Would we take Chip Kelly for OC?

I actually think that Chip Kelly is a pretty good football coach, a pretty bad person and an awful GM.

Yeah anyone who doesn't think he's a good football coach doesn't know sh*t, to be quite blunt.

The reason he succeeded in Philly is because his system was effective, simple to learn and put players in position to succeed.

Andy Reid runs a complicated system and when he's between QB's it can unravel fast........and it did.

MAJBobby thinks it's all Nike though.........that's why they have continued to dominate at Oregon in his absence. :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah anyone who doesn't think he's a good football coach doesn't know sh*t, to be quite blunt.

The reason he succeeded in Philly is because his system was effective, simple to learn and put players in position to succeed.

Andy Reid runs a complicated system and when he's between QB's it can unravel fast........and it did.

MAJBobby thinks it's all Nike though.........that's why they have continued to dominate at Oregon in his absence. :rolleyes:

He succeeded at first cuz he caught defenses by surprise with the speed of getting plays off and how new his offense was to nfl coaches. Once the league caught up...ask Philly and San Fran. In the nfl Reid puts kelly to shame. I don't think kelly is nfl coaching material. His ego won't work with nfl players. He needs to go back to school, college, that is. That crap might work with teenagers in college but he can't handle men. I'm gonna leave that "don't know ****" comment alone, but to be blunt, maybe you should go smoke another one.

I feel dirty writing this.

I wanted Lynn back, but Lynn is gone.

I was good with McCoy, but McCoy is gone.

I balked and Norv Turner, but last I read he was off the table.

Chip Kelly, absolute failure that he was as GM and as HC, still had a lot of success on offense. It wasn't just the fast pace, he really did draw up some really clever plays. He got Shady to a career year rushing. Vick was his first choice at QB when he took over, which is probably the closest comparison to Tyrod's game.

He's not my first choice, and there are obvious complications, but who else do ya got?

Hell no, no college spread please.

that system doesn't work, after two yrs he was all figured out and is why he is out along with being a horrible GM, he belongs in college and hopefully goes there.

I guess my argument as to "why it didn't work after a couple of years" is because he got rid of all of the talented players!! He's a bad GM for sure. When his team had some talent though, they succeeded.

Yes. He also had some bad busts. Agholor most notably.

I guess my argument as to "why it didn't work after a couple of years" is because he got rid of all of the talented players!! He's a bad GM for sure. When his team had some talent though, they succeeded.

When Dopey and Buffalo Barbarian are disagreeing with you.......perhaps you should re-consider your stance. Top shelf analysis. Just sayin'. :beer:

I don't get why McCoy not liking him is a big deal. Time to act like men.

Even if they act like men and co-exist peacefully, why force that situation on Shady? Bring in someone who at least has a chance of inspiring and creating harmony than invite friction. It would just add fuel to the dysfunctional fire.

Even if they act like men and co-exist peacefully, why force that situation on Shady? Bring in someone who at least has a chance of inspiring and creating harmony than invite friction. It would just add fuel to the dysfunctional fire.

Chip fueled Shady's best year. That's some chance of inspiration.

There's a bunch of reasons I'd say no....

* We want our coaching staff to work well together. The word is (if true) that Chip doesn't play well with others. His ego is too big and he doesn't like feedback or input.

* We like Shady. And Shady doesn't like Chip.

* I'm too lazy to look this up but I believe Chip's offensive production has decreased each year since joining the NFL. Def Coordinators figured him out.

* He's more of a thinker/innovator than a leader of men (according to reports). Head Coaches and coordinators really should be both.

I feel a little dirty writing negative things about a guy I've never met. These are just the impressions I get when reading about him.

Why won't this ridiculous "leader of men" thing go away? Dial the calendar back to 2014: Gary Kubiak = good coordinator, not a leader of men. To 2015: Jason Garrett = very bright football mind, not a leader of men. To 2011: Rex Ryan = brilliant defensive mind and an inspiring leader. It's easy to find a dozen other examples. In other words, I take it to mean "has had success as a head coach in the NFL," which is why personalities as divergent as Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin, Marv Levy, Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, etc., etc. have that ascribed to them.

Didn't look like Shady's game was lacking inspiration. I doubt he thinks Chip was the reason behind his success. No chance of this reunion happening but it would be a foolish move.

I'm surprised to see that any team considered him for HC.

@AdamSchefter

Very quietly, Jaguars interviewed former 49ers HC Chip Kelly for their HC job before ultimately hiring Doug Marrone, per league sources.

Choosing Doug Marrone over Chip Kelly is another reason why the Jacksonville Jaguars are the Jacksonville Jaguars.