What will get you excited for a better upcoming season?

Virgil

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Taylor and draft Clemson Qb in first somehow

I can't even imagine what Whaley would need to give the Browns to make that happen.

can we draft her

85a02af75facc7cfa04d0ff6319f539e.jpg

Lilly from AT&T is way hotter.

The Pegulas giving me seasons in the owners box for the Bills and Ssbres would get me excited for next season. Short of that, meh.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I like the Idea of Lynn. While he is not a big name at least he is already familiar with the personnel and I think he definitely improved the play calling, pick up the option on Tyrod(next year is the year of the QB not this year) and improve the D( safety, CB, LB), draft a stud WR. This offense was fun to watch this year, and if the defense stepped up to the plate we would have made the playoffs.

I haven't posted a lot this past week because I haven't been able to decide how I feel about all of these changes. I know that Rex had to go. I am good with Whaley staying. I'm unhappy with TT being gone, if that's what happens.

But overall, I just can't seem to find anything to get excited about with any of these Head Coaches, FA, or Draft. All three of these areas seem to be a matter of better than nothing.

With Head Coaches, no one really jumps out at me. I was hoping Todd Haley would be a candidate, but he's not being mentioned for any team. None of the coordinators had a truly amazing season. Mike Smith is the only coach that had previous head coaching success and he's not on our radar. Defensively, we will only get better without Rex. But offensively, I'm very worried about creating a new offensive identity. That is, unless we somehow retain Lynn as OC, which is rare for a new head coach to do. As for Lynn, there is just too much he doesn't know about being a Head Coach and I DO NOT want to rebuild

FA is rough because we have so many players we need to re-sign, that I don't see us being able to make a splash. Lorax should get paid, but he's also up there in age. Zach fell off a cliff in the second half. I DO NOT think Gilmore is worth what he will get elsewhere. Woods is bound to get overpaid as well. Regardless, losing them still creates holes that would need to be filled. So it's a catch-22.

This draft looks to be incredibly average to me at positions of need, being WR, RT, QB (if TT is gone), S, and DB (If Gilmore is gone). The draft is the reason why I wish we could magically have all of our players extended on more year with a new defensive coach. Our talent level was good enough for the playoffs. If we had our same roster, same OC, added Mike Williams, a starting RT and S, I think we are in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I can't see how we can keep the parts that worked, improve in areas we need, and plug the holes being made through attrition.

Well, that was depressing. Sorry

A humble coach that doesn't make his system so complex that you need a PhD to understand it

A QB with an accurate arm that can run. I don't care if it's a cannon. . .just be accurate. 20 yard passes are just as good as 50 yard passes and have a better chance of being completed.

A defense without a soft underbelly that doesn't give up 200 yard games.

A coach with cajones to fine and admonish his players rather than running Club Paradise in the locker room.

A third option at WR that isn't made of glass and a system that can effectively use a TE in the passing game for 50-60 catches a year, especially in the red zone.

Being at least 6 - 2 going into the 9th game of the year with a Top Ten defense and a Top 15 offense.

A strength and conditioning coach that actually does their job so half the starting roster isn't on IR second week of preseason games.

I can't even imagine what Whaley would need to give the Browns to make that happen.

Lilly from AT&T is way hotter.

The Pegulas giving me seasons in the owners box for the Bills and Ssbres would get me excited for next season. Short of that, meh.

It's just a head-shot.. Boob-job... Lip injections.... What's the rest look like?