TT attends McDermott's press conference - hmmmm

YoloinOhio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And called him when he was hired.

If they are moving on it seems he doesn't know or doesn't ever read social media. Or any media.

Anyway, 1st class move and perhaps his agent encouraged it but it was good to see he is engaged in the new coaching regime.

Likely engineered by his agent.

I can't imagine Tyrod being a part of the team going forward, but at this point, who knows.

I thought they'd hire Lynn as HC too.

He is the leader of this team until he isnt

That is how I took it

This. Tyrod is acting more professional than the F.O in this situation. Kinda sad tho. Im pullin for em.

Hope they don't waste our time retaining him. Schedule won't be kind to him.

Schedule not gonna be kind to anyone. **** looks rough but we also said that last year. We never know whos gonna be good or bad 100% just gotta wait n see.

So here's my prediction, there have been a number of articles stating how the Bills and DW have moved on from TT evidenced by benching him for the finale. Personally I just see it as away to keep their options open. But the media has decided we are moving on. And so it was written!!

So if the Bills do decide to keep TT it now will all be due to McDermott and how he was smart enough to realize we need to keep him and somehow managed to overrule DW to keep him and all the praise will go to him.

So here's my prediction, there have been a number of articles stating how the Bills and DW have moved on from TT evidenced by benching him for the finale. Personally I just see it as away to keep their options open. But the media has decided we are moving on. And so it was written!!

So if the Bills do decide to keep TT it now will all be due to McDermott and how he was smart enough to realize we need to keep him and somehow managed to overrule DW to keep him and all the praise will go to him.

unless he doesn't play well and then it's mcD's fault, Whaley was right all along, and it's dysfunction junction again ...

Taylor has to pass his physical before 11 March or the option is triggered .

I just hope he will renegotiate with good incentives. He has to by now realize his limitations.

The problem is tight cap space and too many free agents to re-sign soon.

It would be very difficult next season with a new OC ,playbook and OL coach without Taylor.

Likely engineered by his agent.

I can't imagine Tyrod being a part of the team going forward, but at this point, who knows.

I thought they'd hire Lynn as HC too.

How many examples of this have you ever heard of? What agents actually say "Hey, you got benched on the eve of getting a huge payday. Even though you will be able to get an opportunity with another team next year, go ahead and reach out to the new coach and head up to Buffalo to meet him." Would agents feel this helps his negotiating position with the Bills? I would think it's more of a negative.

TT has consistently shown to be a leader and classy person of high character. He came here for the opportunity at the expense of at least one higher offer. He took a team friendly contract and bet on himself. He signed a second initial team friendly contract and the Bills stupidly assumed he would complete his development in its first year.

Anthony Lynn talked about having him another offseason to work on his deficits. It implies to me that was not done properly by Lee. Get a QB coach who should be able to help TT. Renegotiate his contract to pay him well for what he is right now plus incentives. Work out terms of a new contract that will provide for him being rewarded as a franchise QB without hamstringing us should he fail.

Tyrod has never shown the ego of a bloated sense of worth. To the contrary he has seemed very open to earning his way up the salary ladder. Bring him back because in a worst case scenario we desperately need a transition QB that can keep this team together and improving. He's still the key to the next level, up or down.

Just curious, what kind of QB would you say is worth $10-12 million per year?

A Terrell Pryor type.

Come on man!!! You basically wrote jerrys column for him. Except it will be more negative and snarky of course.

I think it's a positive sign. Taylor knows, I'm sure, that a starting QB who is not elite is always a possible casualty when there is a coaching change.

My hope is that they maybe add an extra year on and change the guarantees so he'll get the same total amount of money and gets another year of security but in exchange his cap hit drops.

Completely agree, or they keep as is in two years, but have to make the playoffs next year to get to that level, and the playoffs the next year to make 100% of his contract.

We can use if there. Is talent our first for a QB, but if the marquee guys are gone we can take one in the fourth, and use the first three according to talent on. Two safeties, and WR. I still think we make an offer to Michael Floyd as he'll be available after this season.

Smart move by Taylor. He shows the Bills and every other team his class, maturity and leadership skills. His agent can use that combined with the fact he led the #1 rushing attack to get him a deal. The Bills would be wise to work him into their plans even if it means using him as a bridge to the future. There isn't anyone available that guarantees success. Romo is one more hit from gone, Cousins will stay in DC, and the rest are second tier players that hold clipboards. Quite often it is best to dance with the devil you know until the right one comes along. Writing off Taylor could fracture the locker room also. Belichick can do things like that but he has Brady and a track record of winning with his 53. Watkins may pout because he knows he won't get all world numbers with Taylor but such is life. Which puts it back on Whaley because he bought the groceries without asking the chef what's for dinner.

When they finalize the deal with the new OC, McDermott and the OC will evaluate the situation and decide what they want to do with Tyrod. They may even bring him in for a discussion. Tyrod will be on somebody's roster this year. He's a phenomenal athlete. I'd try to keep him. Maybe use the first round pick on a quarterback to groom as the franchise qb.

But I don't think any decision will be made till the new staff is assembled. What's the hurry?

When they finalize the deal with the new OC, McDermott and the OC will evaluate the situation and decide what they want to do with Tyrod. They may even bring him in for a discussion. Tyrod will be on somebody's roster this year. He's a phenomenal athlete. I'd try to keep him. Maybe use the first round pick on a quarterback to groom as the franchise qb.

But I don't think any decision will be made till the new staff is assembled. What's the hurry?

Agreed. They have 2 more months to decide.

In my opinion. The coaching staff is gonna look around and realize with TT they have nothing. This team isn't winning many games with Cardale Jones playing QG next season. Now 2/3 years down the road, maybe that's different but right now he's too raw. TT has issues, but the guys numbers speak for themselves. 7100 yards, 46 TD 15 turnovers and a 15-14 record. Now is when the team has to draw up schemes to better use his skill. How often did the Bills move the pocket? Did this team run combination routes? Quick slants, WR screens, traditional screens?

If TT is the QB, yes you are likely never gonna have 4000+ yards passing but you will also likely never have 3 interceptions games either. The contract he signed sucked but that's totally on Doug Whaley If you can get him to redo that deal, even better but if not, bite the bullet.

Trading up in the draft to grab a QB isn't gonna do anything but hurt this teams depth. We need more draft picks in round 2-4, not give them up to grab a QB that "may" solve the problem.

This is gonna be a very tricky re-negotiation. Taylor has most of the leverage since its believable that another team would sign him to a decent deal ($10-15m per year, but not the above market rate Bills are on hook for if they exercise option). Could see Bills tying a Tyrod re-negotiation to bringing back Woods or other Free Agent upgrades at WR position, with the ability to earn back the money Tyrod gave up with incentives like making playoffs or reaching 10 wins.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

This is gonna be a very tricky re-negotiation. Taylor has most of the leverage since its believable that another team would sign him to a decent deal ($10-15m per year, but not the above market rate Bills are on hook for if they exercise option). Could see Bills tying a Tyrod re-negotiation to bringing back Woods or other Free Agent upgrades at WR position, with the ability to earn back the money Tyrod gave up with incentives like making playoffs or reaching 10 wins.

Tyrod will get the same 15-20 from a QB desperate team. It is in Bills interest to trigger his contract.