The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

I'm a little concerned, frankly, if those docs do actually describe the CIA'S entire surveillance repertoire. A lot of it seems pretty basic and frankly outdated from what I can tell.

It's not their surveillance repertoire, it's their cyber-warfare arsenal. At least the non-classified elements of it.

It's not their surveillance repertoire, it's their cyber-warfare arsenal. At least the non-classified elements of it.

Good distinction. But still...weren't we covering the computer camera with post-its in the 90s? There's got to be more.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but they sound like simpletons.

Is someone going to call me an idiot?

I doubt it - I'm certainly not going to. :beer:

I'm only saying that I agree with your premise, and that I'm cynical enough to believe that intelligence organizations are more concerned with what Americans are saying given the current climate than they are with spying on others.

It's normal for US attorneys to submit their resignations with a change of administration.

What's NOT normal is for the AG to have to request their resignations.

Yes. I remember the media **** storm when W fired his US Attorneys. They thought they had it made in the shade. But he wanted his own people in... and that's highly unusual... NOT! Except of course if it's guys from your team getting **** canned.

I thought I read every post but now I'm sure I missed something.

Is someone going to call me an idiot?

Not all is here. The information you seek is elsewhere. :ph34r:

Surveillance by the CIA on US soil is "not allowed." :lol:

You don't present like one.

Edited by Nanker

Yes. I remember the media **** storm when W fired his US Attorneys. They thought they had it made in the shade. But he wanted his own people in... and that's highly unusual... NOT! Except of course if it's guys from your team getting **** canned.

And there was a "scandal" in 2009 when one a Bush-appointed attorney refused to submit their resignation to Holder.

Wasn't widely reported, and didn't get much traction, because "President Jesus."

And there was a "scandal" in 2009 when one a Bush-appointed attorney refused to submit their resignation to Holder.

Wasn't widely reported, and didn't get much traction, because "President Jesus."

Report: U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Refusing To Resign On Trump Request

What Is Really Behind The Firing Of Obama Holdovers In The Department Of Justice

Yesterday afternoon Attorney General Jeff Sessions requested the resignation of the 46 remaining US Attorneys appointed by Obama. Overnight we’ve received some clarification. The acting deputy attorney general and US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, Dana Boente, and the US Attorney for Maryland, Rod Rosenstein, who has been nominated to be deputy attorney general will be allowed to stay on. At this writing it appears that the high-profile and media-whorish US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, was also terminated.

Many are not happy:

I shouldn’t be surprised, one thing I’ve discovered since November 9 is that there is no story, whatsoever, about Trump that the anti-Trump people are incapable of believing. When it comes to this stuff there is no bar of credibility the story has to clear beyond its mere existence.

Trump “ousts” US Attorneys. Obama “replaces” them.

I thought I mentioned that earlier? He's the financial world's equivalent of OC

:lol; yeah, right.

YOU are the financial world's equivalent of OC....need I drag out and repost your epochs with TPS?

What a joke.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

:lol; yeah, right.

YOU are the financial world's equivalent of OC....need I drag out and repost your epochs with TPS?

What a joke.

GG, for the life of me, since reading this I've been trying to figure out what the hell are "your epochs"?

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER:

“The Deep State Is a Figment of Steve Bannon’s Imagination.”

—Headline, the Politico, Thursday.

“Rogue Twitter Accounts Fight to Preserve the Voice of Government Science.”

—Headline, The Intercept, yesterday.

As Melissa Mackenzie of the American Spectator tweets, “Find them. Fire them,” adding,

“Dear President Trump, It’s time to go Sherman on these unelected government bureaucrats. Sincerely, Taxpayers.”

GG, for the life of me, since reading this I've been trying to figure out what the hell are "your epochs"?

My guess is the arguments about Keyensian policies will jump start the economy to greatest heights ever.

Epochs are like ewoks, only bigger. Much, much bigger.

Thanks, I was stuck on the "e" part, like some kind of new digital age concept: "e"mail, "e"tail, "e"trade, etc.

"e"pochs, some kind of digital curse?

Like of epic proportions?

That was good.

Nothing to see here...

