The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

DR,

For as long as I can remember (I'm old now though so I can't remember much) I've never taken MSM news at face value, rather I've tried to decipher what the players in the background, the Deep State players, were trying to do through the media. A few years back I recall GG and I had a bit of a debate (imagine that) about one of the ME wars (who knows which one now), that it seemed there was a spy vs spy "fight" going on between those who wanted to invade and those who didn't. I think you are correct, we are in the middle of a doozy right now, as Trump and Flynn are a threat to one wing--the CIA, who has been waging the covert war in Syria. Here's a good piece related to the hacking that also gets into the deep state fisticuffs.

Moon of Alabama

:beer:

Good stuff. Appreciate the link.

Yes, it's pretty evident what's happening right now and what is really the driving force of it all: this infighting between factions within the Deep State. It impacts everything going on. The only people who deny this are those who haven't done, or who are unwilling to do, their homework.

Any analysis of current events that doesn't factor in this conflict is only going to give you a sliver of the total picture. People are focused on the wrong thing, by and large. They're focused on the politicians in the spotlight -- but the politicians are just the furniture in the house. Everyone is screaming about rearranging the furniture, or arguing this piece of furniture is a misogynist while that piece of furniture is a war monger... but no one is talking about the house.

And the house is on fire.

It's quite literally burning down around us, but you won't see that being covered by the MSM or the various echo chambers we all retreat to in order to get "real" news. No matter how you arrange the furniture inside the house, it's meaningless if you're not willing to acknowledge the fire licking the walls.

Conspiracy is the new normal, not because conspiracy is new... this particular conspiracy stretches back decades if not centuries... but because the majority of people are finally seeing through the propaganda being pushed by the MSM by our own State Department on behalf of this Deep State. The evidence that we've been lied to has been piling up for years and has reached a climax over the past few weeks. We've been lied to, conditioned to accept the absolute destruction of our civil liberties and our constitutional democracy as being the necessary price of security in the post 9/11 world.

It's a con job, designed to maintain power in the hands of a few at the expense of the many.

Admitting we have a problem in this country is the first step to recovery. It's time to wake up en mass and shine a light on the monsters hiding in the shadows. If we don't come together and put out this fire, we all will lose.

:beer:

Good stuff. Appreciate the link.

Yes, it's pretty evident what's happening right now and what is really the driving force of it all: this infighting between factions within the Deep State. It impacts everything going on. The only people who deny this are those who haven't done, or who are unwilling to do, their homework.

Any analysis of current events that doesn't factor in this conflict is only going to give you a sliver of the total picture. People are focused on the wrong thing, by and large. They're focused on the politicians in the spotlight -- but the politicians are just the furniture in the house. Everyone is screaming about rearranging the furniture, or arguing this piece of furniture is a misogynist while that piece of furniture is a war monger... but no one is talking about the house.

And the house is on fire.

It's quite literally burning down around us, but you won't see that being covered by the MSM or the various echo chambers we all retreat to in order to get "real" news. No matter how you arrange the furniture inside the house, it's meaningless if you're not willing to acknowledge the fire licking the walls.

Conspiracy is the new normal, not because conspiracy is new... this particular conspiracy stretches back decades if not centuries... but because the majority of people are finally seeing through the propaganda being pushed by the MSM by our own State Department on behalf of this Deep State. The evidence that we've been lied to has been piling up for years and has reached a climax over the past few weeks. We've been lied to, conditioned to accept the absolute destruction of our civil liberties and our constitutional democracy as being the necessary price of security in the post 9/11 world.

It's a con job, designed to maintain power in the hands of a few at the expense of the many.

Admitting we have a problem in this country is the first step to recovery. It's time to wake up en mass and shine a light on the monsters hiding in the shadows. If we don't come together and put out this fire, we all will lose.

Snowden and Assange should get a lot of credit for exposing the men behind the curtain...

Snowden and Assange should get a lot of credit for exposing the men behind the curtain...

Both are interesting case studies, both certainly deserve better than they've gotten from the public at large... but both also could be severely compromised at this point.

