Turner

Bill Musgrave

Marc Trestman

Greg Olsen

Off the wall college guys:

TCUs Sonny Cumbie

Mark Helfrich

Chip Kelly

I just cant excited about Norv as OC. Screams retread to me.

Most coaches move around a lot during their career, even the good ones. It's the nature of the job. To call someone a retread is an insult and unfair. It's also very naive.

Turner has had a great deal of success during his career and has earned any opportunities that come his way.

Position coaches who could be in line for OC promotion:

Ricky Proehl, CAR WR coach

Ken Dorsey, CAR QB coach

Matt Nagy, KC co-OC

Matt LaFleur, ATL QB coach

Sanjay Lal, BUF WR coach

Alex Van Pelt, GB QB coach

James Urban, CIN WR coach

Mike Groh, LA WR coach

John DeFilippo, PHI QB coach

OC "free agents":

McCoy

Turner

Bill Musgrave

Marc Trestman

Greg Olsen

Off the wall college guys:

TCUs Sonny Cumbie

Mark Helfrich

Chip Kelly

DeFelippo is a very very good. I would jump for joy if they got him. However Philly won't let him interview. They already declined Jets request.

DeFelippo is a very very good. I would jump for joy if they got him. However Philly won't let him interview. They already declined Jets request.

how can Philly deny the interview if its for a promotion? I thought you could only deny an interview for a lateral move, no?

I'll be very surprised if it's Lynn only because rarely have I ever seen an in place coordinator interview for the HC position, see the position given to someone else, then stay on in his old position as OC.

Yes I understand he's under contract and technically doesn't have a choice (just like Jim Schwarz), but it just doesn't happen as too much bitterness and disapointment and at this level you want a person who is 110% happy with the McDermott hire and can't see how Lynn would ever be.

all assistant jobs are considered equal where this rule stands. Only one that can't be blocked is a HC interview.

Interesting - thanks.

An OC job, I would think, is a much more desired job than a QB coach position. Seems like a dick move for an organization to block that type of an interview. I'm sure it happens often though.

They would have to make Asst. HC. Jets unwillingly to that

not even that works with this role. Assistants are assistants.

Interesting - thanks.

An OC job, I would think, is a much more desired job than a QB coach position. Seems like a dick move for an organization to block that type of an interview. I'm sure it happens often though.

forner Raiders exec Amy Trask tweeted that sometimes teams will deny the interview request as a cover for the coach, if the coach doesn't want the job but doesn't want that public.

I'll be very surprised if it's Lynn only because rarely have I ever seen an in place coordinator interview for the HC position, see the position given to someone else, then stay on in his old position as OC.

Yes I understand he's under contract and technically doesn't have a choice (just like Jim Schwarz), but it just doesn't happen as too much bitterness and disapointment and at this level you want a person who is 110% happy with the McDermott hire and can't see how Lynn would ever be.

Who cares if he is bitter and disappointed. If he is the best available option he needs to do the job he is being paid to do.