The CIA forgot about a bunch of classified documents stashed in the Rockefellers’ barn

The vault apparently remained in place, and the documents undisturbed, until 1979. According to a formerly CONFIDENTIAL memo, the vault “fell through the cracks” as a result of a “unique” situation. The situation would have remained lost between the cracks if not for the attempt to give the barn away, and the subsequent notice to CIA from Judge Harold Tyler. The matter had, as it turned out, been completely lost to the Agency, whose Special Security Center didn’t have any records on the Rockefeller SCIF until after Judge Tyler contacted CIA about it.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2017/mar/06/cia-forgot-about-bunch-classified-documents-stashe/

Nothing to see here...

The CIA forgot about a bunch of classified documents stashed in the Rockefellers barn

The vault apparently remained in place, and the documents undisturbed, until 1979. According to a formerly CONFIDENTIAL memo, the vault fell through the cracks as a result of a unique situation. The situation would have remained lost between the cracks if not for the attempt to give the barn away, and the subsequent notice to CIA from Judge Harold Tyler. The matter had, as it turned out, been completely lost to the Agency, whose Special Security Center didnt have any records on the Rockefeller SCIF until after Judge Tyler contacted CIA about it.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2017/mar/06/cia-forgot-about-bunch-classified-documents-stashe/

fast forward 125 yrs and we will be looking at the Clinton outhouse and finding documents there, too

Nothing to see here...

The CIA forgot about a bunch of classified documents stashed in the Rockefellers’ barn

The vault apparently remained in place, and the documents undisturbed, until 1979. According to a formerly CONFIDENTIAL memo, the vault “fell through the cracks” as a result of a “unique” situation. The situation would have remained lost between the cracks if not for the attempt to give the barn away, and the subsequent notice to CIA from Judge Harold Tyler. The matter had, as it turned out, been completely lost to the Agency, whose Special Security Center didn’t have any records on the Rockefeller SCIF until after Judge Tyler contacted CIA about it.

Are you saying that the group that's planning the destruction of US democracy can't get its act together to catalog an old barn?

Are you saying that the group that's planning the destruction of US democracy can't get its act together to catalog an old barn?

No, in your rush to mock you once again fly right by the point. Put your thinking hat on and brush off your history books.

Many have believed, for years, CIA was in fact established not to be an agency of the federal government, but as an intelligence agency for Wall Street and big finance. This is clear evidence of that and more, namely that we live in something more akin to The Most Serene Republic of Venice than we do a functioning democratic republic: a financial oligarchy disguised as a republic, complete with it's own version of the Council of 10 -- with the CIA playing that role -- conducting its own foreign policy, espionage, and covert operations at the behest of the oligarchy while forcing the citizens of Venice to pay for it.

What this story is actually demonstrating is three fold:

1) There was no precedent for storing classified documents on private property after an official left office (and there was no precedent for everyone in the Rockefeller staff to have access to this SCIF vault as the article makes clear happened)

2) NAR continued to do so with impunity which suggests:

3) The suspicions of a CIA-Wall Street connection passed from the realm of speculation and into hard fact. The pattern of this connection which began with Allen Dulles and his connections to Sullivan and Cromwell, and continued long after Dulles' demise, went through at least the Nixon-Ford era.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Riiight. The old Wall Street/CIA alliance. You'd figure that a bunch that's this smart and connected would have prevented the subprime meltdown.

Or let me guess, that was also part of the plan?

Hypocrites..............................................on ice !

USA TODAY COLUMN: Preet Bharara Proves Trump Right.

“I want to be clear here — Bharara’s refusal to resign wasn’t about principle. It was about putting himself publicly on the side of anti-Trump Democrats, no doubt in the expectation of future rewards, political or professional. It was not a brave act. It was, in fact, a species of corruption.”

UPDATE: Hey, lookie here: Consultants say Bharara is well-positioned for elected office bid.

Two interesting tweets today from JA:

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/841609854540238849

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/841612345185046528

The new season of Homeland looks like it's been written by DR himself.

You are no Saul Goodman my friend.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I've never consulted for that show... that I'm aware of...