Snowden, more than likely, was not and has not been working on his own from the best I can ascertain. Whether he's working actively with another state (which I doubt) or with a faction of the Deep State itself (which is more likely) I can't tell. The people I know in the IC are split right down the middle on what to do with him. Half think he's a traitor despite agreeing with his cause, the other half think he's a cut-out still actively working for CIA. These are men and women who know their stuff, the fact they're so divided on this subject just gives me pause.

I think Snowden performed an incredible service to the country in many ways, the "New Normal" thread in here makes that pretty clear. But even so I'm not sure what I'd do with him now. He's only released a fraction of what he took to the public (allegedly he released under 5% of the material). There's a very real possibility he gave the rest to a state actor (like Russia) when he cut his asylum deal. If he did that, without releasing it to the public, my opinion on whether he's a traitor might change.

Assange is a more interesting case simply because to date we don't know if he's even still alive. Which is a pretty incredible thing to say considering he did an on-camera interview for Hannity recently (but it looked terribly green screened, like public access channel level terrible) and an AMA on reddit where he offered very little despite promising a "proof of life". What we do know is that he was taken off the board in October, at least temporarily, when they cut the power to the embassy. Whether he was killed, detained, moved for protection, or coerced in any way during that time is still unknown.

For that reason alone, I'm curious to see what WikiLeaks drops next.

WikiLeaks as a whole, despite the clamor about Russian interference, has to date not released a single falsified or edited document of any kind. That's kind of amazing too when you consider the amount of stuff they've released not just this year but to date.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Jeremy Corbyn Accused of Being Russian “Collaborator” for Questioning NATO Troop Build-Up on Border

It was in this context that Corbyn said it is “unfortunate that troops have gone up to the border on both sides,” adding that “he wanted to see better relations between Russia, NATO and the EU.” The Labour leader explained that while Russia has engaged in serious human rights abuses both domestically and in Syria, there must be a “better relationships between both sides . . . there cannot be a return to a Cold War mentality.”

The response to Corbyn’s call for better relations and de-escalation of tensions with Moscow was swift and predictable. The armed forces minister for Britain’s right-wing government, Mike Penning, accused Corbyn of being a collaborator with the Kremlin:

“These comments suggest that the Labour leader would rather collaborate with Russian aggression than mutually support Britain’s Nato allies. As with Trident, everything Labour says and does shows that they cannot be trusted with Britain’s national security.”

This is the same propagandistic formulation that has been used for decades in the west to equate opposition to militarism with some form of disloyalty or treason: if you oppose military confrontation with a foreign adversary or advocate better relations with it, then you are accused of harboring secret sympathy and even support for those foreign leaders, and are often suspected of being an active “collaborator” with (or “stooge” for) them.

I wonder which intelligence service it was. It's a puzzler...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-attacks-idUSKBN150113

Shooter nabbed (allegedly) by Turkey... this could get really interesting. If he survives the medical checks, of course.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_TURKEY_NIGHTCLUB_ATTACK?CTIME=2017-01-16-16-40-28&SECTION=HOME&SITE=AP&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Back on topic...

While the world has been waiting/watching for 45 to officially be inaugurated, Turkey and Russia made a deal that is a direct threat to not only the American Military Industrial Complex, but Saudi Arabia as well:

(Emphasis added)

http://tapnewswire.com/2017/01/turkey-fights-alongside-russia-and-iran-unthinkable-a-short-while-ago/

It does not boil down to Syria only. Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan that Turkey mulls joining the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), or Shanghai Pact, abandoning the effort to become a member of the EU. Turkey’s SCO accession would be a milestone development bringing together the organization and the Cooperation Council of Turkic-Speaking States (CCTS) – an international organization of Turkic countries, comprising Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkey.

Turkey is in talks with Russia on purchasing the advanced long-range S-400 air defense systems to protect its skies. Hardly anyone but Russia could offer Turkey a better deal on air defense. It is widely believed that the S-400 is the best air defense system in the world. With Russia’s help Turkey could start the production on its own soil to greatly enhance its industrial base.

Ankara also seeks procurement deals in electronic systems, ammunitions and missile technology. General Hulusi Akar, the head of the Turkish armed forces’ General Staff, visited Russia last November to discuss military cooperation.

