McDermott New HC per JLaCan - new jw tweets re: Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

John Butler to be DC.

With McDermott reported to be the leading candidate for the Buffalo Bills’ head coaching vacancy by The Buffalo News and his friendship and respect for Butler, a highly-regarded assistant coach for the NFL’s top-ranked defense, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Butler emerged as a strong option for the Bills’ defensive coordinator position should McDermott land the job.

McDermott has interviewed for the San Francisco 49ers’ job and also met with Bills owner Terry and Kim Pegula.

Butler has drawn praise for his work with the Texans’ second-ranked pass defense, coaching safety Quintin Demps, who has six interceptions to lead all NFL safeties, along with cornerbacks A.J. Bouye, Johnathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson and an injured Kevin Johnson.

Butler interviewed for the 49ers’ defensive coordinator job last offseason, opting to stay with the Texans along with linebackers coach Mike Vrabel after being pursued by 49ers coach Chip Kelly.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien regards Butler, a former Penn State defensive coordinator, as a future NFL defensive coordinator and head-coaching candidate.

"John Butler is an excellent coach," O'Brien said. "John Butler, in my opinion, is destined for great things in this profession. I think he'll be a coordinator someday. I think he'll be a head football coach somewhere someday. Did a great job for us at Penn State and he's done an excellent job for us here as guys really rely on him.

http://m.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-John-Butler-has-ties-to-Bills-HC-target-10849220.php

Well, his last Draft for The Bills wasn't so hot. :ph34r:

What... too soon?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because it is January 11, and we still don't officially know anything.

So it's best to jump to a conclusion.

No it's best to trust an organization that for 20 years doesn't know what the heck it's doing and is the laughing stock of the league. Some of us are smart enough to know what to expect from a brand new coaching staff with all new plays and no QB. If anyone was planning on doing some traveling or unplugging and going off the grid for a while then fall of 2017 might be a good opportunity to do so.

No it's best to trust an organization that for 20 years doesn't know what the heck it's doing and is the laughing stock of the league. Some of us are smart enough to know what to expect from a brand new coaching staff with all new plays and no QB. If anyone was planning on doing some traveling or unplugging and going off the grid for a while then fall of 2017 might be a good opportunity to do so.

:w00t::w00t::doh:

This. is. Priceless.

They are?

Seems to me this is a best case scenario for Whaley and he bought himself another couple years here. Not going to fire him after 1 season if we draft a QB amnd go with a journeyman next year. Only the Bills would replace a Ferrari needing new brakes by completely blowing it up. At least we entered the honeymoon phase where dectractors will be shouted down by the snarky "We are doomed" posts from those that have been wrong for nearly 20 years now. The can has been kicked down the road.

its a form of entertainment for better or for worse. I sure as hell don't get caught up in what the world thinks of us.. And I will be an excited fan at the beginning of the season as always... If **** goes south again. rinse and repeat.. I'm good at this now

Edited by ddaryl

It's been reported but not confirmed....wait until it happens before you flip out....

Yes. Pegula's has also said in an article that the offense produced and insinuated that the other side of the ball was the problem. Even a novice football person would be inclined to keep the productive unit intact.

I often wonder if Pegula ever watched a football game before he bought the team.

Pegula is a bottom 5 owner in sports.

Yes. Pegula's has also said in an article that the offense produced and insinuated that the other side of the ball was the problem. Even a novice football person would be inclined to keep the productive unit intact.

That was after he blamed the offense for letting Fitzpatrick throw for 500 yards.

I often wonder if Pegula ever watched a football game before he bought the team.

Seems to me Mr. Pegula is both loyal and very dependent on those advising him. He must have had some great advisors in the fracking business.

It's not that as much as no team has averaged as many yards per carry as the Bills this millennium. It's a function of the backs, the QB, the line, the coaching, etc... but the run game wasn't just good, it was historically good.

Yes but obviously historically good doesnt equal playoffs.

I can handle just good and more balance on offense.

Is that a new report or the same one thats been circulating? Would really love to know the logic behind dismantling an offense that was seventh in points scored after tyrods last game. Makes zero sense. Maybe theyre gonna burn this thing to the ground and tank for darnold

Because gettinf rid of a plug and play game manager is NOT dismantling the offense. Jesusb

Yeah it's not a balance issue on offense.

TT is a middle of the league passer.

Bills had days where Bob Woods was the only WR on the roster who could make most rosters........literally guys like Hunter, Tate and Powell were key targets for Tyrod and are hanging by a thread as NFL players.

And when you are running the ball into the end zone you can't throw it on the next play........you gotta' kickoff. :flirt:

When you outscore 80% of the offenses in the NFL that's something you should probably consider building on rather than starting over........but hey......Bills gonna' Billsy. :lol:

And were is ANY point to truth that this running game is going to fail with a different QB.

Seems to me this is a best case scenario for Whaley and he bought himself another couple years here. Not going to fire him after 1 season if we draft a QB amnd go with a journeyman next year. Only the Bills would replace a Ferrari needing new brakes by completely blowing it up. At least we entered the honeymoon phase where dectractors will be shouted down by the snarky "We are doomed" posts from those that have been wrong for nearly 20 years now. The can has been kicked down the road.

This made me laugh, thank you :) The SUV (not Ferrari) had plenty of brakes this season, defense, HC, and Carpenter to name three. What it lacked was a solid engine (QB), and a non-defective onboard computer (HC/DC).

Edited by CodeMonkey