Who are your 4 favorite current NFL head coaches?

Ah, good point...I started reading responses and misunderstood the question, so my bad. Personally, my list still stays unchanged, but I see why some would leave off BB. As a Bills fan it seems we are supposed to hate him and the Pats, but honestly, I love football and even though I hate losing to the Pats I am still impressed with what they do every week and every season.

HA, that is a great way to label the Texans...the AFC's third bye week.

Man I feel sorry for the Raiders and Carr...NEVER in my WILDEST dreams did I think I would ever say that as growing up and living in Cali I have grown to hate the Raiders more than anyone in our division just because I hate the fans so much here. But there is something different for me with this team, Carr and company have softened my hatred a bit and I just like to watch the kid play. Del Rio has done a heck of a job there too. They should be a force in these playoffs and they have been reduced to another bye week as well with Cook having to lead them.

I also feel for Raiders fans... Their playoff drought was almost as long as ours, they finally break it only to lose their QB right before the playoffs. That's brutal.

What really sucks is NE will get to play either the Texans or Raiders. I at least wanted them to have Pittsburgh and KC, who have a tiny chance at beating them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5 in order of best to 5th...

Belichick, Carroll, Reid, McCarthy, Harbaugh

Pretty much agree.

Belichick, Carroll and Reid were the first names that came to mind when I read the title of the thread. I'd have to give the #4 position a lot of thought.

Edited by hondo in seattle

For Alphadawg....

If I am ranking best:

1. Belichick

A distant...

2. John Harbaugh

3. Pete Carroll

A distant...

4. Mike Tomlin (overrated? You don't get lucky for 10 years. 0 losing seasons. Go figure).

5. Bruce Arians

6. Mike Zimmer

When I say Tomlin is overrated, I am not saying he is a bad coach coasting on the coat tails of the team. I just mean he is often viewed higher than I think he really deserves. If I made a top 10 list, I would bet he would make it in there, but definitely not my top 4 or 5.

He inherited a very talented team, and its been quite talented most of his tenure and just about any coach would have made the playoffs many times during the same tenure with the rosters they have had. When I watch the games I find myself often puzzled or frustrated with decisions he makes in game.

How can anyone on this board actually like Bellichek?He is probably the greatest coach of all time, but he is my least favorite coach.

Agreed that nobody on the board should like him. GOAT? What was he without Brady? Reminds me of something that was asked when Joe Torre was managing the Yankees...when should the retire? The day after Mariano Rivera retires!

When I say Tomlin is overrated, I am not saying he is a bad coach coasting on the coat tails of the team. I just mean he is often viewed higher than I think he really deserves. If I made a top 10 list, I would bet he would make it in there, but definitely not my top 4 or 5.

He inherited a very talented team, and its been quite talented most of his tenure and just about any coach would have made the playoffs many times during the same tenure with the rosters they have had. When I watch the games I find myself often puzzled or frustrated with decisions he makes in game.

Agreed 100 percent. Has had Dick Lebeau and Bruce Arians as coordinators. Inherited the number one defence at the time, and a hall of fame QB

Agreed 100 percent. Has had Dick Lebeau and Bruce Arians as coordinators. Inherited the number one defence at the time, and a hall of fame QB

No doubt, it helps to have a HOF QB :)

Tomlin has always struck me as a leader of men. His demeanor on the sideline and in press conferences has always impressed me. I remember he was asked about the wildcat and he made a comment to the effect that he welcomed the challenge to see if those offenses would have the will to let their QB get hit that much.

Only time I was disappointed in him was the sideline interference fiasco.

EDIT: I almost forgot that I also held him accountable for the Joey Porter incident with the Bungles.

Edited by LI_Bills

Agreed that nobody on the board should like him. GOAT? What was he without Brady? Reminds me of something that was asked when Joe Torre was managing the Yankees...when should the retire? The day after Mariano Rivera retires!

I go back with GOAT Bellichek or GOAT Brady. I have to give it to Bellichek as he was won consistently (since Tom Brady became a starter) with no matter who was at QB (Cassel). I am not convinced either would do nearly as well if they coached/played on other teams.

I go back with GOAT Bellichek or GOAT Brady. I have to give it to Bellichek as he was won consistently (since Tom Brady became a starter) with no matter who was at QB (Cassel). I am not convinced either would do nearly as well if they coached/played on other teams.

Fair enough. I'm just get so friggin sick of their success.

Edited by LI_Bills

Belichick is 51-65 without Tommy Boy, and was 5-11 in his first year in NE with Bledsoe under center. Not saying he's not great, but it's gotta make the game planning a lot easier with that Brady trotting out there every week.

May they both die a fiery death together in a single engine plane crash.