During the August 9 summit in Saint-Petersburg, Russia and Turkey signed a declaration on unprecedented partnership in defense industry. The parties have also agreed to form a joint military and intelligence mechanism to coordinate their activities in the Middle East.

(snip)

The formation of an alliance between Russia and Turkey has become a visible trend. The statement made by the Russian Defense Ministry is an event of outstanding importance. The two great nations, one of them a member of NATO, have become comrades-in-arms – a game changing development unimaginable some time ago

Russia is not only selling the Turks sophisticated weaponry, but allowing them to manufacture the platforms in their own country. Additionally they are setting up long term agreements with regional powers, which will enable the Russians to put out fires in the ME rather than attempt costly and ineffective regime change campaigns. This, I suspect, will be the new model going forward -- it stands in direct opposition to the model used by the west for the past 16 years.

Allowing the Turks to manufacture and license Russian weaponry is a direct shot at the American MiC which has, through their own price gouging and poor delivery record, effectively priced themselves out of the market. Nations that can't afford to buy Boeing and Lockheed's pricey new toys will now be able to buy cheaper (and arguably more efficient) hardware from the Russians, favored nations might even be able to manufacture these weapons at home.

That's bad news for the Saudis on all fronts. It's real bad news for the MIC in the US, especially in light of their recent list of pricey failures (F-35, Zumwalt class destroyer et al)...

And it's another sign of what is really going on in the world today. We are witnessing one element of the Deep State, the one who's been pulling the strings globally for sixty some years, being ousted by another.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

http://katehon.com/article/fronts-coming-war-and-winning-strategy

I guess this would be the appropriate thread for this . Anyone care to comment on whether this is propaganda or an accurate assessment of Russias motivations

It's the ramblings of a nutjob. Dugin is a crackpot who insists (among other things) that physics is a Western conspiracy to enslave the Russian consciousness, and pines for a return to the Lysenkoism of Stalinist fascism.

If Dugin got anything right in that polemic, it was only by accident. More particularly; that entire article attempts to describe the realpolitik actions of Putin (who is as realpolitik as they come) within the context of an abstruse political philosophy that isn't even applicable to reality.

It's the ramblings of a nutjob. Dugin is a crackpot who insists (among other things) that physics is a Western conspiracy to enslave the Russian consciousness, and pines for a return to the Lysenkoism of Stalinist fascism.

If Dugin got anything right in that polemic, it was only by accident. More particularly; that entire article attempts to describe the realpolitik actions of Putin (who is as realpolitik as they come) within the context of an abstruse political philosophy that isn't even applicable to reality.

Appreciate your response, sir

http://katehon.com/article/fronts-coming-war-and-winning-strategy

I guess this would be the appropriate thread for this . Anyone care to comment on whether this is propaganda or an accurate assessment of Russias motivations

This is a better read on Putin's Russia.

Note the tone of Russia's paranoia, which mirrors the POV of a poster here and consider where most of his news are sourced.

Edited by GG

Please do.

A crackpot financial blog and a Pravda mouthpiece? No thanks.

Here's another uninformed piece from the lemming western press.

Nine months ago, as Russia’s recession deepened, Vladimir Putin drafted Mr Kudrin to come up with a new economic strategy. The former minister, who oversaw strong economic growth in the early 2000s, resigned in 2011 in protest against a massive increase in military spending. Since then he has acquired cult-like status among Russian liberals. A personal friend of Mr Putin, he is a counterweight to the hardliners of Russia’s security services, and has stayed inside the system rather than becoming a dissident. Although he holds no formal position, he is seen as the most senior liberal courtier in the Byzantine world of the Kremlin.
Mr Kudrin’s verdict was grim. Russia, he said, is at a low pace of economic growth even compared with the period of stagnation in the 1970s and 1980s that led to the Soviet collapse.

Edited by GG

This is a better read on Putin's Russia.

Note the tone of Russia's paranoia, which mirrors the POV of a poster here and consider where most of his news are sourced.

Well...when considering Russia's paranoia, one must also consider that controlling Russian expansion has been a feature of Western foreign policy since the Congress of Vienna. It's not a recent development, nor is it particularly unfounded for that matter.

This is the wacko conspiracy thread so I'd like to thank Third for staying on topic.