minded coach around the nfl. the only reason their offenses succeed is because they have quality coaches on that side of the ball.

Bills will be stuck with garbage tier coaches who they will probably pluck from a team who produced less offense than we did last year.

I feel bad for McDermott because his job here is 10x harder than Rex's. He is now dealing with a bad defense and an offense that will have to learn whole new system. this offense WILL regress next year, unless they find a quality OC.

The OC hire is extremely important and will decide the fate of the next few seasons.

we hired and OC?

Roman did quite well in SF.

McD seems like he knows what needs to be done and whoever we get as coaches will either get the job done or they will be out, no Rex over-loyalty going on here.

Are you clueless? Or just too young to even know who Leslie Frazier is. Leslie Frazier is a damn good coach. Edited by matter2003

Mahomes would be the best QB prospect the Bills have had in forever. And could be had with a late 1st/early 2nd.

IF Mahomes is as good as you think (I honestly have no idea) then just draft him at #10 and don't screw around... The same applies to any of the QB names out there... Move up - if you really like a guy... Is AJ McCarron available and is he worth acquiring? If we let TT go and Denver signs him is Simean available cheap as a bridge QB? What's Washington gonna do with their QB position? TT is NOT the ONLY option...

IF Mahomes is as good as you think (I honestly have no idea) then just draft him at #10 and don't screw around... The same applies to any of the QB names out there... Move up - if you really like a guy... Is AJ McCarron available and is he worth acquiring? If we let TT go and Denver signs him is Simean available cheap as a bridge QB? What's Washington gonna do with their QB position? TT is NOT the ONLY option...

Simean isn't a bridge QB. He's straight up failure. Might as well just start Cardale.

The possibility of Cousins is a dream, but it would be great, IMO.

Simean isn't a bridge QB. He's straight up failure. Might as well just start Cardale.

The possibility of Cousins is a dream, but it would be great, IMO.

Yeah, the only thing Denver has on us at QB is Lynch might be a better prospect than Cardale. Siemian will not make our offense better than Tyrod would.

Edited by What a Tuel

you can't and must get off the 17 year kick. New owners starting 3 years. Can't lump everything together.

I have tried to think that this is year (3) of the Pegula era and therefore a new beginning. Unfortunately it isn't that simple. A business' culture remains embedded with the people that work there and unless there is substantial, immediate personnel turnover, the culture tends to remain as it is despite new leaders at the top.

But there are some key differences- Mr. Pegula seems determined to do what it takes to build a winner and is willing to spend competitive cash to get there.