Who are your 4 favorite current NFL head coaches?

I dont disagree with anything you just said...and if anyone goes back and reads my posts, you will see I said he would probably crack my top 10 if I made a top 10 list for the very reasons you stated. I made the case of him being over rated in terms of the top 4 ranking and even top 5 ranking. But its getting blown out of proportion to mean I think he is terrible, which is not what I have been saying.

I didn't misread your comments, and I agree with your logic. Whether one puts him at 8 or 4, I think we both agree that he's at least pretty good!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't misread your comments, and I agree with your logic. Whether one puts him at 8 or 4, I think we both agree that he's at least pretty good!

Yeah, the convo just got side tracked to seem more than it was...all good. Like I said in the comment just before this, I am just sick on my couch with my laptop and nothing better to do lol...

This week I must choose. Reid or Tomlin.

I wish it were otherwise. But I must choose Reid. Simply because I want to see him win a SB ring.

I would love to see the Steelers do well, I am a big fan of Antonio Brown thanks to watching him so much the last 3 years while he has been on a couple of my fantasy teams, plus some good friends are big Steeler fans.

That being said, this KC team is legit. I am late to buying in as I doubted them early in the season, but I think they will not only beat Pitt, but I think they can beat NE and make a run at winning the SB. In fact, I think they have a better chance at beating NE than Pitt does. Still have to say the Pats are the faves, but both the Steelers and Chiefs have shots at beating them, I just think with KC's D they have a better shot than Pitt who will likely have to rely on just winning a shoot out which is not the way I would want to try and beat Brady and BB.

Yeah, the convo just got side tracked to seem more than it was...all good. Like I said in the comment just before this, I am just sick on my couch with my laptop and nothing better to do lol...

I would love to see the Steelers do well, I am a big fan of Antonio Brown thanks to watching him so much the last 3 years while he has been on a couple of my fantasy teams, plus some good friends are big Steeler fans.

That being said, this KC team is legit. I am late to buying in as I doubted them early in the season, but I think they will not only beat Pitt, but I think they can beat NE and make a run at winning the SB. In fact, I think they have a better chance at beating NE than Pitt does. Still have to say the Pats are the faves, but both the Steelers and Chiefs have shots at beating them, I just think with KC's D they have a better shot than Pitt who will likely have to rely on just winning a shoot out which is not the way I would want to try and beat Brady and BB.

Agreed.

I give KC a 1/5 chance of winning vs NE

I give Pittsburgh a 1/15 chance.

Everyone was hurt for KC last season and they still gave NE a game.

Edited by TheFunPolice

LOL, chill out...I wasnt annoyed, just addressing your fair comment. Im all good, didn't mean it to come across annoyed with you. Im just sick and have nothing better to do today but sit here on my lap top while I rewatch "The Office" on Netflix. I highly recommend this by the way...always loved the show, but binge watching from episode 1 has been epic while sick.

I hope you feel better man! Stay away from the beer I suggested, Scotch may be a better choice! BTW I agree with your points on Seifert & on the Office!

Agreed.

I give KC a 1/5 chance of winning vs NE

I give Pittsburgh a 1/15 chance.

Everyone was hurt for KC last season and they still gave NE a game.

Exactly...and this KC team is clicking on all cylinders right now. Personally if I had to rank all the remaining teams in the Playoffs in terms of who is most likely to win the SB, my first 2 choices would be Pats and Chiefs. Third would be Seattle (Pete always has them ready to play in the playoffs)...after that, its a toss up between Dallas, GB, and Pitt for who I would put at 4. You can make a case for any of them...I would probably lean Dallas based on the dominant run game and OL and with Pitt and GB having Defensive question marks.

I hope you feel better man! Stay away from the beer I suggested, Scotch may be a better choice! BTW I agree with your points on Seifert & on the Office!

Ha, been drinking ginger and honey tea with some Jameson in it...works great. In terms of The Office, Michael Scott and Dwight are easily two of the best characters on TV ever. Binge watching this show has been addicting even though I have other shows I havent started or finished I want to watch too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Bellichick

Carroll

Arians

Harbaugh

BB and Carroll are an order of magnitude better than any other. Reid is a clown come the playoffs, where he squanders all of those regular season wins. I would put Kubiak in there had he not retired (he was the guy I wanted the Bills to hire, but there was zero chance). I don't know if Tomlin's a coach in the usual sense of the word.

These

Belicheck x 4.

I like winners and I like smart guys, not football meatheads. Hate this guy all you want, he's what you and the Bills aspire to hire. Week in and week out, he out-coaches every team in this league. Yes he has the GOAT at QB but instead of sitting back and keeping it simple and straightforward, resting on your laurels, he game-plans and comes up with something specific for the opponent each week. And for those in the anti-media camp who still hate him, you have to give it to him the way he treats press conferences and stupid questions, the best.

1. Belichick

Once you get past the cheating, he's incredibly insightful and innovative. Listen to him when he talks x and os...it's mesmerizing. I think his cheat comes from two areas, he pushes the envelope or what the rules "say" and what they "mean" and he calculates the cost if it's determined not in his favor. If you look at all the times he's done something that pushes the envelope that was determined not to break the rules, it's very effective. He just doesn't care that is he crosses the line when he tests it.

2. O'Brien

Exactly the type of guy you want when you'd don't have a QB. His gameplans are generally solid. He would have been my first choice for the Bills if he was fired.

3. John Harbaugh

The quintessential "Head" coach. If there's one thing we know in Buffalo, it's coordinators in chief filling the head coaching position. He's involved with every aspect and hires assistants with resumes. He's also not afraid to cut bait when it isn't working and get someone else.

4. Pete Carroll

I hate to love him, but he knew what he wanted coming into the Seahawks and he got it then he has performed with it. He's also another guy that seems to always be able to find good coordinators.

Edited by jeremy2020

Barry Switzer coached Dallas for 4 seasons.

Tomlin just keeps winning. This is his 10th season and he's won 64% of his games. His worst year was 8-8 and he has never had a losing season.

That's not luck. That's a great job.

Correct.

And I also watch a lot of the Steelers. I see a world class leader in Tomlin.

And I will say this - leadership is the quality I value absolutely as #1 in a Head Coach. The rest I can get other people to do.... but leadership must come from the guy at the top.

Edited by GunnerBill